Washing Pot... How Dry Is Too Dry?

• Thread starter WhackityJack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have never heard or known anyone to do this(indoor or outdoor) .My// outdoor plants are pristine, most bugs would be on leaves so after trimming they gone,what kind of bugs y'all got on your buds?
my thought too,you would be surprised how much crap is on the food you buy at local grocer,i guess it just the thought,but will say this fried grass hoppers are good,crawldead heads really good,oysters ,shrimp hell im hungry hahahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

hey just a food for thought,if you love eating catfish you eating shit,they eat anything same as a chicken,dont believe it ,spit on the ground and watch them chickens get ride of it,catfish anything they eat,ops like live bait but will eat dead bait too.
sorry but no way im gonna get ride of the frost i worked hard for to wash it all away,that along with other things make the eco system,im not chancing that ,i love getting medicated after 2 hits you aint gonna know bug shit on it anyway hahaah and some ive smoked you couldnt see it either after 2 hits hahah.
i will add why,i use to frezze my harvest ,tuck away in a hidey hole in the back for security mainly,that frost does come off,be all in the bottom of bag,just take a finger and get you some ,no way i would even try this,i seen it on grass city other day and scrolled right on past the thread hahaha

Madbud

Madbud

Soaking buds does not affect trichs, period. If you don’t believe then at least “sacrifice” a couple branches to see the difference. I end up with debris on the bottom and top of the water and a few oil spots, probably neem oil from early summer, but the trichs are definitely not affected.

mancorn

mancorn

The light is fading, so my pics suck, but I took a small bud...

Washing it in a pint glass of 78 degree tap water. The TDS was pretty much identical before and after, but there was a noticeable oil sheen on the after water. (Don't spray neem after flowering, so thinking it's most likely natural oil from the plant.) Looking at the wash water under a loupe and I could see what I think are gland heads. (Not full trichomes, rather little balls.) Could be a bunch of small eggs, but I'd guess they're the trichome heads (as some appear reddish). But there's not a huge number (especially in relationship to the amount on the bud), and doesn't look real significant.

The after water is on the right.

Trimmed up the little bud and hung em on the drying rack (67 degree at 56 humidity) and it doesn't feel wet after about a half hour.

(Can you tell I really hate trimming? Pretty much doing anything is more fun.)

Last edited:
Dbear180

Dbear180

These buds are from the same plant. One was on a broken branch I did not get to wash because I was too busy @ my slave job. The other was washed right after I chopped it down.... My next door neighbor has llamas & horses & they kick up quite a bit of dust chasing each other around the yard.
20191014 194806

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

Ya but Indoor ya count your loses and do another grow. I would never think it’s a good idea to wash my buds after harvest and especially after they been drying for a few days lol 💁‍♀️
Spray em off before you chop if there is that much poop on them.
Mold only happens indoors if your trying to grow more weed then your system can handle. The point of indoor is to control so you don’t have to deal with outdoor problems.

Yah true, I agree not to wash after drying - which is why the second post was me saying not to wash after drying 😎

Mold can come from anywhere being that it's ever present but yes, agreed, controlling the indoor environment much lessen the chances. Agreed mad'am agreed.

onextremebuzz

onextremebuzz

Alright well if its really harsh and its dry. You can just soak the buds in luke warm water and place it on a screen. I literally just tried this with some outdoor that hadn't been washed last harvest and it really cleaned it up. My thc loss was minimal if any. I literally soaked my weed and re dried it. I can smoke joints with out coughing. But try it out for your self with a sample and see for your self. I'd wash it.

onextremebuzz

onextremebuzz

Cause it's outdoor? definitely not indoor. Unless... well... different story

Outdoor is usually contaminated especially if grown in or around fields. Dust ect bugs whatever. So look up the three bucket lemon juice baking soda and rinse, rinse solution. Or just use water. Anything is better than nothing right? You wash your veggies before you eat them. You should wash your weed before you smoke or eat it as well.

Top Bottom