Water Chiller Won't Stop Chilling!!! Reads 104f But Water Is 55f

• Thread starter scottonfire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

scottonfire

WTF!? I have an old-school eco Plus 1/2HP chiller (metal, no filters). Connected it yesterday after being stored for a few yrs. Attached to system and she fired up w/ no problem. Water temp was 72. Set the chiller at 70 on "cool". This morning the red digital display reads 104. I unplugged and have turned on my big 1000W lights to try to warm up the water. Meantime, what the hell. Anyone experience this?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
WTF!? I have an old-school eco Plus 1/2HP chiller (metal, no filters). Connected it yesterday after being stored for a few yrs. Attached to system and she fired up w/ no problem. Water temp was 72. Set the chiller at 70 on "cool". This morning the red digital display reads 104. I unplugged and have turned on my big 1000W lights to try to warm up the water. Meantime, what the hell. Anyone experience this?

I'm a little confused. You said that your water was 72 before you added the chiller and it was 104 afterwards...why would you try to warm up the water with your lighting system since it was already 33 degrees warmer than when you started. Did I misread something or am I clueless? If clueless...it won't be the first time!!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Please overlook my earlier post...I didn't see the title's temp mismatch of reading 104 but actually 55. I need lo read before I post.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

go to pet store and get a clamp on temp guage maybe,if it was put up for a while i could see a little fuzz and shit jacking with it but not to that extent,bumping a gauge around does,if it isnt liquid filled guage there never really acurite anyway,buy a manual gauge and adjust temps by it,also if it isnt cooling and was when put up did you clean with fresh distilled water or ro water before storing,lime build up can block it,just as a window unit does,folks dont realize they still have to clean coils at least once a year,when they dont cuts item live span by half,just saying

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like u have a sensor failure or misplaced sensor probe. Chiller is doing it’s job it thinks it’s fucking 104. Find ur water sensor

S

scottonfire

talked to a dude at eco plus. It is a broken temp sensor so I bought an external temp controller with a sensor so it turns on chiller automatically from it. $35 and will be here tomorr. Sweet!

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
Awesome glad it worked out for ya

Latest posts

Top Bottom