Water Clone to Coco

• Thread starter seaslug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
seaslug

seaslug

I've got some cuttings showing roots in small jars of bottled spring water. When should I transfer them to small pots containing Canna coco? I'm thinking when the longest root is almost an inch long but I've never done this before.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've never had good success taking water-rooted cuttings into media, so if it were *me*, I'd get 'em into coir or soil ASAP. Before they start building those really delicate hair roots that can be broken off. This way, they'll acclimate to the media that much more quickly.

Others may have differing opinions based on successful experience.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I use a EZ cloner and I dont put them into the coco til I have mad roots usually takes about 2 weeks. Slap them in a beer cup with coco give em a little tea and the roots will engulf the cup with roots in a couple days
Works for me

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

What budgoggles said and make sure to give them a heavy watering after transplant

And keep them away from 1k watts for a few days. T5s til they're good n rooted

seaslug

seaslug

Thanks for the replies. I've got a 25 site Botanicare aero cloner but I didn't have a good spot to set it up. I keep forgetting to buy Solo cups at the store. Right now, I need to seal off a cold draft from outside in my veg area.

Back to work on the grow . . .

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh jeez, well if we're talking cloners, I was having great success with mine (til it got the gunk). I did one big thing that makes the transition from water culture to media MUCH easier--put the pump on a timer. 15 on, 15 off. Let the roots get as long as their destination pot and you'll see absolutely ZERO time wasted while they adjust to the new medium. In fact, for me at least, once they hit the coir they really take off and I've gotta stay on top of 'em.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

A little ogbiowar tea in the cloner always helps as well, gives you crazy fat fishy bone roots

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

I've got some cuttings showing roots in small jars of bottled spring water. When should I transfer them to small pots containing Canna coco? I'm thinking when the longest root is almost an inch long but I've never done this before.
...if you clone directly into cups of coco you won't have this 'problem' going forward.

DSCI4483

DSCI4490

DSCI4491

...the key is moisture levels and it takes a bit of practice so expect some losses in the beginning, ...you'll note though that you can take some pretty big cuts if you clone this way.

peace, bozo

Top Bottom