Water Curing?

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

I'm having a bit of a mare hanging and curing my smoke - it's too warm and not humid enough, and my plants are drying out in 4 days (brittle stems and all...too fast).

Spoke to a few ppl at the 420 who all pretty much agreed that putting an aircon in and separate humidifier is either stupid, or counterproductive...

So, how about water curing? It looks scary as heck, but I'm told it can give wicked results. Anyone tried it? Or water cures regularly?

B

bigbag

water curing works well for moldy buds.the water rinses the spores away making it smokable

F

FastForward

water curing works well for moldy buds.the water rinses the spores away making it smokable

Wow...I wish I'd known that a couple of months ago when I was being raped by the pm! I turned all mine into oil.

U

ukcheesehead

ive seen a thread on water curing on a old site i used to use . a dude tryed to cure 4oz but it went wrong lol and he fooked it all up . ill stick too drying on my racks .

F

FastForward

ive seen a thread on water curing on a old site i used to use . a dude tryed to cure 4oz but it went wrong lol and he fooked it all up . ill stick too drying on my racks .

Yeah, that's why I haven't tried it yet - but when I do it'll be with a few buds not a whole plant or two!!! :)

I want someone to say "yeah, water curing is the bollocks....I don't do anything else anymore and my buds taste awesome....here's how I do it..."....but if there's lots of people saying "I wasted x amount of pucker weed trying out water curing" then I won't bother...

Greyskull

Greyskull

i haven't water cured anything myself, but a friend tried it becasue some heads on the internet said it makes the buds better & stronger...

TASTED LIKE WHAT I IMAGINE ASS TASTES LIKE

was strong, yeah. enjoyable, no. would i ever ask to smoke water cured buds again - no. did i feel the buds got "ruined" - yes. smelled different, too.... gross

you might like it though.... never know.....

B

boxmunch9

i did it last harvest with a plant that's feeder got knocked off so it basically died on the vein a week before harvest. I figured it would wash out was wasnt flushed. I did 2 probably 1oz batches, I must say the first batch came out incredible but the second batch turned really dark and tasted like shit. it think the second batch didnt dry proper its not somthing that i would do on a large scale but the bud tasted crazy smooth. I key is to keep the water and bud in the fridge and change the water everyday for about 4-5days.

T

thc4sim

Yea i remember chatting with ya about this FF,
good to meet & speak with you mate!!

ill keep my eye on this, i would like to try a bit just too see..
from what ive seen in the past, tight tight nugs,
dont know how it smoke's tho', im sure some members have try'd this before

Greyskull

Greyskull

LMAO....Are you saying I like the taste of ass? huh? well, are ya, punk? :)

Ok, so that's Water Curing 0, Rest of the Farm 2....

he he....
i hope the hell not! I did leave room for you to like it though, hence the "might" part.... :surprised

everyone gets high differenlty though.... and maybe my friend did it wrong..... he used TK's method on iC though....

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
DONT DO IT!!!!

Imagine putting your buds in the washing machine, then drying them out - real fast at first as the water content is really high, then smoke. Tastes like weed that has been in the wash.

I tried this a few years back. Submerging the bud in water and replacing (carefully) daily for 7 days. Then have to dry the bud fast initially (radiator) as it is so so wet. Once dry the smoke is really really smooth. Absolutly devoid of taste, well kinda tasted like water. And no smell.

Really quite a horrible experiance and waste of bud, ime & imo.

Kuntjoose

Kuntjoose

i attempted water curing once. it was only with about a 1/4 oz. i changed the water out every day for 5 days. i was very unhappy with the results. tasted like crap! Tho it was quite smooth. If i ever attempt it again i will do 2 things different. 1. USE THE PUREST WATER AVAILABLE(instead of tap like i used). 2. START WITH DRIED BUDS. Everything that i have read on water curing eventually suggests this. I also read somwhere that "water curing" if u can call this that, was practiced on a large scale when during harvest the whole plants were thrown in ditches and then the ditches were flooded and the plants were allowed to "cure"; sounds pretty ify to me. If any1 wishes to try, here are the instructions as i know them.

Step 1. Place plant material in a sealable glass jar(whole dried buds produce best results)

Step 2. Fill jar with pure water(distilled or ro i guess) enough to cover the material. its best to prevent the material from coming into contact with air while inside the jar.(improvise! i use a plastic tea strainer to hold the material under the water)

Step 3. Drain and replace the water in the jar when it becomes murky. Or every 12-24hrs.

NOTES- Remember to fight the urge to pat dry the material when changing the water as it will damage the final product.
Keep ur jar as cold as possible and out of the light. Refridgerators work well.
DO NOT stuff ur jar full of material it is counter productive and creates an environment for nasty bacteria.
Looking at the buds sumerged in the jar is sublime. They look fantastic. Magnified. Vibrant. Definantly 1 thing to look forward 2.

S

shepj

water curing is sick. I did it with some really really dank piney buds. They burned almost odorless but turned into a 1 hit k.o.

EDIT: the buds turned out to be pretty damn smooth.

I hear a lot of ppl complain that it removed taste and odor.. sorry to say, but that is partially the point with it, no? I mean, I dont like in a pot friendly area, but if I can load up water cured weed and smoke it in town and no one knows.. I'm psyched!

It removes up to ~25% of the weight, leaving a much higher THC/Vol ratio.

Another EDIT:

"Keep ur jar as cold as possible and out of the light. Refridgerators work well."

Most chemicals and nasty unwanted things actually have a higher solubility in water when the temperature of water is higher. Is there a reason you're saying to use cold water?

J

jdubz206

i agree with everything that's been said. water curing is horrible imo. my buddy did it with a batch of og cause he swore how good it was going to be...i love the flavor of og and it turned og into the worst tasting bud ever..the smell and taste reminded me of what it be like to load a bowl of hair and smoke it..

making oil would be fine it just won't have as much flavor as it would've if it had been cured the regular way.

K

kill-9

well did it smell any different? If there is less smell then I can see how some people could like that.

purpleberry

purpleberry

If your buds are drying out to fast try using a papper bag. I sucked at curing buds til i started using bags. Ill cut the buds down to less than 8" and bag them when the out side is dry even though the stems dont crack, this will slow down the drying.

F

FastForward

Cheers for that purple....good idea....many thanks...will give it a spin....

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Dude, I think you should go for the assy, tasteless weed...

C

coldnorth

ff, you should check out a topic dj wrote on curing in paper bags, realy usefull info and its here on the site somewhere. planing on giving it a shot aswell :)

Top Bottom