Water level/Water Temp/ Nutrients

• Thread starter Topwhop63
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Topwhop63

Topwhop63

Hi everyone. First time grower. I got some help on the intro forms which referred me to the Aqua Man root rot post since I have some issues to overcome. I think I have a heat issue which is promoting fungi growth. So now using enzymes and hydroguard help is improve the systems. Currently running a DWC in 5 gallon buckets. Right now I am only filling up 6 liters of the bucket as the guys at the hydro shop recommended that. In Aqua Man’s post he runs 1 inch below the net pot. My question is would we use much more nutrients in running with water levels so high? Or can we change the reservoir less frequently due to the amount we put in?
Also, heat question. Guy at the shop recommended freezing soda bottles filled with water to drop in the buckets to help keep water temps down and switch them daily. I shouldn’t have an issue with the water temp with running hydroguard right?

One thing I wasn’t sure about with the reservoir following Aqua Mans guide is, do I wait to add nutrients for a few days and let’s the enzymes break down the roots and feed the plant that way?

dbrzz

dbrzz

Hi everyone. First time grower. I got some help on the intro forms which referred me to the Aqua Man root rot post since I have some issues to overcome. I think I have a heat issue which is promoting fungi growth. So now using enzymes and hydroguard help is improve the systems. Currently running a DWC in 5 gallon buckets. Right now I am only filling up 6 liters of the bucket as the guys at the hydro shop recommended that. In Aqua Man’s post he runs 1 inch below the net pot. My question is would we use much more nutrients in running with water levels so high? Or can we change the reservoir less frequently due to the amount we put in?
Also, heat question. Guy at the shop recommended freezing soda bottles filled with water to drop in the buckets to help keep water temps down and switch them daily. I shouldn’t have an issue with the water temp with running hydroguard right?

One thing I wasn’t sure about with the reservoir following Aqua Mans guide is, do I wait to add nutrients for a few days and let’s the enzymes break down the roots and feed the plant that way?
I have had great success in DWC by filling your bucket to an inch below your basket. Simply, if your in a 5 gallon bucket know the solution quantity of your bucket at the max fill line. Daily add pure PH6.0 water to top off your bucket back to the maxfill line.
So lets say 3 gal is your nutrient solution amount with the level 1 inch below your basket. As the plant consumes the nutrient solution, top off the bucket back to the max fill line(1 inch below basket) with ph water. When your top off added water used = 3 gallons or the bucket max quantity of start point solution amount, drain your bucket and refill with your nutrient mixed at the strength in your feeding schedule. I never encounter lockouts or nute burn using this method. If you top up with nutrient solution your bucket can get lockouts more easily from salt build up.
Get your buckets on foam board to insulate them from your floor to improve temperature control. Bucket solution must never exceed 80F. 70F is good. 60F better!
Good luck!!
P.S. adding bio is great and effective, however IMHO, new growers seem to overthink growing pot, wasting money at the growstore. Simply learn basic plant care and feeding requirements for your chosen strain and grow the plant. Once you have some hands on grow knowledge, you can tweek your method to improve your production. Dont complicate the grow process by introducing factors which you have not mastered, which only cause confusion addressing grow issues later on. How can you correct a problem simply, when you have complicated things with added extras of your choosing hoping for great outcomes. I like bio and myco bacteria and enzymes in my mix, but if used improperly you just waste money and dont get the benefits of the product.
KISS- Keep it simple stupid- Army acronym for overthinking newly learned skills

Latest posts

Top Bottom