water pump tea brewer

• Thread starter OGkushistein
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGkushistein

OGkushistein

well guys after digging through my shed and finding the old air pumps i come to find out they don't work ... anyone way to make a recirculating system to brew cap's bennie's or will it clog the pump?

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

My brother did it with a smaller ecoplus but he wasn't using any solids IRC

OGkushistein

OGkushistein

I wasn't aware that all it took was some punk ass kiddie pump thank you @nightmarecreature and @aSilvrHaze .. so much for customer service ...

N

nightmarecreature

Cap told me a 4 hour brew is all that is needed.

I have 10 years of amatuer mycology work. I've had spores easily viable after 5 years in the fridge. Caps packs should last about 1 1/2 years at room temp but in the fridge 5 years.

Cap was dealing with funeral issues. He's been super busy. Im sure he's busy catching up on his business.

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I've used a inline pump before. I believe it worked great, but I did use a large air pump also. Make sure and put the pump on a recycle timer. I set mine on 2 min off 30.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
well guys after digging through my shed and finding the old air pumps i come to find out they don't work ... anyone way to make a recirculating system to brew cap's bennie's or will it clog the pump?
What kind of recirc pump? is my first question. In my experience using impeller-driven pumps the impeller shreds microbes when they're passed through it repeatedly. A diaphragm pump is the ticket here.

OGkushistein

OGkushistein

I'm not to sure they are hand me down's teel sump pump's ..They are used to clear the water out of a decent sized above ground pool at the end of the summer ... I purchased a air pump but now my interest is focused on using these pumps to build a undercurrent system

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Most sump pumps I'm familiar with use an impeller drive, they're not diaphragm pumps. I think if you go that route and recirculate using those pumps you'll end up shredding your 'crobes. Of course, I could be wrong. Microbeman has scoped teas after a single or few passes through an impeller and says he didn't see diminished life or activity, but my aquatic experience dictates that repeated, recirculating passes through impellers will kill 'crobes such as plankton.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's an impeller and it will shred microbes. Diaphragm pump is what you want.

QLTYlab

QLTYlab

Not sure how large a brewer you need but Dewey Misters work well for brewing.

Top Bottom