Water quality report and chloramine/chlorine

• Thread starter NrthTaylor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out the water quality of my area. I've talked with my city and they've stated that our water is NOT treated at all, it's all natural ground water that has only been filtered to be in compliance with manganese restrictions.

Does this mean that I don't need to let my water sit for 24 hours pre-feed? My tap water comes out at 50ppm and around 7.8 pH

Thank you

Anthem

Anthem

Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out the water quality of my area. I've talked with my city and they've stated that our water is NOT treated at all, it's all natural ground water that has only been filtered to be in compliance with manganese restrictions.

Does this mean that I don't need to let my water sit for 24 hours pre-feed? My tap water comes out at 50ppm and around 7.8 pH

Thank you
If you are in a large metropolitan area the water company will typically post a water quality report. The water company is not typically tied to the city in my experience but everywhere things are different. I would assume that they are still adding Chlorine to the water for health purposes but again you should be able to get your water quality report from your water company. If you take a look at your water bill it should state a website.

NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

If you are in a large metropolitan area the water company will typically post a water quality report. The water company is not typically tied to the city in my experience but everywhere things are different. I would assume that they are still adding Chlorine to the water for health purposes but again you should be able to get your water quality report from your water company. If you take a look at your water bill it should state a website.
I'm in a small community of under 20k in Northern Canada. When I called the city they told me that they're one of the last cities in my province that isn't treating their water. I honestly think the city handles the water here.

NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

On the annual report for my subdivision I only see mineral concentrations and according to the report don't add up to even 1ppm total. However my tap water is coming out at 50ppm. Where are the remaining ppm coming from? That or my mg/l 1:1 ppm conversion is incorrect. I've posted a picture of the report for my area

Screenshot 20210707 111551 OneDrive
Top Bottom