Watered plants and still droopy

• Thread starter Wtfplants
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

I've never tried 16-8, what benefits have you seen or what problems has this solved?
The plants can handle stronger light for one thing; and the extra 2 hrs dark give the roots more time to do their dark thing. Some plants will also grow thicker stems with shorter inter nodes.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
The plants can handle stronger light for one thing; and the extra 2 hrs dark give the roots more time to do their dark thing. Some plants will also grow thicker stems with shorter inter nodes.
I might try this for my mothers. Sounds like desirable traits for mother plants. Thanks!

growsince79

growsince79

I might try this for my mothers. Sounds like desirable traits for mother plants. Thanks!
Funny you said that. I started doing 16-8 after reading an artical in Sinsemilla Tips magazine(40 years ago) titled "mother plant method" or something like that. Clones from the mother veg for 1-2 weeks then flower in a sea of green. 64 clones in a 4 x 4 can make 3lbs every 60 days.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Funny you said that. I started doing 16-8 after reading an artical in Sinsemilla Tips magazine(40 years ago) titled "mother plant method" or something like that. Clones from the mother veg for 1-2 weeks then flower in a sea of green. 64 clones in a 4 x 4 can make 3lbs every 60 days.
I've got a lanky C99 mother i'd like to take clones from and see if I can grow a more manageable mom. Thicker stems and tighter growth would be awesome!

growsince79

growsince79

I've got a lanky C99 mother i'd like to take clones from and see if I can grow a more manageable mom. Thicker stems and tighter growth would be awesome!
What kind of light for the mothers? 6500k might help keep her short.

W

Wtfplants

So should I turn it to a 100% and raise it a bit?

growsince79

growsince79

The higher the light, the more even the distribution.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I've been thinking of setting up some T5's in my mother tent since the COBs are dimmed pretty low to keep growth slow. A bit of a waste of lighting though.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Doesn't sound good for short plants. MH or 6500k florescent should help.
Yea, you're right. I'll probably rethink my mother tent strategy and probably go for the florescent strips as i really dont need anything intense. MH gets pretty hot and wouldnt be conducive to hot summers when I'm not flowering and just maintaining a few mothers. I'd rather not have to cool the area. LEDs have been great in this regard!

growsince79

growsince79

Yea, you're right. I'll probably rethink my mother tent strategy and probably go for the florescent strips as i really dont need anything intense. MH gets pretty hot and wouldnt be conducive to hot summers when I'm not flowering and just maintaining a few mothers. I'd rather not have to cool the area. LEDs have been great in this regard!
Some of the old blurple leds can keep short mothers without too much heat.

W

Wtfplants

wet/dry cycle.,
notice how the leaf stem and leaf look more stiff than limp, that means she’s full of water, must of been wet before transplant and than you watered after transplant..
they’ll be fine just don’t water for a bit..
Yeah but I thought when the stems start to bend that means they need water no?

Top Bottom