Waterfall.

• Thread starter Neverfold420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Neverfold420

Is it possible to use a submersible pump in your head bucket to run your waterfall?

N

Neverfold420

The bucket at the front of the line. I want to out a pump in this bucket and run pvc out t- ing off to each bucket dumping water in each site.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The bucket at the front of the line. I want to out a pump in this bucket and run pvc out t- ing off to each bucket dumping water in each site.
Yeah but it may raise the water temp a tiny bit and wouldn't be my first choice. Personally I would use a bulkhead fitting and run an inline pump externally.

N

Neverfold420

I'm doing rdwc with the inline to circulate through chiller in to main bucket. I'm adding waterfall

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If I'm understanding correctly I'm thinking you want to increase o2 levels. But tbh this likely won't. Max o2 levels are generally dictated by water temp. In RDWC we aim to keep o2 replenished. More systems already adequately replenish O2. If you have air stone already running then there is no need or benefit to adding a waterfall unless you are incorporating a trickle filter or something. Gas exchange happens at the surface and when you are creating adequate gas exchange adding more will not force higher levels of o2.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That's not to say that waterfalls don't have their benefits. If you were looking to get rid of airstones and switch to waterfalls that would make sense

Top Bottom