Watering plants when away on vacation?

• Thread starter Juggernut23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Juggernut23

Juggernut23

Hey everyone. I’ll be away from Saturday-Wednesday. Got some 1 month old seedlings veging in my closet. They usually need water every other day (sometimes every couple days). Is there a huge risk of not watering for 4 days when it’s needed? If so, any methods that gave worked for you guys? I Wouldn’t mind spending a few extra bucks. Thanks.

Watering plants when away on vacation
CF89

CF89

My plants are 8 weeks into veg and I let mine go 4 days without water. They were quite dry and significantly drooping... but nothing 24 hours and some water didn’t take care of. I’d think these little guys can go 3-4 days

BigCube

BigCube

Bigger pots. Looks like they are in small pots right now and that you will be transplanting them in to bigger pots later.

Put them in bigger pots and water them JUST before you walk out the door. Should make it 3 or 4 days.

Juggernut23

Juggernut23

Bigger pots. Looks like they are in small pots right now and that you will be transplanting them in to bigger pots later.

Put them in bigger pots and water them JUST before you walk out the door. Should make it 3 or 4 days.
They are due for a transplant soon anyways. awesome, thanks

growsince79

growsince79

+1

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You could also turn a light off or increase humidity so your VPD drops and they’ll retain their moisture longer.

But repotting and watering just before you leave is a solid plan in this situation.

I have used automatic watering systems in the past when gone for a week or longer. That seemed to keep them well hydrated while I was away. Paid about $50 for one on amazon years ago.

Top Bottom