Watering Worries

• Thread starter Snowman420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Snowman420

Hey guys, I’ve got one nice big girl in a 16L pot, filled with coco and perlite, about 85%coco 15%perlite. She gets like 3L of water ever second day, so water, skip a day, water. If I don’t water it by like midday on the second water day, it will really show it, leaves droop right down causing it to almost topple over. But i feel it’s still to damp to water everyday. It’s in week 6 flower, and I suspect a bigger pot would’ve been the go, but obviously to late for that. I’ve seen a lot of people saying they water they’re coco everyday and shit, but fuck if it’s still damp and I can take a bit of coco squeeze it and a tiny drop comes out, Like 3cm from the surface, I can only imagine it’s wetter further down. Don’t really know where I’m going with this but any advice guys? She doesn’t seem to be suffering from it, has a bit of what I suspect to be nutrient burn/def, but that’s no worries, I’m still dialing it in with this strain.

Nugg

Nugg

I grow rcdwc,but my dad grows in same mix as you..he waters 4 times a day...he goes off his run off..

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

coco is impossible,when i grew with it,i would figure out how much nutes they were comfortable with and split that down to a twice a day feeding,2 meals for the price of one if you dig,coco has not a thing to provide for the plant but air pretty much,its all you for nutrition,it might seem wet but not really considering you have nothing but air for your pots,that drooping isnt from moisture its a lack of nutes,cant blame on pot size,ive flowered out a solo cup run in coco and perlite,even know folks that grow in straight perlite,i was feeding them 4 times a day in the cups and they always seem wet,let it go for a day and same thing a limp lady come morning,try the feed suggestion i mention see if it helps,if your feeding 750 ppm ,do so just dilute it to feed as many times a day but hold the ppm over all,hope it helps

xavier7995

xavier7995

As they say, dont let it dry out. You arent really getting the full benefits by watering every other day. Its fine to water if still wet. Next run try out smaller containers, i like around a gallon, so 2 liters or so i guess.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Water everyday. Coco is supposed to stay wet. That’s the only negative about coco, I am constantly watering. I want to set up some sort of drip irrigation that connects to a larger reservoir. That way I only have to mix nutrients every 3 days instead of daily. I’ll find a way to make it happen :)

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Water everyday. Coco is supposed to stay wet. That’s the only negative about coco, I am constantly watering. I want to set up some sort of drip irrigation that connects to a larger reservoir. That way I only have to mix nutrients every 3 days instead of daily. I’ll find a way to make it happen :)
They have 1 minute interval timers. Hook it to a foumtain pump from harbor freight.

S

Snowman420

Okay thanks guys, I’m running all organic nutrients, so I can’t really mix up more than I need at the time, if I mix it up in the morning, by night it is noticabley more of a milky colour, by the next morning it will have chunks/a skin forming on the top, so mixing up more than I need isn’t really an option. And that makes sense about it dropping because of lack of nutrients, if that were the case, I feel like a smaller pot would only exacerbate the problem. I grow deece sized, like around a metre I guess, and it seems to fill the pots out nicely. At the end of my last grow I took the root mass out of the pot to give it a sus, and there were small clusters of mould on the sides of th root ball, they were the plants I watered everyday, and I figured it was from constantly being wet and not getting even a small chance to dry out, I don’t know, just thinking aloud really, cheers guys!

S

Snowman420

Also, my last run, I did have some in 5L pots, they were getting watered everyday, didn’t really have any problems, but they were like 1/2 the size of the girls in 15L and really stalled around week 6, I suspect due to it being rootbound.
Also, although that nutrient explanation makes sense in a way, wouldn’t it show signs of deficiencies, not under watering? I mean I could feed them straight water and they don’t droop, so I don’t think lack of nutrients is a problem. The problem is more or less, it’s staying wet for “ages” then once it starts to dry up, it seems to just go all at once. It’s more of a timing issue than anything, if I was able to sit around all day and water as soon as it starts drying, I feel like there wouldn’t be an issue.

E

Elevated

Root bound or close to sounds like. Coco needs contant up keep in this phase. Silica or yucca can actually really help at this point beside keeping wet. Yucca can make water wetter essentially. Silica can strengthen to drying out, build tissues and increase bud mass. I use them all organics and have amazing results. Also, adding algae and soluble kelp is incredible. I myself like coco 70% and coco chips 30% instead of perlite. Rio Coco has open top bags already filled with that ratio of, in my opinion, best coco you can find. I use the 2 gallons indoor and 5 gallons in greenhouses.

3 balls

3 balls

Root bound or close to sounds like. Coco needs contant up keep in this phase. Silica or yucca can actually really help at this point beside keeping wet. Yucca can make water wetter essentially. Silica can strengthen to drying out, build tissues and increase bud mass. I use them all organics and have amazing results. Also, adding algae and soluble kelp is incredible. I myself like coco 70% and coco chips 30% instead of perlite. Rio Coco has open top bags already filled with that ratio of, in my opinion, best coco you can find. I use the 2 gallons indoor and 5 gallons in greenhouses.
Do you get paid by the post to mention Rio Coco?

E

Elevated

Hell no. I have used every coco on the market and it's the best. I like coir and chip blend. There's alot of schwag coco. Super salty, high EC, bugs and diff which turns to sludge. This make growers job harder so I am just trying to help with over 15 year experience growing commercially. Dont knock it till you try it. Its astonishing how many people talk about Canna and no one hates. I mention Rio Coco and people tripping. Dont hate, motivate!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I use Promix/manure, which is pretty close to coco. I know I will be shot, urinated upn, and damned to neem oil hell, but when my bigger girls, especially Sativa dominant, start showing the 2nd day droop, I put a small catch pan under the plant and cut the nutes back. The plant might stand in the water, so keep it just wet enough to have a little standing water after your daily (or bi-daily?) watering. Since there isn't runoff, the nutes are more concentrated (the reason for cutting back on the nutes) and the extra water left over from day 1 will get soaked back up by the coco/roots. I use 6 gallon buckets and give 1 to 1.5 gal/day, depending on strain and plant's preferences.
I know a LOT of folks are grinding their teeth at the thoughts of standing water and un-measured nutes, but it works. For Me.

3 balls

3 balls

Hell no. I have used every coco on the market and it's the best. I like coir and chip blend. There's alot of schwag coco. Super salty, high EC, bugs and diff which turns to sludge. This make growers job harder so I am just trying to help with over 15 year experience growing commercially. Dont knock it till you try it. Its astonishing how many people talk about Canna and no one hates. I mention Rio Coco and people tripping. Dont hate, motivate!
Doesn't bother me, I just thought it was interesting that last night you replied to 4 threads. In each you suggested using Rio Coco, Plant Therapy or Primordial Solutions, all products that can be found at Weed Farm Supply (your avatar). ;););)

E

Elevated

That's a great idea 3 balls, I am getting in trouble now, hoping not to get banished... they want me to kill my avatar

3 balls

3 balls

Maybe you could just pay a small fee to advertise here? I cant think of a better audience.

Top Bottom