Watter but imfo

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

I have a wetter but filed with my feed like 40 litres, and a pump that once a day feeds my plants in coco, the run off is dumped to east.

My questions is my water butt with water and nutrients in, I have a air stone
But I was thinking would a water pump dumper at the bottom to swish the water solution around to keep it mixed be any benefit ?

I use to use auto pots and the water butt only had a air stone in it and all seemed well, but now my new system rhizo system with coco I'm worried I might get problem's by the solution not being mixed about, I mean the solution stands still and just a air stone will the nutrients in the water sink and settle at bottom affecting my nutrients mix, or once the nutrients ate mixed with water this don't happen?

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

The airstone keeps the water moving a bit but the most genuis solution I seen to this problem is having a waterpump in the bottom, and connect a pvc pipe to the pump going straight up and above the water creating like a fountain. The pump will take the water from the bottom and shoot it up, and when the water lands on the surface it creates airbubbles aswell that oxygynate the water. In this case you can skip the airstone completly. Hope What I said makes any sense

Ph 007

Ph 007

Nice I like this idea, also saving electric by not running 2

Thanks I shall be doing this

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Exactly. The only downside I can think of is the sound if you have close neighbours in apartment, will be like a small fountain

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Do your nutes separate? You running a live system? Stuff like airstones and pumps running in the rez can have a neg effect. Airstones will mess with you PH and pumps can heat the solution along with pulling Fe out of the solution (mag drive pumps). You are getting plenty of o2 when you water them. Ebb and DTW rez's I never run anything in the rez. I also only use nutes that fully dissolve and stay away from organic inputs. If I'm using organic inputs I only mix enough for 24hrs and don't run a rez.

Stuff like DWC ect usually dont have a problem with this cause of add backs, fresh nutes, and constant eating along with chillers most of the time

Ph 007

Ph 007

Do your nutes separate? You running a live system? Stuff like airstones and pumps running in the rez can have a neg effect. Airstones will mess with you PH and pumps can heat the solution along with pulling Fe out of the solution (mag drive pumps). You are getting plenty of o2 when you water them. Ebb and DTW rez's I never run anything in the rez. I also only use nutes that fully dissolve and stay away from organic inputs. If I'm using organic inputs I only mix enough for 24hrs and don't run a rez.

Stuff like DWC ect usually dont have a problem with this cause of add backs, fresh nutes, and constant eating along with chillers most of the time
I use canna coco nutrients,,
InuE to use auto pots with just a air stone in the water butt, pH would rise slightly sometimes not much tho.

The pump would be magnetically,
I'm confused now lol, I might just use a air stone maybe less hewf tyab a pump who knows, I will just keep eye on temps, iv not set it up yet I'm just hand freeing using rhizi stands for thebrub off to wasst theb, but I wont to set up auto feed, even ifni don't use it yet I'll have it ready to go.so.if I ever need go somewhere I vab turn auto.on and not worried :)

Ph 007

Ph 007

Also cab you help with these
Iv been watering every 3-4 days to run off , now theu fully rooted to your think eqteribg every day to run off be good or worst? Growth seems just a tad slow at moment with watering every 3-4 days,,
As yiy remember cemchris I was having bad time switching to coco lol OK now almost. My last lot I waterd everyday ingot root rot so in transplanted them into soil.all.good now, but worried these new one will get root rot with daily waterings, they are rooted nice unlike mynlast lot
What your think? Eater every day or not?
IMG 20191208 142815
IMG 20191208 142823
IMG 20191208 142827
IMG 20191208 142837

Latest posts

Top Bottom