Ways to hang led close to ceiling of tent?

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Hey guys new grower here and I got my girlfriend a 2x2x4 tent and led to go with it. I need innovative ways to hang this led close to the ceiling of the tent to maximize the available grow space. Video below to show you what I’m working with. Help a fellow farmer out! Bonus footage of my grow at the end... 🙏🙌🙏

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey guys new grower here and I got my girlfriend a 2x2x4 tent and led to go with it. I need innovative ways to hang this led close to the ceiling of the tent to maximize the available grow space. Video below to show you what I’m working with. Help a fellow farmer out! Bonus footage of my grow at the end... 🙏🙌🙏
A few ways.

Take the cable off the upper hook and connect to the same hook on the light. This will make a loop. Do that to all 4 then connect the loops to the hanging clip. Will shorten them by half.

To get even more cut 4 equal pieces of something like pvc or pipe thats rigid. Slide the cable through then back to the bottom and through again. As many times as you like to get the desired height.

Prob the best is just go buy 4 ratchet straps and connect them to the light... that way you can go as high as you like.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
In my tent, I've got it attached to the cross supports in the rack itself, (I also have them secured to the rack itself) with 2 of those ratchet ties. I've got my UV T5 strapped to the back side.

If I do it out of the tent, I use 1/4 inch hook hanger into the studs. Whatever you do, make sure it's SOLID, and secure, also 2 holds are better than one. Protect your investment. I suspect my units are a bit heavier than yours, but the same principles apply.

IMG 20210430 222507672
IMG 20210430 222546152
IMG 20210430 222553366
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
A few ways.

Take the cable off the upper hook and connect to the same hook on the light. This will make a loop. Do that to all 4 then connect the loops to the hanging clip. Will shorten them by half.

To get even more cut 4 equal pieces of something like pvc or pipe thats rigid. Slide the cable through then back to the bottom and through again. As many times as you like to get the desired height.

Prob the best is just go buy 4 ratchet straps and connect them to the light... that way you can go as high as you like.
I agree, the 4 ratchet straps are far better than any other method, and they don't cost all that much. (compared to the lights) About $3.50 each, if I'm not mistaken, and maybe $2 for a good hook at the hardware store.

and if it falls, it going to SMASH THE FUCKING PLANT. 😜🤪 GAME OVER! Because you will have a broken light, and a broken plant, and my guess, is that the wife will not be amused OR impressed.

Last edited:
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I agree, the 4 ratchet straps are far better than any other method, and they don't cost all that much. (compared to the lights) About $3.50 each, if I'm not mistaken, and maybe $2 for a good hook at the hardware store.

and if it falls, it going to SMASH THE FUCKING PLANT. 😜🤪 GAME OVER!
[/QUOTE
🤯🤔 ya i don’t want that to happen after all that work. Looked like it could’ve been a lot worse but no one wants to take that chance. Ya this unit isn’t big at all it’s for a little 2x2

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
That stuff all looks like decent design you've got there, just make sure your plugging it into a solid made frame, (some things need a bit more stability built into it.) if the the above cross lats aren't secured, secure them with wire or zip ties, the more, the better, up to a point. I think you've got the right idea.

But I wouldn't put all the weight on something of Chinese design, I would spread it out, if possible. Even those little wire clips on that light can spread apart over time, and easily become disconnected. I've personally witnessed it happen. Keep the inside of that dog clean, and disassemble the light (if there are any fan intakes) and clean it out at minimum once yearly, (unplug before spraying cleaning) twice is better. If it's made of all passive heatsync, keep the tops clean, and dust free, even that powersupply, especially.

Keep air movement on it, and vent the hot air out the top if possible, and pulling, IMO, is better than pushing air. But others here might know better than I.

Last edited:
airedog

airedog

Supporter
2" carabiners through mounting points on LED and around tent pole. If mounting holes are too narrow for the biners put in split rings for biner attachment points. I dead hung my LEDs to the ceiling this way.

20210124 144958

Top Bottom