Ways To Make Edibles

• Thread starter Kricia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kricia

This is my first year growing and I will be harvesting soon. I was wondering about making butter and other types of edibles. What is the easiest way to make the butter? Are there any other items I can make that are pretty easy? This will be my first attempt, so nothing extravagant please. Lol

Strangeone

Strangeone

This is my first year growing and I will be harvesting soon. I was wondering about making butter and other types of edibles. What is the easiest way to make the butter? Are there any other items I can make that are pretty easy? This will be my first attempt, so nothing extravagant please. Lol
To make butter just boil a big pot of water add 1 lb of butter to 1lb of Leif, boil it for about 12 hours keep adding water as it steams away, when its time put it in the fridge for about an hour or so, then scrape the green butter off the top..hope this helps.

Strangeone

Strangeone

To make butter just boil a big pot of water add 1 lb of butter to 1lb of Leif, boil it for about 12 hours keep adding water as it steams away, when its time put it in the fridge for about an hour or so, then scrape the green butter off the top..hope this helps.
You could probably boil it for about 8 hours and it would be good enough, I over do everything..lol

H

HankHill

1. You don't want a boil.
2. You forgot about decarbing.
3. You don't want a pound to pound ratio. Lol you want about an oz of bud to the pound of butter.
4. You only need to simmer butter and bud for 90 minutes. Not half a day or 8 hours.

fatawa

fatawa

ha.mus b dirt weed we r talking bout here

King Julien

King Julien

He does use the term "Leif". Maybe he meant leaf in which case he's not too far off if it's just plain leaf with no sugar on them. I cook up large batches of just vegging leaves and stems with lots of water and only a bit of butter and make decent edibles with it. Just gotta decarb the butter after you've pulled it off the water or it's all a waste. It also does take 8+ hours but that's to break down all the plant matter and get all the good stuff out of the intracellular material in the leaves. Not required at all with decent product with the good stuff all on the outside.

And if you want easy just put cured weed in butter at a low temp for a while then decarb at a higher temp once it's infused. It won't be great, you'll likely lose some from over or under decarbing, but boy is it easy. Don't even have to strain out the weed.

Firecrackers are the easiest but by far the most wasteful and hard to dose effectively. I'll spare details cause google exists and this method sucks but it's basically weed broken up on peanut butter and baked. No good.

But if you want the best % of your hard earned product turned into medicine then a water/butter extraction after a proper decarb is your best bet. I wouldn't call it hard, just time consuming.

fatawa

fatawa

He does use the term "Leif". Maybe he meant leaf in which case he's not too far off if it's just plain leaf with no sugar on them.
mayb yur not quiet sure on cooking...if it dnt hav trichs on it,it aint shit..that is the thc.thc dnt grow on fan leaves unless coated n trichs.so if u want some chrolyphil leaves then yes boil 900 lbs per 1lb of butter.if u want to get serious on edibles then do as hankhill said..n im a commercial grower also so every last drop of income is important..but not if it isnt quality...i wont stamp my name on shit thats mediocre...

King Julien

King Julien

mayb yur not quiet sure on cooking...if it dnt hav trichs on it,it aint shit..that is the thc.thc dnt grow on fan leaves unless coated n trichs.so if u want some chrolyphil leaves then yes boil 900 lbs per 1lb of butter.if u want to get serious on edibles then do as hankhill said..n im a commercial grower also so every last drop of income is important..but not if it isnt quality...i wont stamp my name on shit thats mediocre...

I agree it's not great, but I'm not a commercial grower. I don't have a % of overhead I HAVE to meet with a certain % of production to make my business profitable because I'm not running a business. It would never be profitable to try to make crappy edibles from fan leaves on the commercial scale.

But when I have plants, no bud yet, the stuff costs 120 bucks a quarter around here for third shelf crap, and I need some medicine then fan leaves are worth cooking down for me. It is rough compared to, well, any other kind of edible. It also does the job if you put in the time and have enough product and space to handle it all.

Also, there is intracellular THC and CBD and CBN. It just takes forever to extract and there's very little of it. There are also multiple types of trichs. The smallest variety, and also the least psychoactive containing trichs, are present from the time the plant produces it's first real set of leaves. They are tiny little nodes that look almost like a microscopic point of dew on the leaf. It's why you can handle vegging plants and your hands get all sticky and smelly.

Yet again, very little actives so it takes a TON. Obviously makes for some nasty tasting butter but it does do the job when you've got no other options, have extra veg trim or males lying about, and are waiting on better things to come in the future. Not preferred, just a possibility.

fatawa

fatawa

Theres 3 types.only one is concentrated enough to truly affect u.mayb boiling leaves/stems change yur blood pressure for 10min but they r not high enough levels of thc,cbd,cbn to get u high.dnt believe me send a stem to the lab...it will b less then 1% of each.the levels we all want r only produced n flower for reproducing.to each is own it def wont hurt u tho..the plant is just not mature enough.just like asprin comes from mature willow tree bark,u wont b getting rid of headaches from shaving a willow tree seedling..

King Julien

King Julien

and shes not growing males or vegging.

Never said they were. Simply that it was an option. I was just explaining why I do what I do and it was only brought up trying to explain somebody else's post.

And yet again. I KNOW it's got almost nothing for actives. I also know that if you take pounds of it you can concentrate it enough to get effects out of it. I don't need you to tell me it won't get me high when I'm high on it right now.

Now for some math.

http://mcrlabs.com/resources-post/whats-in-the-stems/

So the crappier stems had .8% THCa. Stems and leaves tend to have the same content at roughly the same age. Let's assume that mine are crappier and only have .5% THCa. So if you're cooking with 20% THCa buds and you use one gram per teaspoon of butter you should get roughly 200 MG of THCa in your butter per teaspoon in a perfect world that's devoid of chemistry or lost product.

So that means to reach the same potency as that clearly good butter with my crappy material I must use 40 grams per teaspoon of butter. So 48 teaspoons to a stick of butter, times 40 grams, equals 1920 grams. Equals 68.571 ounces or 4.285 pounds of stems and leaves at the abnormally low percentage of .5%

So when I take 2 pound of stems and leaves and use 1 stick of butter and cook it all down my butter is roughly half as potent as good weed butter. It just tastes awful.

Even if you consider that those stems came from flowering plants and go with .25% content for leaves and stems from non-flowering plants my butter is still half as potent as the real deal and I've had plenty of people confirm it. I will say it is a sleepier high by far than normal edibles though.

Last edited:
King Julien

King Julien

https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/males-useless-think/

So did some more reading and it appears that male and female hemp specimen found in the wild years ago had between .2% and .4% thca in them just testing the leaves. I'd find it hard to believe that decent cannabis genetics would produce less than that. Seems to go along with what I've experienced.

fatawa

fatawa

Have u ever fit an elbow n a pot/and a pound of butter???the whole claim is ridiculous....i make differnt strengths and 56grams(of dope not bullshit leafs of male plants/vegging plants) is most u can possibly fit to 1lb of butter..the op askd a question and you and other dude spun it n2 something she didnt even ask..start a thread n ramble if u want to.u can call "who wants to make just ok butter not fire"

King Julien

King Julien

You can put as much plant material in a pound of butter as you can fit in water and heat them together. After that it's just about how much medicine the butter can absorb and that's lots.

Sorry for getting slightly off topic and having large stock pots.

Top Bottom