We lost heat for the night HELP

• Thread starter Popdee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Popdee

Popdee

Hello farmers
HELP!!! Lost heat 2 nights ago, 17f outside, 40f inside. My 1 girl was 2 weeks into flowering, in her small closet. All the cola and outside leaves are dead, crumble to the touch.
What should I do? Take off the dead or leave it alone? Never dealt with killing cold before.
3 days difference in photo. HELP.
Popdee

We lost heat for the night help
We lost heat for the night help 2
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well doesn’t look good least get them up off the floor. wrap the pails with blankets.
what about a space heater?
cover them somehow? or a tent? line it with more blankets?
but need more better photos to see if it’s worth it or not

Popdee

Popdee

The heat is back on, about 6 hrs off, 3 days ago. Took 24 hrs before I saw her wilt, another 24 to dry to a crispy, but only fan and outer leaves. Inside still green and pliable (alive).
Should I cut the dead leaves off?
Photos today ,expand to see leaves.
Thanks Popdee

20201227 225718
20201227 225626
Popdee

Popdee

More sad photos.
I'm going to cut the dead off. Can't look at her like this.
Any advice welcomed

20201227 235831
20201227 235812
20201227 235843
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well cutting them all off would just create even more stress, i’d just take a few of the worst off as they turn bad over the coarse of a few days.. are you absolutely sure it was the cold? or coincidence?
she should be ok, i’ve had them live through a frost with couple weeks to go..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
there is a lot of 3 bladed leaves, that’s a sign of stress, she has been through something? a few week ago?

Popdee

Popdee

I haven't cut any yet. Still on 12&12. So I'll see tomorrow. The dead are not helping her. The inner leaves look & feel OK.
Thanks for ur input. I'll know more tomorrow.✌

Popdee

Popdee

As to 3 segmented leaves. This girl is an alien. Look at my earlier post, with "something" gray growing out of white "patches" under each node..
Still don't know what it was, she has been a strange grow. Now this!

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Should be ok, plants can handle low temps for a short period as long as you did not have frost, in future if u lose heat cover your plants to protect them.

Badchoice

Badchoice

Should be ok, plants can handle low temps for a short period as long as you did not have frost, in future if u lose heat cover your plants to protect them.
It’s funny you mention that a old school grower in my area he had a theory on what he did with his crops and are weather. He would try to let them get hit by a good cold day to kindof shock them in defense “mode” so plant naturally pulls everything it can to save the bud sites, it can help ripen and bring the flavors and etc out. The dude was a little out their but his buds were damn good

Latest posts

Top Bottom