Weak stems in hydro; waht do I do?

• Thread starter flybynyt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

flybynyt

I am growing in an Aeroflo2 20 site hydro system. I have 10 Jack Flash, and 10 bubblicious. PH is 5.9, res temp is 67 degrees. I have a 1000 watt HPS, and a 600 watt MH on a 6ft light rail. 46 RH, and 72 room temp. I am using Supernatural nutrients. They plants are 17 day's into 12/12 and are about 3.5ft tall.

My issue is, that although the plants look great, and I see no other problems, the branches seem very weak. I don't mean they fall over and bend, I mean they are hollow ( yes I know they are supposed to be) and snap in two VERY easy. I have grown many strains in this setup and have not had this problem before.

Any help would be appreciated.

flybynyt

F

frankie-smiles

Have you got a fan blowing in there to thicken the stems up? Other than that you could tie em up kinky like.

K

Kilo

use a fan and silicon ;) Liquid Silicon is a soluble form of silica that's added to nutrient solutions to help protect plants against pests and diseases. It strengthens the plants' cell walls, improves nutrient uptake, prevents toxic build-up of nutrients in plant tissue, reduces water loss through transpiration, increases uptake of available CO2 and increases chlorophyll production leading to darker green leaves - all of which contributes to increased yields.

could be the genetics so use the above to assist ;) hope that helps

F

flybynyt

Thank you for the reply's.

I did forget to mention that i have three separate fans blowing on them all the time. As I am growing two different strains I kinda ruled out, that it was strain specific, but then again who knows. I will try the silicone and see what happens. is there a brand that you recommend?

Besides that the plants look, very healthy, and vibrant. they are already showing trichomes at two weeks. This is the first time I have used Supernatural products, but so far I am impressed.

flybynyt

K

Kilo

loads of brands for silicone bro...Id love to see another fellow aeroflo growers pics!

maybe get some nets in place or something for supports aswell...bang a grow thread up

F

flybynyt

I will be getting my new camera Friday, so I will post after then.

For plant support I am using 3# coffee cans filled with sand to stick the bamboo sticks in. Seems to work pretty well. I have 5 on each side with two sticks, to support two plants each. I considered several ideas, but that was the best I could come up with. Especially since I have the light rail above it, I cant really use yo-yo's or anything like that susspeneded from the ceailing.

flybynyt

K

Kilo

i hear ya..ive used the same method...canes in 11ltr pots x 4 (one in each corner) with old coco hehe and then used a pea net across the top of the crop...that was with a light rail aswell

cant wait to see the pics

J

Jalisco Kid

I do not care for AN's products but their barricade works well. Niecol yo-yos work well for supporting branches. Suerte JK

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
use a fan and silicon ;) Liquid Silicon is a soluble form of silica that's added to nutrient solutions to help protect plants against pests and diseases. It strengthens the plants' cell walls, improves nutrient uptake, prevents toxic build-up of nutrients in plant tissue, reduces water loss through transpiration, increases uptake of available CO2 and increases chlorophyll production leading to darker green leaves - all of which contributes to increased yields.

could be the genetics so use the above to assist ;) hope that helps

This post summed it all up. Good info.

F

flybynyt

update:

OK, added Cannazym and waited two days, and removed plant stem and roots. Seems to have worked like a charm. Thanks again for the great advice.

flybynyt

Top Bottom