Weather Station? Soil Moisture Sensors?

• Thread starter coherent
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
coherent

coherent

For those who already own an Ambient Weather station or who are thinking of buying one, I received a email from them this morning that they are now selling Soil Moisture Sensors for their WS-2000 and WS-5000 weather stations. They look interesting and might be a great way to keep an eye on your watering needs. Prob even more so for outdoor growers, but could see the usefulness for indoor grows also. I have had a WS-2000 for a couple years and and it's never had an issue. What is nice is the ability to monitor the sensors via your cell phone. They state an effective wireless range of 300 ft and capable of sending you a email or text message when watering is required. If anyone tries these sensors out, I'd be interesting in hearing how well they work and their usefulness.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I can't tell you anything about that particular moisture sensor, but if you have a large outdoor grow and you won't be visiting your plants the way you would with a small grow, it could be worthwhile.

All my personal growing of anything has been small scale, whether vegetables or reefer, so I've never needed anything like that, myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom