Pete34

Webs and sick plants newbie problems
Webs and sick plants newbie problems 2
Webs and sick plants newbie problems 3
Webs and sick plants newbie problems 4
Webs and sick plants newbie problems 5
Webs and sick plants newbie problems 6
Hi all-

My friend and I have taken over care for some plants starting in week 6.

Since moving them to a new location they have exhibited problems.

Care:
Heavy 16-full line
PH: 6.2 (feeding-not runoff)
Temp: 79
Humidity: 55 (was very low-24% for first couple weeks of obtaining them)
Airflow: plenty
Lighting: plenty

Issues: lack of growth and sickly leaves
Noticed webbing on bottom trays

Pics attached

Any insight would be much appreciated. Thank u ahead of time.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
What kind of soil and fertilizers are you using? Whats your feeding schedule?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Have you tansplanted them? What is your medium?
Webbing on the bottom of the tray is most likely are spider webs. Nothing to worry i think.
Spider mite webs are on the plants as far as i know. Which you don’t have.
Now it looks like rootbound to me as i keep my mother rootbound from time to time to stop the growth. But if you have transplanted them currently, that theory goes to the shitter :)

Last edited:
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Have you tansplanted them? What is your medium?
Webbing on the bottom of the tray is most likely are spider webs. Nothing to worry i think.
Spider mite webs are on the plants as far as i know. Which you don’t have.
Now it looks like rootbound to me as i keep my mother rootbound from time to time to stop the growth. But if you have transplanted them currently, that theory goes to the shitter :)

Was thinking the same thing. Those kinds of spiders usually feed on the insects that want to do damage to your plants. I see some possible overferting going on.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Was thinking the same thing. Those kinds of spiders usually feed on the insects that want to do damage to your plants. I see some possible overferting going on.
I have the same symptoms with rootbound clones and mothers. But it seems he doesn’t want to answer my question :D

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
To me, it looks like two problems. The first was probably too low of humidity initially, which will sometimes cause the browning at the tips and sometimes edges of the leaves. The main problem appears to be either sunburn or fertilizer burn. Are these indoors or out? Using the wrong kind of UV light supplementation can cause burning until the plant develops a "tan" and can tolerate the UV better. Too much UV-C will kill just about anything. Any additional details? A picture of the underside of some of the affected leaves might help. It looks a little like white flies, but they usually have webbing on the underside of the leaves, and their damage doesn't usually show up like that until way into flowering.

Last edited:
P

Pete34

To me, it looks like two problems. The first was probably too low of humidity initially, which will sometimes cause the browning at the tips and sometimes edges of the leaves. The main problem appears to be either sunburn or fertilizer burn. Are these indoors or out? Using the wrong kind of UV light supplementation can cause burning until the plant develops a "tan" and can tolerate the UV better. Too much UV-C will kill just about anything. Any additional details? A picture of the underside of some of the affected leaves might help. It looks a little like white flies, but they usually have webbing on the underside of the leaves, and their damage doesn't usually show up like that until way into flowering.

Awesome-thank you!!

Here are pics of bottom side of leaves.

I’ll find out about the lights. I’m pretty sure they were okay. We brought them from another grow area that had success in the past.

Seems like it’s been whittled down to nutes most likely. Just have never seen that much damage from nutes before.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Awesome-thank you!!

Here are pics of bottom side of leaves.

I’ll find out about the lights. I’m pretty sure they were okay. We brought them from another grow area that had success in the past.

Seems like it’s been whittled down to nutes most likely. Just have never seen that much damage from nutes before.

I'm pretty basic...Pro-Mix/Composted manure 75/25...roughly, 7000K Eye Blue/HPS, 5 gal Loews buckets, tap water, and 24-16-10 general water sol fert.. Feed 1 Tbs/gal every week until flowering, then cut back some on the nitrogen. WAter every day about 1 gal/bucket. Keeps hydrated and flushes out any excess stuff. The manure provides micros and long term stuff...and a deeper color IMO. I concentrate more on training due to space limitations and haven't had problems in decades except for problems of my own making...white flies mostly from either outdoors or contaminated clones. Too much nutrition will burn them quickly. You might try flushing it out a few times. See any tiny white bugs flying around when you ruffle the leaves? They live under the leaves and make a mess out of stuff. The finished product doesn't burn well and can look a little burned sometimes.
For some reason I didn't get the pics.

P

Pete34

I'm pretty basic...Pro-Mix/Composted manure 75/25...roughly, 7000K Eye Blue/HPS, 5 gal Loews buckets, tap water, and 24-16-10 general water sol fert.. Feed 1 Tbs/gal every week until flowering, then cut back some on the nitrogen. WAter every day about 1 gal/bucket. Keeps hydrated and flushes out any excess stuff. The manure provides micros and long term stuff...and a deeper color IMO. I concentrate more on training due to space limitations and haven't had problems in decades except for problems of my own making...white flies mostly from either outdoors or contaminated clones. Too much nutrition will burn them quickly. You might try flushing it out a few times. See any tiny white bugs flying around when you ruffle the leaves? They live under the leaves and make a mess out of stuff. The finished product doesn't burn well and can look a little burned sometimes.
For some reason I didn't get the pics.
Thank u. Perfect.

P

Pete34

A couple people said Cal-Mag deficiencies. Could it be that simple?? Again-pretty new. Haven’t dealt with deficiencies much.

madgrower

madgrower

A couple people said Cal-Mag deficiencies. Could it be that simple?? Again-pretty new. Haven’t dealt with deficiencies much.
I had some do that. As soon as I put them to flower. Struggled all the way through and wrote them off about week 6 I blamed the soil I had them in. Like you I got them ready to flower. Good luck

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I would start over honestly, that plant has multiple things wrong with it and will never ha e a good yeild. For sure not worth paying for power. Just keeping it real man. Happy Growing

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
It’s white fly, I had the same situation with 3 plants, and they were root bound to shit. I chopped them and had to sanitize my grow area. I still get some white flies but under control. It’s near impossible to get rid of those fuckers outdoors

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Jim is on the the point . It’s a white fly infestation, shake the plant and see what flies off.

Top Bottom