Wedding Cake and Gelato 3x3

• Thread starter calle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

calle

Strains​

Wedding Cake (Girl Scout Cookies x Cherry Pie) (2)
Gelato (Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies x Sunset Sherbet) (1)

Initial Setup​

Grow Tent: SpiderFarmer 3x3
Lights: SpiderFarmer SE5000
Inline Duct Fan: ACInfinity Cloudline S6
Carbon Filter: ACInfinity 6" Carbon Filter
Humidity Controller: Inkbird IHC-200
Humidifier: Inkbird Humidifier
Dehumidifier: TBD
Clip Fan: TBD

Initial Plan​

First time grow tent experience. First time SCROG.
Use SCROG method to grow 3 plants in 3x3 tent 2 Wedding Cake and 1 Gelato.

GerminationSeedlingVegFlower
Temperature (F)68-7768-7768-7765-85
Humidity (% rH)70-7570-7550-7040-50
Light On/Off (hrs)18/624/024/024/0
PPFD w/o CO2100-300100-300400-600800-1000
DLI w/o CO213-1913-193538-65
SE5000 Driver Setting (%)20-4050-7080-100100
SE5000 Hanging Height16-2416-2416-24Early Flower: 12-18, Mid Flower: 8-12, Late Flower: 6-10
Average Duration (weeks)12-32-86-8

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

I'm assuming these are autos? I like the planning, just be ready to make changes as the plants need them. Read up on VPD and apply that in place of strict temp/humidity figures. 24 hours of light can be stressful to a plant. I've never grown autos, I know some folks run them 24/7, the plants will tell you if it's too much. Multiple strains can get interesting. You only have 2 to worry about, but be ready for them to be on different feed/ watering schedules. And scrogging in a tent can sometimes make it labor intensive to work on multiple plants. Not that big of deal with only 3 plants. When are you pulling the trigger? Pics of setup?

E9noxis

E9noxis

I wish someone gave me this speech when I started. I'm running 3 strains in a 4x4 and I don't know what a vpd is. And they all eat the same...

Next time

C

calle

I'm assuming these are autos? I like the planning, just be ready to make changes as the plants need them. Read up on VPD and apply that in place of strict temp/humidity figures. 24 hours of light can be stressful to a plant. I've never grown autos, I know some folks run them 24/7, the plants will tell you if it's too much. Multiple strains can get interesting. You only have 2 to worry about, but be ready for them to be on different feed/ watering schedules. And scrogging in a tent can sometimes make it labor intensive to work on multiple plants. Not that big of deal with only 3 plants. When are you pulling the trigger? Pics of setup?
Thanks for the feedback. I will certainly read up on VPD! The seedlings have been up about a week and come from feminized seeds. I'm interested on why you assumed these were autoflwers?
I'm really torn on 24/7 vs 18/6. I am having difficulty in finding a clear case for one versus the other but I have done 24/7 in the past without trouble albeit not in near as sophisticated/powerful setup as I am doing now. I'll watch them like a hawk! This first crop in the tent will certainly be a learning experience. I've been growing outdoors for the past bunch of years but finally decided to bring it indoors and notch things up considerably. I want big, fat, dense buds and I'm sick of fighting powdery mildew in the late fall climate of Seattle! “I'm going to have to science the shit out of this.”

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

I assumed the were auto flowers because of the 24 hours of light for flowering! You cannot flower photoperiod strains like that, only autos. Photoperiod plants REQUIRE 12 hours of darkness to flower.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

That is what distinguishes between VEG and FLOWER, the "photoperiod" or length of a day. You flip the plants over to 12on/12off to induce the photoperiod flowering response. It is actually the length of darkness that tells the plants to switch. If you put photoperiod plants in 24 hours light they will never flower indoors.

C

calle

That is what distinguishes between VEG and FLOWER, the "photoperiod" or length of a day. You flip the plants over to 12on/12off to induce the photoperiod flowering response. It is actually the length of darkness that tells the plants to switch. If you put photoperiod plants in 24 hours light they will never flower indoors.
Typo in my table...of course flowering 12/12!

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Thank goodness. I was wondering where you got your info, hopefully not here.

Treecutter

Treecutter

This grow had 6 different autos. You'll find growth rates and finish dates will be different. I won't scrog when running multiple strains of autos.
I always run a base fertilizer in the soil and then add whats needed when the start asking.

I've found darker colored strains will require more cal/mag than the others.

Normally just lst and tie them down so I can take each one out and water it ot attend to it.

I start a little flower nutrients start of week 4.

I keep journal on each plant for future use and to reflect back on and the a calendar for each tent.

Definitely look into vpd. I built all my humidifiers because I have one for each tent due to different plants in different stages. Plus I wanted at least 3 gallon reservoirs.

Happy grows..
20210311 093050

Treecutter

Treecutter

I also run 18-6 on the lights. I have heard of others running 24hr but everything i tried it I had to cut back the power on my lights. I like the set it and forget it so I go with what I always use that works.

Here are some current autos getting crossed. All the leaf damage is because I nuke the plant end of week 3 with strong sts then dilute it back weeks 4-6 to let them recover.
Both tents have 2 plants and each set of plants is under 150watt lights.

20220315 222118
20220315 222149
C

calle

Refactor​

The first couple of weeks were a great learning experience - I really needed a super duper update and here it is:

Strain​

Wedding Cake (Girl Scout Cookies x Cherry Pie) (1)
I'm going to focus on a single plant for this initial run.

Setup - Sealed Grow Tent with Venting On Demand​

Grow Tent: SpiderFarmer 3x3

Light: SpiderFarmer SE5000

Odor control/circulation: AC Infinity Cloudline S6 with carbon filter using default 8 speed controller (set to 2).
Recirculating within the sealed tent to reduce odor and act as a secondary internal fan.

Output: Tent output port ducted to AC Infinity Cloudline S6 with back draft damper.
Exhaust through 6 inch ducting to attic outside vent
Intake from AC Infinity backdraft damper on tent input port.
AC Infinity Controller 67 controls the grow tent exhaust process on demand.

Humidity Controller: Inkbird IHC-200
Humidifier: Inkbird Humidifier

Dehumidifier: None

Clip Fans: 3 In addition to internal recirculating fan/filter, one downward fan and two upwards fans.

Inkbird ICC-500T CO2 Controller
20 lb CO2 tank and regulator

SCROG net DIY PVC 8" above surface of plant

C

calle

Harvest time...thought I'd fill in some blanks.
- internal duct fan/filter recirculates and de-odorizes tent air
- external duct fan with damper vents when the fan is activated otherwise prevents external air from entering into tent
- damper in the input port pulls air into the tent when external duct fan runs but otherwise prevents tent air from escaping

Internal 1
Internal 2
C

calle

Early veg using SCROG trellis 8" above surface of soil. Used PVC pipe.

Early veg
Canopy scrog
Canopy scrog top
C

calle

Buds were trimmed and dried in the grow tent.
Weight after trimming and drying: 366 grams (about 13 oz).
I'm shocked as this is my first grow tent experience. Big fat dense buds big time!

My first CO2 experience as well.
Although not 100% perfect I think my CO2 enrichment scheme worked quite well.
I ran CO2 through most of the veg cycle and some during start of flowering.
I went through a 20lb tank during this time.

growsince79

growsince79

Buds were trimmed and dried in the grow tent.
Weight after trimming and drying: 366 grams (about 13 oz).
I'm shocked as this is my first grow tent experience. Big fat dense buds big time!

My first CO2 experience as well.
Although not 100% perfect I think my CO2 enrichment scheme worked quite well.
I ran CO2 through most of the veg cycle and some during start of flowering.
I went through a 20lb tank during this time.
congrats.

Latest posts

Top Bottom