Wedding cake clone and basement set up

• Thread starter thirdeyeclyde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

So this is what I'm working with right now while I'm waiting on soil and seeds to come in. I know the clone isn't looking good at all but hoping to bring it back to life. Taking pics of my entire set up so far. The basement was filled with dog shit and mud from previous owners took me a month just to get it to where it is

Wedding cake clone and basement set up
Wedding cake clone and basement set up 2
Wedding cake clone and basement set up 3
Wedding cake clone and basement set up 4
Wedding cake clone and basement set up 5
Wedding cake clone and basement set up 6
Wedding cake clone and basement set up 7
Wedding cake clone and basement set up 8
Wedding cake clone and basement set up 9
Wedding cake clone and basement set up 10
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

The basement as pet restroom is a particularly nasty way for previously home owners to welcome the new buyer. Where my rig is use to be a 10x14 litter box, took a while to dig out all the shit, then lay gravel, then seal the room in plastic.

After seeing your pics, I have to ask, do you want constructive feedback?

thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

The basement as pet restroom is a particularly nasty way for previously home owners to welcome the new buyer. Where my rig is use to be a 10x14 litter box, took a while to dig out all the shit, then lay gravel, then seal the room in plastic.

Please be honest. Just need help definitely need some feedback and won't be offended as to I haven't grown indoors before.
The two light structures I have I got from family farm and home store were about $40 a piece and has a veg and flower cycle not sure the brand. Soil is Fox farm ocean.
Co2 bag with mushies, a fan, a heater. The foil on the wall is to block out the windows I have so lights aren't blasting out. I know the walls should be white. But I do still have some cleaning to do in that room on the walls and the floors.
Blanket is soon being replaced with a insulated magnetic thermal door.
Anything you could throw my way any ideas at all to make my plants thrive would be awesome 😎💯

thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

On top of my last message I would like to add those nutes I have aren't all I have. I did a lot of composting last year to prepare for this next season coming up. I got tons of broken down eggshells for cal-mag. And like 400 pounds of compost sitting in totes in my backyard. I've even been saving my wood ash.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

General environment
1) For safeties sake, get a fucking power strip and short 10-15 foot extension cord. You have lights and humidifier plugged directly into your main breaker outlet. You are asking for fire or massive short.
2) you have a humidifier right next to a dehumidifier bag. All your water water vapor is doing nothing, and your out the dehumidification bag.
3) lights are way too far away. lights in general are real weak, a 40 dollar LED is maybe, maybe pulling 60 watts from the wall. You will have some light starved plants.
4) You need to make a choice, either use your whole area partitioned as a giant grow room, or get some tents and introduce chambers that divide the room. You’ll have a really hard time controlling all environmental metrics in an open basement.
5) look up VPD through google and try to understand how to create those green zones in temp and humidity.

really sad clone
1) get that light closer, luminescent strength decreases exponentially the further from the light source the object is. you need your weak lights doing as much s possible.
2) back off the fertilizer for alittle bit. The fox farm soil has nutrients in it, let the plant recover from transplant and get used to the new home.
3) attempt to control your environment factors. Heat humidity etc. You have all the gadgets but are they working in concert? What’s your temp? What’s your humidity? Get one of those little thermometers that have an humidity gauge too.

good luck don’t kill your new plant it’s pretty.

thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

General environment
1) For safeties sake, get a fucking power strip and short 10-15 foot extension cord. You have lights and humidifier plugged directly into your main breaker outlet. You are asking for fire or massive short.
2) you have a humidifier right next to a dehumidifier bag. All your water water vapor is doing nothing, and your out the dehumidification bag.
3) lights are way too far away. lights in general are real weak, a 40 dollar LED is maybe, maybe pulling 60 watts from the wall. You will have some light starved plants.
4) You need to make a choice, either use your whole area partitioned as a giant grow room, or get some tents and introduce chambers that divide the room. You’ll have a really hard time controlling all environmental metrics in an open basement.
5) look up VPD through google and try to understand how to create those green zones in temp and humidity.

really sad clone
1) get that light closer, luminescent strength decreases exponentially the further from the light source the object is. you need your weak lights doing as much s possible.
2) back off the fertilizer for alittle bit. The fox farm soil has nutrients in it, let the plant recover from transplant and get used to the new home.
3) attempt to control your environment factors. Heat humidity etc. You have all the gadgets but are they working in concert? What’s your temp? What’s your humidity? Get one of those little thermometers that have an humidity gauge too.

Okay so over all I'm gonna have to just switch back to the upstairs closet because I also forgot to mention my electric in this shitty house isn't updated at all one extension cord and power strip and the whole house will blow which is why the set up looks like that. That room has more working outlets than the rest on the 4 story house. I looked at something that said clones could grow good with less light? That's why I have it so low but I'll fix that too, might look into a generator and a tent.
I've been just giving it water for about two weeks now cuz I noticed maybe the burns wasn't the light but was the nutes. Which is also another reason I moved the plant lower is I was scared it was burn from the lights but it's gotta be the nutes I gave it.
I'm not sure the humidity level but the temp stays around 73 during the day and 68 at night.

thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

General environment

really sad clone

And also it's a co2 bag and it's a humidifier not a dehumidifier. But I keep it in very low, haven't had a mold problem at all but I do need to get a thermometer with a humidity gauge and I will be doing some research on VPD I appreciate the advice

thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

So today I flushed the first clone, figured the crispy edges were from giving nutes when the soil already had nutes. I've unplugged the humidifier in the basement, I think it's humid enough and doing okay with the co2 bag alone. Got some seeds coming in today and another fan. And I added in my other light.
Also right behind my foil wall I have a went to let in fresh air from outside which I do for a little bit once a day.
Wedding cake and the new one is Apple tartz.
Coming in today is 3 northern lights autos, 2 OG kush autos, and 2 Badazz OG Cheeze Photoperiods. Which I plan on moving outside for the upcoming season once it arrives.

IMG 20231209 134059337
IMG 20231209 134103342
IMG 20231209 134049325
IMG 20231209 134057002
IMG 20231209 134009795
IMG 20231209 134107560
IMG 20231209 134040804
IMG 20231209 134118153
thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

Okay so I rearranged everything that I could unplugged some things, added a portable fan, added some card board to the wall since it's brick and gets cold. Just a temporary thing until I get the entire room actually set up and get better lights and a extension cord for my power brick.

IMG 20231209 154402032
IMG 20231209 154414644
thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

These just came in, I'm dropping em to germinate today and will keep progress, two Badazz OG Cheeze Photoperiods, 3 northern lights auto's, and 2 OG kush auto's

thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

All but one sank in the 12 hours they soaked in 1 percent hydrogen peroxide and water solution.

Now they are in their damp towels in a unsealed bag in a dark room I'll check on them Saturday and post a update possibly.

Will also update the two clones I have of wedding cake and apple tartz.

IMG 20231212 095758341
IMG 20231212 095751620
IMG 20231212 102324430
IMG 20231212 095817048
thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

So 7 out of 7 sunk! Got 6 of them sprouted this morning and just put the 7th that sunk this morning with the others. So I'm just waiting on that 7th one to sprout so the plan is Saturday to check on them again and put them in soil.

IMG 20231213 110118231
Bilber

Bilber

So 7 out of 7 sunk! Got 6 of them sprouted this morning and just put the 7th that sunk this morning with the others. So I'm just waiting on that 7th one to sprout so the plan is Saturday to check on them again and put them in soil.
I believe you are saying they popped while in the water/h2⁰ solution.....

If that is the case, I'd get them in your medium instead of waiting.....you don't want to drown them....

Looks good...Definitely try and improve on lights.....those will work, just on a smaller scale......matchbox/hot wheels vs. Micro Machines......

thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

I believe you are saying they popped while in the water/h2⁰ solution.....

If that is the case, I'd get them in your medium instead of waiting.....you don't want to drown them....

Looks good...Definitely try and improve on lights.....those will work, just on a smaller scale......matchbox/hot wheels vs. Micro Machines......
New lights coming in this week 180 v 1000 watt can't remember the brand but had some good reviews, and no I had them in water and peroxide solution for 12 hours to see if they would drop to the bottoms of the cups, once they did I put them in a paper towel and put them inside a Ziploc bag unsealed then placed in a dark warm drawer.
One never dropped to the bottom of the cup, so I kept it in the water til it dropped. Once it dropped I moved it to paper towel with the others which is when I discovered they all popped/sprouted just a little. So I'm waiting on the final one to pop and for them to all get about a inch long sprouts before i move them to my medium which I'm hoping is by Saturday. I'm gonna keep a eye on them. They could sprout longer sooner.
Gonna stop by the farm store for some soil tomorrow morning just to be on top of it. The new lights are gonna be in by Friday.

thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

Lights will be in tomorrow and my lab will make a complete set up, thanks for the advice on the indoor set up fuckers.
Fire hazard avoided and class is in session.

IMG 20231214 173126205
IMG 20231214 173201797
IMG 20231214 173116363
IMG 20231214 190110422
IMG 20231214 190430535
thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

Lights and everything came in today. 😎 Spot for the seedlings and a spot for the clones

IMG 20231215 162244674
IMG 20231215 162227270
IMG 20231215 162251774
IMG 20231215 162259123

Latest posts

Top Bottom