Wedding cake help!

• Thread starter Sunny86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sunny86

Sunny86

Kinda long, sorry & bare with me!

So I have 2 plants going, Great white shark & Wedding cake. They both are in wk 4 of life and had a rough start. I rescued them from a friend who was raided and these were not found during it but had to go so I took them in. A rough 4 hour drive home in the car with them after being manhandled, lol. They were both sitting on deaths doorstep when they made it to my house literally laying flat on the soil in their 1st week of life. I perked them up and got them going again but over the last week my Wedding cake took a turn. Pics below show GWS looking lovely all things considered and the Wedding cake is the small stumpy one. It appears as though over watered but I only water once a week give or take as needed. I check using the lift, sticking half a finger in soil to the side of the plant and even have a moister meter for when I'm in between whether it's needed.
They are in Ocean Forest soil and using Fox Farms for nutes. Temp is average of 80 (best I can get in our crazy whether patterns lately) and humidity averages 40-45. I keep trying to spritz a water bottle in the tent every so often to raise and/or balance humidity but again our weather has been a bitch lately to maintain. One day we will have 80° and the next day will be 50°. Drives me insane! These are in an indoor tent (24×48×60+6) but still fluctuates. :/ I have a Spider Farmer light in there as well. PH kept around 6.

I think that covers it? So now if you stayed this long, what do you suggest I do to perk her back up? A week ago they looked the same and everything done to them has been the same for both so not sure what happened to make WC start looking so shabby. :/ Oh and lights are at 18in above tops

Wedding cake help
Wedding cake help 2
Wedding cake help 3
Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
Ive did grow wedding cake past two growth ( first two also ) , Ive read somewhere that wedding cake can be easy to overfeed, and i did notice myself doing dual strains that ive pulled 2oz from wedding while pulling 5 oz from northern ( both identical setup, running nft dripping system ). IT could be a N tox, but i have not the knowledge to determine that for you, pretty sure people here could help you more then! Try to maintaint a good temperature too is a key to eliminte any issue possible coming from that.

Sunny86

Sunny86

The temp control has been a pain in my butt lately with the weather fluctuating so much and was wondering if that may be the problem. I have a small fan in the top blowing down but it was running hot (85ish) so added the tiny desktop size fan in bottom to keep a circular motion with the airflow which brought it down to 78-80ish. (the sm one is in the pic although not in its usual place, I was moving things around to see what worked better for temp control and took the pic while I was in there messing around). Humidity has been tough to keep up because of the heat which is why I would use a water bottle to spritz inside the tent every so often. Could the water bottle spray be enough to overwater? I didnt think it would be but at this point I have no idea! Im calling in the pro's for help! Please and thanks! :)

Sunny86

Sunny86

I know its hard to judge things by a pic but does it seem to be looking ok then for week 4? I just feel like it looks so shabby now in comparison to GWS. I know the strains are very different but I was shocked at how it went from big and beautiful like the other to looking like it was depressed suddenly, lol.

lipifarmer

lipifarmer

Did you finish your GWS ? if so what is like? im currently starting new round and decide to give her a change , already germinating seeds.

Top Bottom