Wedding cake - photo in veg. What you think is causing the leaf color

• Thread starter Vevenda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Vevenda

Beginning 6th week in veg
Soil ph 6.9ph, water 5.8ph
Switched to Roots Organic - terp tea on 5/6 (sprinkled on top before water)

Concerned about the darker veins and light green/yellow in-between on the new growth. Any wisdom and insight appreciated.

Wedding cake   photo in veg what you think is causing the leaf color
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

This should come in handy https://drcannabis.io/symptoms

That looks to be a magnesium deficiency. It appears you have lockout going on.
What is the medium you're using?
PH?
Nutrient feeding?
PH of runoff if you have checked?
I'm sorry. Just saw the other info. Let me take a look

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
could be lock out of certain nutrients or even light stress?
do you raise the lights as the plant grows?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

When did the problems begin? You're only feeding the tea right now? Why did you change your regimen?
If you're watering at 5.9, and your medium is weighing in at 6.9, you're sitting very high. How, and how long after watering are you checking your soil?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Nick knows a whole lot more than I do with LED lighting. He's far more qualified to help you here. I had no idea lighting could possibly be the cause in this case. Hopefully that chart will help you out moving forward. Good luck

V

Vevenda

could be lock out of certain nutrients or even light stress?
do you raise the lights as the plant grows?
I was using a salt based fertilizer once a week and just switched away from salt. The 750w light is about 3ft away from the top of the canopy. How would you suggest determining if it is light or nute lockout? I do have some canoeing so you could be spot on that it has something to do with the light.

Last edited:
V

Vevenda

Nick knows a whole lot more than I do with LED lighting. He's far more qualified to help you here. I had no idea lighting could possibly be the cause in this case. Hopefully that chart will help you out moving forward. Good luck
Appreciate the endorsement!

V

Vevenda

This should come in handy https://drcannabis.io/symptoms

That looks to be a magnesium deficiency. It appears you have lockout going on.
What is the medium you're using?
PH?
Nutrient feeding?
PH of runoff if you have checked?
I'm sorry. Just saw the other info. Let me take a look
Thank you. Soil ph is 6.9-7. I haven't tested the runoff. I will do that. I should water tomorrow. How do you deal with lockout? Is that PH related? Would Epsom salt foliar spray be a good 1st step?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Thank you. Soil ph is 6.9-7. I haven't tested the runoff. I will do that. I should water tomorrow. How do you deal with lockout? Is that PH related? Would Epsom salt foliar spray be a good 1st step?
In my setup foiler feeding at 1/4 strength would be the 1st thing I did. I don't know if you would have to dim your lights? I don't know to what strength you would want your lights to foiler feed. That however is only a temporary solution until you get your medium in range. I had this happen to an entire flower room due to a batch of rockwool with too much lime. I soaked for 24, I was feeding at 5.5, and my runoff was coming out near 7. I was way out of range. I spent several hours for 3, or 4 days flushing the rockwool at 5.3. Finally it got back in range, but set me back about a week.
After you test your runoff let me know where you are sitting, and we'll take it from there.

Fwiw, I've always soaked my rockwool 48 hours after that

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

You're using lemon juice for your ph down? Did you ammend the soil with lime, oyster shells, or anything else that would be alkalinic?

V

Vevenda

You're using lemon juice for your ph down? Did you ammend the soil with lime, oyster shells, or anything else that would be alkalinic?
I am using a ph corrector. I am wanting to switch to apple cider vinegar. My tap water comes out between 11 and 8. I didn't add any amendments. I will be doing this differently next grow. This is my 1st grow in 20 years and I am relearning and learning a lot. I have had all the things happening this grow.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I would want to ask someone who uses LED lighting and that shouldn't be a problem. Ask how the foiler feed. I would want you to burn your plants.
I haven't grown in soil in idk how long, but if you haven't amended your soil, I would drop the ph even further to get your soil to sit around 6.5.
The direction the plant is going, it isn't going to make it too much longer. 5.9 In 6.5 out, I'd say your medium is around 7.5.
I would flush the soil at 5.5 while foiler feeding. If you can do this every 2-3 days for 6-9 days you should be back in range. Mollase will drop PH as well. If you have Mollase, try adding that to your tea while flushing.
So figure out the best way to foiler feed under LED lighting, and at the same time work on getting your medium back in range. Your plant(s) should bounce back nicely.
I'm wondering what caused the ph problem? Diffrent water source? Do you use well water? Did you ammend with something alkalinity?
These are the things I would do in your situation. I'd also find out about the strength of the lights for foiler feeding UNDER LED..
I hope this helps. Soil, and LEDs aren't my specialties, but the roots must be right, and the plant must get food

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I am using a ph corrector. I am wanting to switch to apple cider vinegar. My tap water comes out between 11 and 8. I didn't add any amendments. I will be doing this differently next grow. This is my 1st grow in 20 years and I am relearning and learning a lot. I have had all the things happening this grow.
So I assume you are using well water? That would explain a lot if so

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

If your PH is that high dude, you definitely look like you have nutrient lock out. As well as a Magnesium deficiency as someone up top stated. I would flush with 5.6 with added CalMag. LED is known for always needing CalMag. It just does something to the plants. Not entirely sure how that works.. but it does. But I think your biggest problem is the soil PH. Also.. I would use Botanicare CalMag+ since it has Iron in it as well. It would be hitting it from all sides that LED may make your plants deficient in.

Top Bottom