Wedding cake - photo in veg. What you think is causing the leaf color

• Thread starter Vevenda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Vevenda

FWIW, the plant looks like it has some potential. Good luck. Let me know how things work out
I greatly appreciate all your help!. LED foliar feeding research here i come. I raised the lights last night about a foot and started to incorporate molasses in my watering. I will definitely post a result in about a week.

V

Vevenda

If your PH is that high dude, you definitely look like you have nutrient lock out. As well as a Magnesium deficiency as someone up top stated. I would flush with 5.6 with added CalMag. LED is known for always needing CalMag. It just does something to the plants. Not entirely sure how that works.. but it does. But I think your biggest problem is the soil PH. Also.. I would use Botanicare CalMag+ since it has Iron in it as well. It would be hitting it from all sides that LED may make your plants deficient in.
Thank you for the recommendation. I will flush with lower ph water and then hit it with magnesium.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Your soil pH is too high and is likely the reason for interveinal chlorosis at the growing points. I'd do as others have already suggested — start with a foliar feed of micronutrients, like zinc and iron. Then try to bring down soil pH, which can be a slow, painful process.

You may also have some P and K uptake problems, which could be a result of too much calcium in your water and soil. The yellowing and dying of leaf edges and tips are saying "K lockout."

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I know a bit about LED but don't know jack about growing in coco so hopefully someone can help you out here. I do know that coco grow is similar to hydro in that you need to make sure your EC is on point, watering daily and pH levels need to be in check. Not as forgiving as typical soil growing.

Good luck.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Beginning 6th week in veg
Soil ph 6.9ph, water 5.8ph
Switched to Roots Organic - terp tea on 5/6 (sprinkled on top before water)

Concerned about the darker veins and light green/yellow in-between on the new growth. Any wisdom and insight appreciated.
I made a goof. Idk why, but thought you were in soil? Getting your ph right in coco should be much faster in coco.
If you can, foiler feed when the lights come on. Run your nutrient/tea through at 5.5. Unlike the normal 10% runoff, try going to 30-50% runoff, and run it through 2x's a day. You should have your root zone corrected much quicker.
I don't know how I missed that? I don't get much sleep these days. Those plants should be back to health, and thieving much faster than if you were in soil. My apologies for that oversight.

V

Vevenda

I made a goof. Idk why, but thought you were in soil? Getting your ph right in coco should be much faster in coco.
If you can, foiler feed when the lights come on. Run your nutrient/tea through at 5.5. Unlike the normal 10% runoff, try going to 30-50% runoff, and run it through 2x's a day. You should have your root zone corrected much quicker.
I don't know how I missed that? I don't get much sleep these days. Those plants should be back to health, and thieving much faster than if you were in soil. My apologies for that oversight.
I am in soil. No goof

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

Actually! I can't believe I didn't think of this. You need some Florakleen. You don't have to buy that though, you can make it for cheap. Point and case.. you need to do a super flush! Basically.. make some Florakleen, flushing repeatedly for a day or two.. and voila! Your soil should be good to go!

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I am in soil. No goof
Ok. The hardest part is identifying the problem. I think that was accomplished in time. With the advice You've gotten, and Re getting I'm confident the 0lant will be thriving in no time

V

Vevenda

I know a bit about LED but don't know jack about growing in coco so hopefully someone can help you out here. I do know that coco grow is similar to hydro in that you need to make sure your EC is on point, watering daily and pH levels need to be in check. Not as forgiving as typical soil growing.

Good luck.
I am growing in soil.

V

Vevenda

Ok. The hardest part is identifying the problem. I think that was accomplished in time. With the advice You've gotten, and Re getting I'm confident the 0lant will be thriving in no time
Foliar fed with epsom salt today. I will do that a few times while I try to bring the ph of the soil down a little. It has been pretty stubborn at right around 7. Greatly appreciate all your advice and support.

V

Vevenda

Your soil pH is too high and is likely the reason for interveinal chlorosis at the growing points. I'd do as others have already suggested — start with a foliar feed of micronutrients, like zinc and iron. Then try to bring down soil pH, which can be a slow, painful process.

You may also have some P and K uptake problems, which could be a result of too much calcium in your water and soil. The yellowing and dying of leaf edges and tips are saying "K lockout."
Thank you. So do you recommend zinc and iron over magnesium? I can get a multi spray but want to try and target the specific deficiency and don't want to cause other issues while I am trying to fix another.

V

Vevenda

If your PH is that high dude, you definitely look like you have nutrient lock out. As well as a Magnesium deficiency as someone up top stated. I would flush with 5.6 with added CalMag. LED is known for always needing CalMag. It just does something to the plants. Not entirely sure how that works.. but it does. But I think your biggest problem is the soil PH. Also.. I would use Botanicare CalMag+ since it has Iron in it as well. It would be hitting it from all sides that LED may make your plants deficient in.
So I flushed with 5.5 water 3 times and am not getting a decrease in PH. I also did an epsom salt spray yesterday and will do again tomorrow at lights out. Any chance I should just repot using different soil? They have been in the current soil for 6weeks. Once I get the current issue corrected I am going to switch to flower.

V

Vevenda

So I flushed with 5.5 water 3 times and am not getting a decrease in PH. I also did an epsom salt spray yesterday and will do again tomorrow at lights out. Any chance I should just repot using different soil? They have been in the current soil for 6weeks. Once I get the current issue corrected I am going to switch to flower.

V

Vevenda

20220511 150325
20220511 150354

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

The leaves have a more uniform color. You may want to foiler with 1/4 strength nutes? The soil could take a few to get in range. I figured about 9 days. It looks like the magnesium issue has gotten better, but also looks like they could use a good feeding. Try and stay patient. I've avoided soil for some time, as the results take longer to see. Do you have any worm castings you can dress with?

V

Vevenda

The leaves have a more uniform color. You may want to foiler with 1/4 strength nutes? The soil could take a few to get in range. I figured about 9 days. It looks like the magnesium issue has gotten better, but also looks like they could use a good feeding. Try and stay patient. I've avoided soil for some time, as the results take longer to see. Do you have any worm castings you can dress with?
I can get some worm casting. I will also brew a nute tea at 1/4 strength to use in a foliar spray. How often do you recommend flushing? One of the ladies was super droopy after the flush last night so I didn't do another flush today. I was thinking of picking up a foliarspray that was more balanced too. My current nutes are 7:1:1. Thinking a little more K might be a benefit. THank you for working through this. Keeping me sane

Last edited:
Top Bottom