WEED THERAPY, without puffing

• Thread starter altitudefarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Does anyone else feel that tending a flourishing garden is total therapy? I got off work early and decided to hit the grow room before I sat down to a nice bowl. Three hours later, I'm humming some ridiculous song, smiling at my plants, and feeling pretty damn good about life. Totally FORGOT TO PUFF!!
Now, a garden with issues can be a living nightmare, but if I was given a choice between smoking or growing, it would be a tough decision for me. I also must acknowledge that my garden is not a source of income for me, and I also felt totally the opposite when growing for MMCs. Commercial ops are no longer my thing; I can't stand to continuously pour my heart into something that is under-appreciated or just exploited for money.
I also get that same sense of deep satisfaction whenever I bless someone with the fruits of my labor. The grateful look on their face goes a LOT further for me than the cash I could have received.

CAN I GET A WITNESS?!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Honestly, while I enjoy tending the garden, it's not the plants that give me my pleasure as much as it is stuff like hearing the wind, and especially watching all the life around me. Natural or nature therapy. My chickens and pets give me the most pleasure, especially when we all wander the property together, me, chickens, cats, dog, and I've got a nice joint that I'm puffin'. Gonna get somma dat today.

sky high

sky high

Praise Jah, brother! I'm a hearin' ya! I find comfort knowing I HAVE a garden, am beholding to no one, and have excesses to give to those who truly need it.

I don't forget to partake in any smoke sessions though. LOL.

be well dude

BIGDAMBUD1

BIGDAMBUD1

I'll give ya witness bro..for myself it's the same...just good stuff flows when I'm in the garden...I just told a friend of mine that I never thought I'd say it...but the damn growing has become as relaxing and fulfilling as smoking anymore for me...and yea...when it's a job to grow...no comparison to a hobbyist...I used to guide fish for hire...and I love to fish...no doubt...but when you have to catch one because you being paid...you'll hate it...I no longer guide fish for that reason alone...money is not always worth the sacrifice to me...some things you enjoy are just best left alone... to not try and capitalize off of....even though you great at it...B

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
^^ Exact same thing happened to me once I started working in the ornamental aquatics trade. My home aquariums became a chore I couldn't face because, what was it Matt told me once? You kinda get tired of having your arms wet and stuck in a tank up to the pits all day long. He was right. It's been... I haven't worked the trade since the late 90s.. no, early 2000s, and I haven't been able to face even the notion of doing an aquarium again until very, very recently. And even then, we're not discussing something like reef. No way no how. Not gonna do it.

fractal

fractal

Yea I love it love it love it! Nothing I would rather be doing than working with plants. I love the smell of soil and the green humid air. I think it's awesome when you inoculate the soil with bennies and it turns into a spongy ecosystem that smells like the forest floor. My ancestors came here from scandinavia and started farming the plains, it's in my blood to work with plants. Think I would be hanging out online here if all I cared about was smoking bowls?

Jung INTJ

Jung INTJ

The human journey is a spiritual journey. The degree to which I resolve the paradox of life & death is a determining factor of my growth preparing for my own departure. The annual cycle of growing provides the benefit of demonstrating this Truth that from death life continues. This establishes the Spirit I bring to the garden when I enter to ensure my presence is complimentary with gratitude, grace and love. It is one of the places I can go for solitude, reflection, and inspiration. It is an integral part of the individuation process and dying to that which is old in order to be born to that which is next.

urbanfog

urbanfog

Happiness is where you find it ..... Gardening .... Fishing ...... Whittling ..... Or making whirly gigs. What makes you happy is what it's all about. And if you can bring a smile to another face even better.
Thats good shit right there ^^^^

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Does anyone else feel that tending a flourishing garden is total therapy? I got off work early and decided to hit the grow room before I sat down to a nice bowl. Three hours later, I'm humming some ridiculous song, smiling at my plants, and feeling pretty damn good about life. Totally FORGOT TO PUFF!!
Now, a garden with issues can be a living nightmare, but if I was given a choice between smoking or growing, it would be a tough decision for me. I also must acknowledge that my garden is not a source of income for me, and I also felt totally the opposite when growing for MMCs. Commercial ops are no longer my thing; I can't stand to continuously pour my heart into something that is under-appreciated or just exploited for money.
I also get that same sense of deep satisfaction whenever I bless someone with the fruits of my labor. The grateful look on their face goes a LOT further for me than the cash I could have received.

CAN I GET A WITNESS?!
Amen! Growing is a part of my spirit! Lean in close, pay attention and talk to them, trust me they can hear it.

Top Bottom