Weed with black dust? Help

• Thread starter Xicoo420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Xicoo420

Xicoo420

Hey, so im drying my weed for about 1 week and this just happen to some weed (check photo)
Is it mold or is it another thing?
Please help, thank you!

82EE13D3 571F 4E25 809A DF5870530B30
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
That is mold. Too high of humidity or too low of air circulation... or maybe a little of both. Most folks wouldn't smoke it, but if you are desperate for smoke, washing it with water might remove some of the mold/mildew,but it will still be less than desirable. Plants can turn moldy overnight. I started drying my branches in a refrigerator... it has the perfect humidity and will keep mold away as long as it is an auto defrosting refrigerator. Just lay the branches on a sheet of newspaper and let it dry for a week or two. No mold, no mildew... and it preserves the terpene profile nicely.
Ive grown for decades but still sweat the drying part... like you have found out the hard way. If it is just a bud or two, you can [probably get away with using the unaffected buds, but if they are all like that, you need to rethink your drying methods to something that has lees chance of molding up on you.

Dan789

Dan789

That’s ready for the garbage can or composting bin, NFG. Get air moving over the unaffected branches being dried or you’ll lose everything. If the spores are already there, it may be too late for anything...

Xicoo420

Xicoo420

Thank you all guys, i have some branches in a box drying, now i put a vent working so the air can flow. And i have another in a net drying with 2 pans on it so they wont get any light, just some but very low.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

Toss
Dont extract it

IF you must..... do a h202 wash, butane, ipa, etoh wash. Filter thru 2um (iirc) filter

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

That is mold. Too high of humidity or too low of air circulation... or maybe a little of both. Most folks wouldn't smoke it, but if you are desperate for smoke, washing it with water might remove some of the mold/mildew,but it will still be less than desirable. Plants can turn moldy overnight. I started drying my branches in a refrigerator... it has the perfect humidity and will keep mold away as long as it is an auto defrosting refrigerator. Just lay the branches on a sheet of newspaper and let it dry for a week or two. No mold, no mildew... and it preserves the terpene profile nicely.
Ive grown for decades but still sweat the drying part... like you have found out the hard way. If it is just a bud or two, you can [probably get away with using the unaffected buds, but if they are all like that, you need to rethink your drying methods to something that has lees chance of molding up on you.
Would a no frost mini fridge work?

Top Bottom