weedshoes - Season 1

• Thread starter weedshoes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
weedshoes

weedshoes

Good afternoon, everyone.

My name is weedshoes. I am new to the forum and new to growing, but not new to forums nor the plant. I love doing research and this new hobby should provide me plenty of entertainment in that regard, but I still like advice.

This is my best friend. She has been with me for a lot and looks out for me.
Weedshoes   season 1

I am in a legal state, 6k feet in the sky. It's pretty dry here.

These are my plants right when I brought them home. I am told they are pineapple express. September 2
Weedshoes   season 1 2

They were so green and healthy...

This them after a couple days in my closet.
Weedshoes   season 1 3

I think they were getting a little hot in there, so I bought them a tent.
Weedshoes   season 1 4

The tent is a Gorilla 2x2.5 I got on their labor day sale. Very satisfied with the build quality. Temperature in the tent stays about 68-72f, RH 35-40%. I have a 6 inch clip on fan down low and a 6 inch 440cfm duct fan turned down low pulling out the top.

They were holding onto water for over a week so I repotted into 1gal smart pots with Mother Earth Terracraft 9/16. I also started to ph my water to about 6-6.5. Out of the tap it's about 8.0, which is what I had been using until this point. This is 9/19.
Weedshoes   season 1 5

This is this morning.
Weedshoes   season 1 6

My light is an HLG 135 Bspec tuned down pretty far about 28 inches from the canopy. I think all the yellow is from a combination of getting too hot and overwatering with the wrong ph. I think the burnt tips are from the soil being a little hot for seedlings.

Once one of these matures this will become the flower tent with a 135 Rspec, and the Bspec will move into a 3x3 Gorilla for mothering, veg, and propagation.

Any comments or criticism is welcome. I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Thanks for reading!

2Bad

2Bad

Sorry at work so this might be quick. Welcome to THCFARMER where dreams come true. Are you providing airflow below the canopy/at the soil? and another fan(if possible) over the canopy and NOT DIRECTLY on the plants.

weedshoes

weedshoes

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Only 1 clip fan turned on currently, you can see it in the photos. It blows just over the plants. I'll add one blowing just under them this evening. The plants are also on a wire rack about 10 inches off the floor to make sure there is flow underneath.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Good afternoon, everyone.

My name is weedshoes. I am new to the forum and new to growing, but not new to forums nor the plant. I love doing research and this new hobby should provide me plenty of entertainment in that regard, but I still like advice.

This is my best friend. She has been with me for a lot and looks out for me.
View attachment 1171291

I am in a legal state, 6k feet in the sky. It's pretty dry here.

These are my plants right when I brought them home. I am told they are pineapple express. September 2
View attachment 1171292

They were so green and healthy...

This them after a couple days in my closet.
View attachment 1171293

I think they were getting a little hot in there, so I bought them a tent.
View attachment 1171294

The tent is a Gorilla 2x2.5 I got on their labor day sale. Very satisfied with the build quality. Temperature in the tent stays about 68-72f, RH 35-40%. I have a 6 inch clip on fan down low and a 6 inch 440cfm duct fan turned down low pulling out the top.

They were holding onto water for over a week so I repotted into 1gal smart pots with Mother Earth Terracraft 9/16. I also started to ph my water to about 6-6.5. Out of the tap it's about 8.0, which is what I had been using until this point. This is 9/19.
View attachment 1171295

This is this morning.
View attachment 1171296

My light is an HLG 135 Bspec tuned down pretty far about 28 inches from the canopy. I think all the yellow is from a combination of getting too hot and overwatering with the wrong ph. I think the burnt tips are from the soil being a little hot for seedlings.

Once one of these matures this will become the flower tent with a 135 Rspec, and the Bspec will move into a 3x3 Gorilla for mothering, veg, and propagation.

Any comments or criticism is welcome. I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Thanks for reading!
What soil are you using? What are your watering habits? (How much water and how ofter) Pictures can be deceiving but it looks like your fabric pots are 5gal. Anything else about these plants you care to share? Your plants do show signs of over-watering like you stated.

weedshoes

weedshoes

Soil is Mother Earth Terracraft, recommended by a local grow shop when I went in to get an Ocean Forest type soil. They were in some general purpose potting soil 9/2-9/16, which had wood chips and held onto too much moisture.
  1. watered to 20% runoff 9/2
  2. probably 10 fluid ounces each 9/5 (really no good reason I guess)
  3. watered to 20% runoff again 9/16 with the repot, this is the first time I PH'd the water
  4. watered again 9/19 to 20% runoff because the top inch of soil felt dry and the pot was light.
Moving forward I plan to use the light pot/dry inch method. The new soil and pot seem to breathe much better. The plants seemed to respond positively by getting taller right away, but are still quite yellow. The pots are definitely 1 gallon. The plants are just small and the pots are on a wire rack. Those leaves up the stem are like little baby bonsai leaves. The stems look like they are getting lighter in color and growth seems to be speeding up, so I think they are recovering, but I am too inexperienced to trust my own intuition. The roots looked good to my novice eyes when I repotted 9/16.

I think it is beyond lame that I have the made-up strain from the Seth Rogan movie, but it's what was available and I figured a 50/50 I'll accidentally kill these anyway.

That's everything relevant I can think of for now. Please let me know if I am leaving out anything obvious.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Soil is Mother Earth Terracraft, recommended by a local grow shop when I went in to get an Ocean Forest type soil. They were in some general purpose potting soil 9/2-9/16, which had wood chips and held onto too much moisture.
  1. watered to 20% runoff 9/2
  2. probably 10 fluid ounces each 9/5 (really no good reason I guess)
  3. watered to 20% runoff again 9/16 with the repot, this is the first time I PH'd the water
  4. watered again 9/19 to 20% runoff because the top inch of soil felt dry and the pot was light.
Moving forward I plan to use the light pot/dry inch method. The new soil and pot seem to breathe much better. The plants seemed to respond positively by getting taller right away, but are still quite yellow. The pots are definitely 1 gallon. The plants are just small and the pots are on a wire rack. Those leaves up the stem are like little baby bonsai leaves. The stems look like they are getting lighter in color and growth seems to be speeding up, so I think they are recovering, but I am too inexperienced to trust my own intuition. The roots looked good to my novice eyes when I repotted 9/16.

I think it is beyond lame that I have the made-up strain from the Seth Rogan movie, but it's what was available and I figured a 50/50 I'll accidentally kill these anyway.

That's everything relevant I can think of for now. Please let me know if I am leaving out anything obvious.

Course perlite is great for drainage. Just a tip for the future. Although I have never used Mother Earth Terracraft, I have heard good things about it. Wet pot/dry pot for watering is good ... but here's one that's even better: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/new-simplified-way-to-water.131476/

weedshoes

weedshoes

Course perlite ... but here's one that's even better...
Great tips and a good thread. The new soil in the 1 gallon fabric pots seems to be draining nicely. I watered 2 days ago. The pot is pretty light. I think I'll wait one more day.

I'm pretty sure the white spots in these pictures is a reflection and the black spots are specs of soil that blew around when I tried to add some with the fans on just before taking pictures. Lesson learned.
20210921 183329
20210921 183353
20210921 183406

weedshoes

weedshoes

Color seems to be coming back. New tips look less burnt.
20210924 081336

Hopefully these ladies are on the mend.
20210924 081350

catdaddy

catdaddy

Might want to get the light closer a lot closer to the canopy. Also, as someone else mentioned perlite definitely helps. Lastly, before and after watering lift the pots to get a good feel on the weight, that way you know when they’re fully hydrated and when it’s time for them to a drink.

weedshoes

weedshoes

I had been inching the light closer and turning it up every few days. Yesterday was max power 24 inches from canopy. Looking this morning I think that was a little too much so I turned the power back down a little. Still 24". These tips look like they are shying away after being blasted for 16 hours.
20211001 074454

weedshoes

weedshoes

Looking better and better. My light is now about 20 inches from the tops, once they grow to 18 inches from the light i'll probably move the light to 24 inches and turn up the power a little bit.
20211005 072922

I'm a little surprised by how little lateral growth I have at this point. When should I expect to start seeing some branches and not just leaves growing directly out of the stem?
20211005 072927

Last edited:
weedshoes

weedshoes

Well, I topped the girls today. I meant to top one and fim one, but I fim'd my fim and ended up with two tops.
20211006 174016

20211006 174008

20211006 174004

20211006 173833

Shootout to @catdaddy for being a stellar individual. He's PM'd me some great advice over the past couple weeks and I'm beyond grateful.

I'm planning to up pot these to 3 gallon smart pots in about a week and a half so the little one will be ready to move to the flowing room by the end of the month, and hopeful I can take a cutting or two off the bigger one at the same time. Now that I know my environment and watering habits can support life, I might go pick up a couple indica clones as well so I have a little variety.

Thanks for reading,

-weedshoes

Last edited:
weedshoes

weedshoes

The rookie mistakes continue..

I have read that plants grown under quantum boards tend to have higher cal/mag demands than others, so I added a half dose to the water on Friday along with a first half dose of big bloom.. could that be the cause of these dark spots?
20211012 083404

I also picked up a couple grape ape clones. I had the fan blowing on one too hard all night and it drooped on me. Hopefully it perks back up.
20211012 083418

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So I read the forst post and just gonna jump in.

Looks like overwatering and a bit to much light for the health of the plants.

Do not water to runoff in soul that's contained organic amendments and I would avoid tiger bloom all together as it seems to almost always cause issues.

Lower the light intensity (always the first thing you do when seeing issues)

And let the pots dryback well between waterings. Overwatering is usually watering to often.

Have a read here. But remember that with organic amendments in soil you do not want runoff or you will wash the available nutrients out of the soil and create deficiencies.

weedshoes

weedshoes

Thanks, Aqua Man!

I think the overwatering frequency is solved. The pots get very light within 2 or 3 days with the new soil and smart pots, but based on the video you posted, I'll see what they do drying out a little more. I'll stop watering to runoff as that bit about washing nutrients away makes sense. I'll also turn the light down a little and I'm reading the thread you suggested as we speak.

weedshoes

weedshoes

I wouldn't have believed it without watching Aqua Man's latest video earlier today, but that sad droopy clone is already perked all the way up.
20211012 172047

Amazing!

Top Bottom