Week 2 First indoor hemp grow

• Thread starter greatbayorganics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greatbayorganics

greatbayorganics

Hello,
Looking for some professional advice about these young seedlings. They are 1-2 weeks old and growing very different.

The tallest white widow and Hot Blond were planted the same time, the short WW was planted a week later and the last one was planted today. Had a seed germinate and not sprout so started the last one that went into soil today. Using organic starting soils with spring water, temp and humid my have been a constant 70-78deg F and 60-75% RH. Two fans and an ac pumping air out. ROI 680e bringing the light.

many advise would be greatly welcome!

Week 2 first indoor hemp grow
Week 2 first indoor hemp grow 2
Week 2 first indoor hemp grow 3
Week 2 first indoor hemp grow 4
Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

One of the common mistakes that will stunt early growth is overwatering. Do the cups have drainage holes in the bottom? Another thing to consider is that they are different genetics and may grow at a different rate. The soil does look pretty wet.

greatbayorganics

greatbayorganics

The cups have holes and the medium does seem a bit damp but not drenched... I was thinking about the soil holding a little too much moisture. Can I mix in some perlite in now or will it damage the plant?

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

The cups have holes and the medium does seem a bit damp but not drenched... I was thinking about the soil holding a little too much moisture. Can I mix in some perlite in now or will it damage the plant?
I would wait until you transplant. Don't disturb the solo cup soil, but you can mix in extra perlite to your mix in your main pot. Once the root mass increases, it will be drinking a lot more frequently. Right now, I would let them dry out a little bit. Yellowing on the new leaves of a seedling is another indicator of too much water in the soil. Right now, it is hardly drinking.

greatbayorganics

greatbayorganics

I would wait until you transplant. Don't disturb the solo cup soil, but you can mix in extra perlite to your mix in your main pot. Once the root mass increases, it will be drinking a lot more frequently. Right now, I would let them dry out a little bit. Yellowing on the new leaves of a seedling is another indicator of too much water in the soil. Right now, it is hardly drinking.
Thank you for your help, will wait it out and add a bit more perlite the next time around.

greatbayorganics

greatbayorganics

Week 2/3 and the WW are moving slow, not sure if they got too wet or what. The Hot Blond is growing great and the second HB I popped a week later thank the rest is catching up. Anyone have any experience with White Widow? The soil might have been a little moist at first but it's been drying and still growing slow.

IMG 6379
BowHammer

BowHammer

Get yourself a humidity dome to put over them spray the inside with water that will keep them happy in 80 RH

greatbayorganics

greatbayorganics

Week 4 update, tried putting the small plants under a dome and it didn't change anything, humidifier was broken also so have the one from my bedroom until the new one arrives. Any thoughts?
IMG 6471

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’d put some make shift humidity domes over them until they take off. It’s easier and you won’t have to humidify so much air that won’t affect their growth or well being. A clear two liter bottle with the bottom cut off works well and for the small ones grab some clear solo cups and create a dome by cutting the rim off so they fit inside the other cups.

Top Bottom