Week 2 flower Ec / ppm for coco drip feed help

• Thread starter rockcube69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rockcube69

rockcube69

hey guys I’m current trying to dial in my ec levels for my feed, my current res after mixed nutrients and ph of 6.0 ec 1.6, my runoff is ec 2.0 is this normal? I’m also feeding everyday should I stay the same ec or go higher

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I'm growing in Coco and my understanding is to keep the run off EC lower than the feed, if run off is higher then you are getting a built up that will end up toxic and you need to lower the feed and also up your run off a little, I'm guessing that drip feeding would be similar

20kwDreams

20kwDreams

Don't feed everyday, alternate with just water see how that looks on your run off side. Alternatively you can premix a set amount say 10 gallons, because you use 5 gallons per feeding/watering. The next day you add back in 5 gallons of just water, then the next. So every 3rd day it's just water and you mix a new batch of nutes and continue that feed regiment.

Terpz719

Terpz719

Definitely don't go higher. With coco you can usually feed at a lower EC because of the regular feedings. Make sure you're getting adequate run off during each feeding, like 10%-15% of what's going into the pot.

I don't like my run off to get more then 100 ppm higher than the feed, and prefer it to be lower than what's input- that way I know they're eating and I'm not over feeding.

You also don't ever want to run straight water with coco. If you're going to flush keep some nutes. This guy has a ton of useful info related to growing in coco. Understanding Osmosis and EC - Coco For Cannabis - Science

Viking.Grow

Viking.Grow

exactly do not run straight water through! drop the EC of all feedings instead. Jungle boys run a lower EC with multiple feedings and shoot for higher medium EC its just another feed style than hitting total dry back and saturation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom