Week 3 Flowering: Help With Trimming during flowering?

• Thread starter nobodys_heroe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nobodys_heroe

nobodys_heroe

So, Weve had some stramge weather and Ive been babying these ladies for the past 4 months or so. They were started indoors and brought out at the beginning of summer. Were beginning to wind down temperature wise but its still warm (11*C) at night.

Three of these ladies are at week 3, and the 4th is actually on week 4 technically, even though it was a replacement for a 4th clone that died- it flowered first. It was a bit of a runt, as it had a shorter veg cycle so I never bothered repotting it.

Theyve suffered minor droughts, as the temps heavily range here when its hot and i cant keep an eye on them all day. The runt had heat exhaustion and then i overwatered it a little, mistakenly from a pot with nutrients in it. This gave me some nutrient burn from which it hasnt quite recovered. Im currently flushing with water, and have learned my lesson but Im worried that all four are behind in schedule. Theve been on 16/8 veg and 12/12 now and i adjust by moving them around my yard using shadows and areas with clear sunshine to my advantage. Need to know if Ive trimmed too lottle post cloning(they got a decent haircut, fan leaves, some small sprigs).but now I fear theyrr still too bushy. Advice?

Week 3 flowering help with trimming during flowering
Week 3 flowering help with trimming during flowering 2
Week 3 flowering help with trimming during flowering 3
Week 3 flowering help with trimming during flowering 4
Week 3 flowering help with trimming during flowering 5
Week 3 flowering help with trimming during flowering 6
Week 3 flowering help with trimming during flowering 7
Week 3 flowering help with trimming during flowering 8
2hitPass

2hitPass

So, Weve had some stramge weather and Ive been babying these ladies for the past 4 months or so. They were started indoors and brought out at the beginning of summer. Were beginning to wind down temperature wise but its still warm (11*C) at night.

Three of these ladies are at week 3, and the 4th is actually on week 4 technically, even though it was a replacement for a 4th clone that died- it flowered first. It was a bit of a runt, as it had a shorter veg cycle so I never bothered repotting it.

Theyve suffered minor droughts, as the temps heavily range here when its hot and i cant keep an eye on them all day. The runt had heat exhaustion and then i overwatered it a little, mistakenly from a pot with nutrients in it. This gave me some nutrient burn from which it hasnt quite recovered. Im currently flushing with water, and have learned my lesson but Im worried that all four are behind in schedule. Theve been on 16/8 veg and 12/12 now and i adjust by moving them around my yard using shadows and areas with clear sunshine to my advantage. Need to know if Ive trimmed too lottle post cloning(they got a decent haircut, fan leaves, some small sprigs).but now I fear theyrr still too bushy. Advice?
Your girls look really good, especially with the challenges you went through. Great job!
As far as defoliating more I'm not sure. Looks like your getting good light penetration through the canopy so that's good. @1diesel1 is pretty good with these things.

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Don’t mind the marking on the ground, but I would maybe trim down low where you see all the shade. Seems like it’s not getting much light down there.
43EAB983 6985 47A6 AE93 413904534705

nobodys_heroe

nobodys_heroe

Don’t mind the marking on the ground, but I would maybe trim down low where you see all the shade. Seems like it’s not getting much light down there. View attachment 1030718
Ive been wanting to do this. Im always skeptical that Im taking off to muvh at once; and that youre supposed to put weeks between trimmings to allow them to recover (apparently). I will give it a week and a half, as this strain seems fairly risiliant. Thanks for the feedback, both of you!

BudBogart

BudBogart

For the very most part, I bow to nature and believe if fewer leaves were wanted on the plant they would have evolved like that. Those leaves are solar panels, not shades. Only after the sun leaves fade and die and easily pull off do I remove. Those little shoots down at the bottom as pointed out above...I have no problem with removing those, (but I’m old and lazy) they serve no purpose ( you won’t be harvesting them), they pull a bit of energy and they are gateways for dirt bugs to access the plant.
6402509E 4192 41D3 80E0 CCF8F94924AB

Top Bottom