Week 3 of flower issues. Please help!

• Thread starter Kousinsgrow_DC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kousinsgrow_DC

Kousinsgrow_DC

Anyone able to help diagnose my issue? Week 3.5 of flower. Growing in super soil (peat moss base). 10gal fabric pots. Temps are 75-78F (lights on). 68-70F (lights off). Humidity at 45% (lights on), 50-55% (lights off).Soil ph is 6.5-7. Watering at 6.2-6.7. Noticed the issue 1st on my Turtle Pie. The other strain is Gas OG. I only water once pots are dry. About every 3-4 days. I feed compost tea about every 2 weeks. Cal mag was added about week 1 of flower.
1st 2 pics are Turtle Pie. The last 3 are the Gas OG. Video shows what they looked like at start of flower. Any help is appreciated!

Week 3 of flower issues  please help
Week 3 of flower issues  please help 2
Week 3 of flower issues  please help 3
Week 3 of flower issues  please help 4
Week 3 of flower issues  please help 5
FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Looks like some serious nutrient excess. The second picture with the purpled leaf is a good indicator this early in flower.

My guess would be calcium. I wouldn't expect you to need that in super soil. The third picture has a lot of spotting on the leaf centered.

You also have a P and Mg deficiency. I think both are being locked out by the Calcium. Could probably feed Epsom Salt and a P booster and get it cleared up quick. Especially if you drop the ph down, just for now, the calcium will drop your ph in the soil you need it to come up some.

Kousinsgrow_DC

Kousinsgrow_DC

Looks like some serious nutrient excess. The second picture with the purpled leaf is a good indicator this early in flower.

My guess would be calcium. I wouldn't expect you to need that in super soil. The third picture has a lot of spotting on the leaf centered.

You also have a P and Mg deficiency. I think both are being locked out by the Calcium. Could probably feed Epsom Salt and a P booster and get it cleared up quick. Especially if you drop the ph down, just for now, the calcium will drop your ph in the soil you need it to come up some.
Thanks for the input. So u think it's calcium deficiency or abundance? I do have oyster shell in the super soil for calcium. I fed Epsom salts when symptoms first started (thought it was sulfur deficiency) caused by too much uptake of calcium? I usually have that issue once I move them over to the strong lights.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Yeah....the spots on the upper leaves in that picture is one sign of calcium excess. From what you are saying its prob P lockout by the extra calcium causing a ph shift, and P deficiency looks like cal/mag problem. Excess calcium will also lock out Mg. I would think you would need little if any external nutrients for super soil. I would not even ph the water, the super soil will buffer itself.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Also looking at the video and as green as the plants were, you have available nutrients in the soil, something is locking out what it needs right now, which is P. Calcium excess is the most likely culprit.

Your plants looked really nice and alll is not lost. Should see a change in a week by adding epsom salt and un-ph'd water. Though dead is dead and will not come back.

Kousinsgrow_DC

Kousinsgrow_DC

Also looking at the video and as green as the plants were, you have available nutrients in the soil, something is locking out what it needs right now, which is P. Calcium excess is the most likely culprit.

Your plants looked really nice and alll is not lost. Should see a change in a week by adding epsom salt and un-ph'd water. Though dead is dead and will not come back.
Thanks for the advice. I will give it a shot. My filtered water comes out about 7.6. Should I bring it down to 7.0. Or the 7.6 is good?

nomdeplume

nomdeplume

Thanks for the advice. I will give it a shot. My filtered water comes out about 7.6. Should I bring it down to 7.0. Or the 7.6 is good?
Absolutely not. 7.6 is awful. Each point represents an exponential increase of 10 times. You need to get your Ph between 5.8 and 6.2. That's the sweet spot. Poor Ph will lock out nutrients. First, you should leach them with 1/4 strength nutrient solution. A ratio of I gallon of water to one gallon of dirt. You don't want water devoid of nutrients it will pull the nutrients in the plant BACK OUT of the plants. The osmosis will work in reverse in RO water. So you need to bring that Ph down to around 6.2 through leaching with a light solution (1/4 strength) then feed regularly making sure to get about 5 to 10% run off so your Ph will stay in the right zone.

T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
You need to get your Ph between 5.8 and 6.2. That's the sweet spot.

Okay thank you.

The water you water with must, not rise quickly, make sure when you lower it is stays lowered or it will mess up the growing medium, then the plant.

Top Bottom