Week 4 flower Issues, please help!

• Thread starter Wyfizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Wyfizzle

Okay guys, I’m in coco growing Gorilla Cookies Auto. I have been using Gia Green dry amendments and top dressed about 2 weeks ago. Everything has been going well until the past week and a half, I have been watering with PH at 6.5 and am now starting to really see some deficiencies, I am thinking it is cal mag def, I started watering once a week with cal mag but no sign of improvements. I used my Nuke heads soil ph tester and have been getting a reading of 6.1. I know its accuracy Is about - .1 so I figured 6.0 is still a little low for organics. Just watered with pH 7.0 and it raised to 6.36 ( -.1 = 6.26 ). Should I water a couple more times with a higher PH or what do you guys think. ( my water PH pen has been on point and calibrated often and I know is reading correctly) if anyone can verify
What def I’m running into and some help, I would greatly appreciate it. And yes I should have went with BlueLab Soil tester instead.
Thanks for any feedback!

Week 4 flower issues please help
Week 4 flower issues please help 2
Week 4 flower issues please help 3
Week 4 flower issues please help 4
Week 4 flower issues please help 5
Week 4 flower issues please help 6
Week 4 flower issues please help 7
Week 4 flower issues please help 8
Week 4 flower issues please help 9
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I think it is fluctuating pH that is causing this. I see no sign of a Ca deficiency.

DISCLAIMER: I never grew anything in coco.

W

Wyfizzle

Thank you for your response! I will work on getting PH in check and stabilized.

breedwheel

breedwheel

I now have pretty much grown in coco only for a while. I have never fooled with testing my soil pH so I'm not sure about that. Kind of does look like your pH. I keep my pH around 5.8 in veg and 6.2 in flower. If its just coco/perlite your range should be 5.5-6.5

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I do use GG but do not grow in coco, so that's where your issues may lie. I also see you have not been adding any Epsom salts - which are pretty much required. Looks like Mg deficiency to me from the LED you are running. Your coco also looks really dry, perhaps check out the thread by @Aqua Man in regards to watering coco.

You are also combining synthetic and organic grow styles. This isn't going to work. How can you build a healthy active microbial life to break down nutrients if you just continue to kill it off with synthetic calmag and pH additives?

Turn down your light intensity as well these plants are not happy and maintaining that light level won't help a thing

W

Wyfizzle

Thank you! I appreciate all the great feedback and info, I have had a couple successful grows with just GG / coco / perlite and this is the first time I have had this issue and was pretty lost on what could be happening. I do see that supplementing CalMag probably could have hurt the situation more at this point. I will probably go back to Soil when running Organics. I moved to coco cause it seemed to have less attraction to Gnats than the soil did out here in Las Vegas during the summer. I was running into issues getting bags of soil already infested. But I’m thinking to just move back to soil and sterilize and just use synthetic nutes for coco from here. I also did not think to add Epsom salts either so thank you for the great feedback. Will also turn down light intensity as well. Glad this community is here to help!

W

Wyfizzle

I now have pretty much grown in coco only for a while. I have never fooled with testing my soil pH so I'm not sure about that. Kind of does look like your pH. I keep my pH around 5.8 in veg and 6.2 in flower. If its just coco/perlite your range should be 5.5-6.5
Awesome thank you for feedback, at this point I’m thinking there might be a couple different issues going on, PH I think is one of the main ones. I’ll keep the thread updated if anything changes!

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Thank you! I appreciate all the great feedback and info, I have had a couple successful grows with just GG / coco / perlite and this is the first time I have had this issue and was pretty lost on what could be happening. I do see that supplementing CalMag probably could have hurt the situation more at this point. I will probably go back to Soil when running Organics. I moved to coco cause it seemed to have less attraction to Gnats than the soil did out here in Las Vegas during the summer. I was running into issues getting bags of soil already infested. But I’m thinking to just move back to soil and sterilize and just use synthetic nutes for coco from here. I also did not think to add Epsom salts either so thank you for the great feedback. Will also turn down light intensity as well. Glad this community is here to help!

good luck you definitely have the right attitude! There are a couple great threads on this forum and it's packed full of information and very knowledgeable/helpful peeps :)

Pretty much once you choose to go with an organic dry amendment your hands are kind of tied to what other product(s) you can use if you want to be successful. And certain combinations def work better than others - high fertigation coco and synthetics are a dream combination, similar to peat/soil based mediums and organic dry amendments

Latest posts

Top Bottom