Week 4 Flowering, Fan Leaves Drooping

• Thread starter meyer lansky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
meyer lansky

meyer lansky

hey, so its just hit week 4 of flowering, i can start seeing buds coming up and white hairs on the buds growing each day, the question i have, my fan leaves are green but they are drooping down and the new growth that is coming out is also slightly clawing, but they are not yellowing and are a nice green color, i have been trying to figure out what is causing this problem, from the very start when transferring the plants from veg to flower since i dont have too much experience in growing, i ended up vegging the plants for too long and when i transitioned it to the flower room the veg plants were very tall, taller than usual, so the grow is a hydroponic grow and i hung up 2 set of trallis nets and before i transitioned into 12/12 i ducked most of the tall plants underneath the 1st set of trallis nets then as the weeks progressed i ducked them under the 2nd set of trallis nets, i used "the beast" which is a growth regulator right on the 1st week so they wont grow any more, which they did obv but not for too long, maybe a few inches before they stopped and started to bloom and bud, now i am on week 4 of flowering the strains are all the same "sour diesel" and ive started the nutes at 1/4 strength to the following week at 1/2 strength and so forth. The nutes i am using are base nutes SBA SBB, diamond nector, cal mag, silicia and i as i went towards weeks 3 and 4 i started to add carbo load, sweet raw, terpinator and koolblum, so now the buds are getting bigger each week but the fan leaves are still drooping down, not all the way but almost all the way.

So my with all the research and speaking to some people at various hydroponic stores, i got 2 different reasons as to why this can be happening,the 1st reason was roots werent getting enough oxygen, which when i checked underneath the cocomats the roots were passed the cocomats and very long and clean and white like long spaghetti, the other reason i got from most of the people and doing research is heat stress, since i was growing them under 1000w HPS lights and as they got slighly taller right after using "the beast" to stop there growth thats the issue that i thought that was causing fan leaves to droop as they felt dry on top and on the bottom they were fine, so anyway a few days ago i decided to make the 5 4x8 tables under 10 1000w HPS lights hang up glass on them and duct them all together with a exhaust fan pushing air from basement outside window (actually 2 sets of fans pushing each row of the outside air in colorado all the way thru and then ran a Y DUCT into another room with a window and another fan sucking up all the air coming thru which hopefully will turn those lights into cool HPS lights with glass and duct connected to each light.

So my 1 st question is can i make a good crop with the fan leaves always being slightly facing down but the buds are looking quite good, would i be able to harvest a good crop with these kind of problems? i mean the plants are not dying or look like there dying andi dont want to jinx anything, just wanted to know if i could harvest a good crop with fan leaves drooping down.

And 2nd if someone can give me some good recommendations on what i can do for the last 4 weeks of the grow if the cool tubeHPS isnt going to work, is there any additives i can add into the res'z or maybe spray something via foliage (which i have been spraying "magic green" once a week when the lights turn off

Please advise and any recommendations or opinions would be helpful?

Thanks
Meyer

meyer lansky

meyer lansky

i will try and also get some pictures up as soon as possible

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

The clawing is more than likely too much N, cut your N back! The fan leaves drooping very well could be heat. Hard to say without knowing the temps. But 10 1000watt hps bulbs has to be as hot as the sun. It would take something more than cooltube venting to cool. A lot more!.

You can finish as is, but high N alone will diminish your flowering a bit, plus high heat...you'll harvest far less than you could be getting along with airy wispy buds due to high heat.

Last edited:
meyer lansky

meyer lansky

my temp around the room is between 75-80 degrees, plus i have a 3 ton ac system down there in the basement with a thermo sensor and i set it to whatever i feel i should on some days, sometime i set it to 75-77 but its about a 1000 sq foot room with 5 4x8 tables and 2 1000w HPS lights under each table so if i was to divide the tables for example like 4x4 each 1000w HPS is under each 4x4,so the temp is under control,with all the nutrients i speificied which ones should i back down on that has nitrogen? your opinion would be greatly appreciated, please help? i am also thinking of adding rock resenator towards week 4-5-6 and 7 and then flush for the final week, do you have any other additives that i can add that would be able to help me with increasing the yeild? i will show you a picture in a few day as soon as i get back from my 3 day vacation.

So putting in "nitorogen boost" in the res is out of the questions correct?

meyer lansky

meyer lansky

oh and i forgot to mention besides for the 3 ton ac i have installed seperatly i also have about 6-7 fans on the wall circulating the air around the room

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Ah no worries there ..you mentioned someone telling you possibly heat. Pictures would help lots! ... I'll have a long post coming in a few

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Check the e.c. of your water/runoff...you are pounding them. I bet its pretty high. Honestly IMO you can drop half of what you're using.

A couple of additives you're using does the same thing. Keep using your base nutes...your bloom booster if you like (koolbloom), calmag, silica, now....

Diamond nectar
Carboload
Sweet raw
Terpinator

Replace all 4 of those with "liquid karma" if you feel you need to run something along the lines of those 4.

There is no magic product that guarantees a big healthy yield of great smelling and tasting bud. You have a lot of money invested it seems..you should be achieving great yields..with 2 1000watt lights per table. Don't over think and over do it!

A lot depends on how long you veged..how well you trained..and what strain or strains you're growing.

Be easy!

meyer lansky

meyer lansky

Check the e.c. of your water/runoff...you are pounding them. I bet its pretty high. Honestly IMO you can drop half of what you're using.

A couple of additives you're using does the same thing. Keep using your base nutes...your bloom booster if you like (koolbloom), calmag, silica, now....

Diamond nectar
Carboload
Sweet raw
Terpinator

Replace all 4 of those with "liquid karma" if you feel you need to run something along the lines of those 4.

There is no magic product that guarantees a big healthy yield of great smelling and tasting bud. You have a lot of money invested it seems..you should be achieving great yields..with 2 1000watt lights per table. Don't over think and over do it!

A lot depends on how long you veged..how well you trained..and what strain or strains you're growing.

Be easy!

hey,i veged them alittle longer than usual, they were about 3 1/2 - 4 inches tall inside a 4x4 cube, so when i put them into the flower room i had to start ducking them thru the tallis nets so they wouldnt be reaching the light and getting heat burns, i acheived that but then after i used "the beast" which is a growth regulator usually used in the 2nd or 3rd week of flower, which stops them from growing and starts the buding process, i used "the beast" on the 1st week so i can stop the growth right away, now as you said, for me not to use some of my nutes except for the base nutes (SBA an SBB)
calmag, silicia and then you suggest i stop using diamond nector, carboload, sweet raw and terpinator, which other aditives would you suggest i use instead of thouse, ive been using most of them from week 1 like carboload and diamond nector and then week 3 i started to add sweet raw and terpinator.

NOw what is this liquid karma? is it some kind of additive or something, i will do some research on that and you think i should stop using those last 4 u mentioned or maybe use them 1/4 strength?? what would you do in this situation, as soon as i get back i will take pictures of the plants and show them to you, maybe you can come up with some kind of idea that i can use instead of those 4, which i used on my 1st crop of "SOUR DIESEL" and this crop is the same strain "SOUR DEISEL" would you suggest maybe i flush all my rez for a week and then start with something else, bc i feel after researching everything it is because caused by heat stress, but now since a few days before i left on vaca i changed up my lights to cool tube and put glass on all of the 10 1000w HPS lights and attached them to ducting and connected the ducting from the beginnning from a window downstairs in the basement and attached 2 fans with AIR coming in and at the end of all the lights i took the duct connected it to a Y DUCT from the 2 last lights and put the duct into another room next door and attached it to a window and had a fan sucking up all the air outside.

so which additives do you think i shoul be using replacing those last 4 u mentioned, i was thinking of "rock resinator" and superthrive" but i was still considering using all the nutes that i mentioned, please give me your advice as to what you think i should be using as week 4 just passed this friday going on week 5? do you think i should flush them for 1 week with regular PH'ed water? or what?

pleaes help i would love your opinion.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Well..when you run so many additives and have issues...it makes it nearly impossible to find the culprit. I read up on "the beast" did you read up on it..here's their link to it. you could clean and empty the res and feed with a lower strength for a week..then ramp back up in week 5 if you like. I recommend ditching those 4 I mentioned because a couple of them "do the same thing". Liquid Karma is basically all 4 in 1. Terpinator is all hype don't waste your money.

Better yet ask yourself WHY do you use

Diamond nectar?
Carbo load?
Sweet raw?
Terpinator?

Now you mention wanting to use super thrive, (I think you mean supercharge) WHY? Rock resonator, WHY?

Read the PGR's on these products.

Do you not trust that your base nutes, calmag, silica, and koolbloom will achieve what you desire? Trust, you don't have to beat your gals up with additives to get them to produce prize yields.

meyer lansky

meyer lansky

Well..when you run so many additives and have issues...it makes it nearly impossible to find the culprit. I read up on "the beast" did you read up on it..here's their link to it. you could clean and empty the res and feed with a lower strength for a week..then ramp back up in week 5 if you like. I recommend ditching those 4 I mentioned because a couple of them "do the same thing". Liquid Karma is basically all 4 in 1. Terpinator is all hype don't waste your money.

Better yet ask yourself WHY do you use

Diamond nectar?
Carbo load?
Sweet raw?
Terpinator?

Now you mention wanting to use super thrive, (I think you mean supercharge) WHY? Rock resonator, WHY?

Read the PGR's on these products.

Do you not trust that your base nutes, calmag, silica, and koolbloom will achieve what you desire? Trust, you don't have to beat your gals up with additives to get them to produce prize yields.

Hey Simplecomplex, Thanks for all your help and research, so the 4 additives you are saying not to use them, becuase thats just going to up my e.c so i rather just stay with my base products (SBA SBB CalMag and silicia, the rest of them your saying i just should just stop using them?? like diamond nector, carbo load, sweet raw and terpinator?

now superthrive is something i found that alot of people use when your plants are in stress, no it is not supercharge its called "superthrive" here i the link for it "https://www.amazon.com/Superthrive-...d=1483309455&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=suprthrive" you basically drop 1 drop per gallon and it is used among people that have there plant stressing out especially heat stress:

So what you guy suggest is just do a flush with PH'ed water 5.8 for a couple of days and then start off my with about 1/4 strentgh of the base nutes (SBA SBB calmag and silicia) and that is it? no other additives in the rez??? alot of people told me that rock resinator is good to use towards the end of the cycle like weeks 4-5-6 and then weeks 7-8 just flush with PH'ed water, is that what you guys are recommending? i would appreciate some opinions especially from simplycomplex who has been helping me out on this thread for the last several days and of course any other of you folks that can give me some good info on what to do from week 4 and on, i will also be putting up pictures within the next few days as soon as i get back from vacation,

ONe more thing, from my last crop i was using 1 other nute that i havent mentioned here because some ppl told me that they dont like it, the nute is "Floralicious Plus" it 1 of the many nutes that i used on my last crop that i used very little off it make the water dark i was using anywhere between 1 and 1.5 ML a gallon in the rez, what do you guys think about that nutrient (floralicious Plus) please let me know as well.

Thanks fellows for all your help

meyer lansky

meyer lansky

Hey Simplecomplex, Thanks for all your help and research, so the 4 additives you are saying not to use them, becuase thats just going to up my e.c so i rather just stay with my base products (SBA SBB CalMag and silicia, the rest of them your saying i just should just stop using them?? like diamond nector, carbo load, sweet raw and terpinator?

now superthrive is something i found that alot of people use when your plants are in stress, no it is not supercharge its called "superthrive" here i the link for it "https://www.amazon.com/Superthrive-...d=1483309455&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=suprthrive" you basically drop 1 drop per gallon and it is used among people that have there plant stressing out especially heat stress:

So what you guy suggest is just do a flush with PH'ed water 5.8 for a couple of days and then start off my with about 1/4 strentgh of the base nutes (SBA SBB calmag and silicia) and that is it? no other additives in the rez??? alot of people told me that rock resinator is good to use towards the end of the cycle like weeks 4-5-6 and then weeks 7-8 just flush with PH'ed water, is that what you guys are recommending? i would appreciate some opinions especially from simplycomplex who has been helping me out on this thread for the last several days and of course any other of you folks that can give me some good info on what to do from week 4 and on, i will also be putting up pictures within the next few days as soon as i get back from vacation,

ONe more thing, from my last crop i was using 1 other nute that i havent mentioned here because some ppl told me that they dont like it, the nute is "Floralicious Plus" it 1 of the many nutes that i used on my last crop that i used very little off it make the water dark i was using anywhere between 1 and 1.5 ML a gallon in the rez, what do you guys think about that nutrient (floralicious Plus) please let me know as well.

oh and im sorry i missed 1 of the nutrients that i should be using is koolblum

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Your base nutes, calmag, silica, raw, and koolbloom is fine. Truthfully everything you're using is fine..but you have to realize you're using them with each other and dosage needs to decrease, until you know they will tolerate them. Although most of us will advise against using everything you're using. I myself use koolbloom, liquid in early flower, powder in mid/late flower.

Superthrive may reduce stress and promote root growth. A much better option is...NOT to stress your gals through YOUR mishaps. (Learn from these mistskes) I wouldn't buy superthrive thinking it's gonna be a cure.

Baby these gals for a week..then slowly increase their food...some strains don't put on weight until the last couple weeks so don't worry about this week of low nutes.

Why the fixation on rock resonator?
Koolbloom is essentially the same product.

Rock resonator npk 0-7-8
Liquid koolbloom npk 0-10-10
Dry koolbloom npk 2-45-28

Look at every nute your using npk, and what they do!

meyer lansky

meyer lansky

i see what your saying simplycmplex, so should i flush out all the nutes and flush the gals with plaing ph water for 3-4 days and then just use the basic base nutes with some calmag silica and raw and start it off after the flush with 1/4 strength? and then just run my way up with the e.c with them until about week 7 then i can start the flush again and get ready for harvest?should that be fine?

so just stop using terpinator, carboload and diamond nector?

oh and what about floralicious plus should i use that as well? since i havent used it once on this crop because i was trying to use a different formula, what do you suggest?

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

i see what your saying simplycmplex, so should i flush out all the nutes and flush the gals with plaing ph water for 3-4 days and then just use the basic base nutes with some calmag silica and raw and start it off after the flush with 1/4 strength? and then just run my way up with the e.c with them until about week 7 then i can start the flush again and get ready for harvest?should that be fine?

Exactly

so just stop using terpinator, carboload and diamond nector?

oh and what about floralicious plus should i use that as well? since i havent used it once on this crop because i was trying to use a different formula, what do you suggest?

I would stop using those 3.

2.0-0.8-0.02 is the npk of floralicious plus it's a supposed color and aroma enhancer, I'm skeptical you'd notice a difference in either. RAW should do both of those! Raw contains sucrose, fructose, and glucose plenty of carbs, IMO use either or...NOT both.

meyer lansky

meyer lansky

thank you for all the information, 1 more thing simplycmplex, does it matter what the tempature of the water is? bc my hose downstairs in the basement is coming out just cold, should i just put alittle bit of hot water and make it warm or is cold water just fine?

meyer lansky

meyer lansky

oh and also ive been reading from other threads that when i flush alot of people in this thread recommend for me to use alittle carboload with the regular ph water when i flush, what do you think? should i just use regular ph water and put alittle carboload in there for the sugar or just PLAIN PH water?

thanks

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

thank you for all the information, 1 more thing simplycmplex, does it matter what the tempature of the water is? bc my hose downstairs in the basement is coming out just cold, should i just put alittle bit of hot water and make it warm or is cold water just fine?

Cold

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

oh and also ive been reading from other threads that when i flush alot of people in this thread recommend for me to use alittle carboload with the regular ph water when i flush, what do you think? should i just use regular ph water and put alittle carboload in there for the sugar or just PLAIN PH water?

thanks

I myself use plain ph'd water. That doesn't mean my way is best. I suppose it's all personal preference.

Top Bottom