Week 5 Flower, I Think I Got Hermit Plants. What To Do

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

so out of my whole room . 24 plants.. i got 5 purple chem that i got feminized seeds from cali conn and their showing signs of hermies. i don't know for sure if that what it is, but it looks like it.. what should i do?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Pics?cant say for sure without pics but it really depends on the situation.how far along are they?r they all herming or just one or two?are theyr lots of male parts or just the odd nanner?

D.I.Y

D.I.Y

Pick the boy bits off and keep an eye on them.try not to drop the pollen.I usually pop them in my gob and chew them up and spit them out when i,ve done.I have had the same problem with cali connect.I must admit its not just cali conn I seem to be able to make most strains pop a few boy bits mostly ones with any kind of og in them

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

One of my best plants this year was a Cali connection Deadhead og.

I was actually surprised not to find any nanners as I let her go 10 weeks.

Chemdog and crosses. Including OG's and diesels tend to throw late but weak or impotent stamen.

In fact chemdog was grown from a bag seed in the first place.

Pick them off and if they don't come back bad you will be fine. You may find a seed or two hidden. I always plant them. They are feminized self seeds. They can be a bit different than the mom but will share many characteristics.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Carey pluck with tweezers into a full of water.

These must be in the bud, correct? I'd remove any and all hermies asap. Miss one, and if the power spreads and it's viable, your entire room is at risk.

vangs

vangs

Pics?cant say for sure without pics but it really depends on the situation.how far along are they?r they all herming or just one or two?are theyr lots of male parts or just the odd nanner?
mid week 5... wand i think its just odd naners.. like i still can't tell, im just assuming from what i read about it but im not sure if it is... basically i got 24 plants. diffrent strains but only my 5 purple chem that were fem seeds looks like their hermies.. the other plants were from clone. its only happening from the purple chem.. i still can't tell if its just the bud starting to bulk in week 5 or if its namers... when i try taking pics it doesnt come out good enough where someone can rely see it

vangs

vangs

Pick the boy bits off and keep an eye on them.try not to drop the pollen.I usually pop them in my gob and chew them up and spit them out when i,ve done.I have had the same problem with cali connect.I must admit its not just cali conn I seem to be able to make most strains pop a few boy bits mostly ones with any kind of og in them
ive popped plenty of fems and never had this issue.

vangs

vangs

One of my best plants this year was a Cali connection Deadhead og.

I was actually surprised not to find any nanners as I let her go 10 weeks.

Chemdog and crosses. Including OG's and diesels tend to throw late but weak or impotent stamen.

In fact chemdog was grown from a bag seed in the first place.

Pick them off and if they don't come back bad you will be fine. You may find a seed or two hidden. I always plant them. They are feminized self seeds. They can be a bit different than the mom but will share many characteristics.
love the deadhead og. i think tuts one of their best strains... it doesnt look like theirs much. just the top of the plant.. if i let it grow last 3 weeks will pollen spread?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

love the deadhead og. i think tuts one of their best strains... it doesnt look like theirs much. just the top of the plant.. if i let it grow last 3 weeks will pollen spread?

If we are talking about single small nanners a few here and there. Pick them off and see if they keep coming back.

If they grow in bunches or actual male flowers on a little stalk I would consider more drastic measures.

I usually never see more than 1 or 2 re appear and almost no seeds and my flowers are all togetherbin diffent weeks perpetually. So my situation is actually the supposedly risky one.

vangs

vangs

If we are talking about single small nanners a few here and there. Pick them off and see if they keep coming back.

If they grow in bunches or actual male flowers on a little stalk I would consider more drastic measures.

I usually never see more than 1 or 2 re appear and almost no seeds and my flowers are all togetherbin diffent weeks perpetually. So my situation is actually the supposedly risky one.
what about buying a bottle of optic foliar... it said its made for hermit plants... and its very little namers. if thats what they are... nothing crazy.. i will try and pick them off.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

what about buying a bottle of optic foliar... it said its made for hermit plants... and its very little namers. if thats what they are... nothing crazy.. i will try and pick them off.

I don't know that product. I don't use any additives and never have used sprays.

Bearfamfarm

Bearfamfarm

I may be able to add a bit of insight from personal experience. I have purple Chem from cali connect. My first run with her I experienced mad nanners. Ended up seeding all the lowers but my tops stayed unaffected. 70+seeds. I followed my usual routine with her. Topping lst pushing nutes hard and backing off. I found that with stress this girl herms mad. But it is so frosty super potent and purples really nice with a good flush and darkness at the end. So I ran her again with less stress. Didn't push nutes as hard and less lst. Only found 1 seed and 5-6 premature white ones. Ran it. Third time and just went one node and flip and didn't touch her. 0 seeds. My conclusion. She hates stress in flower. Get her where you want her and flip the lights and let her go. None of my other strains have this issue except purple Chem. Hope this help.

vangs

vangs

I may be able to add a bit of insight from personal experience. I have purple Chem from cali connect. My first run with her I experienced mad nanners. Ended up seeding all the lowers but my tops stayed unaffected. 70+seeds. I followed my usual routine with her. Topping lst pushing nutes hard and backing off. I found that with stress this girl herms mad. But it is so frosty super potent and purples really nice with a good flush and darkness at the end. So I ran her again with less stress. Didn't push nutes as hard and less lst. Only found 1 seed and 5-6 premature white ones. Ran it. Third time and just went one node and flip and didn't touch her. 0 seeds. My conclusion. She hates stress in flower. Get her where you want her and flip the lights and let her go. None of my other strains have this issue except purple Chem. Hope this help.

well on thursday night my lights go off 10pm but my transformer blew and the lights went out at 6pm and then the following day friday my lights were off up until 3pm then my lights were on... do you think that caused them to stress cuz i didn't have anything before then

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Great post of your experience. Thank you.

I want to add that growing as stress free to the plants as possible has brought out better qualities in difficult strains like chem, OG, diesel/Thai hybrids but also in easy to grow stabilized strains like northern lights in my garden.

Especially fertilizing as close to their needs as possible without over or sometimes worse, under doing it.

I always found the lights and air flow and general environment easy to get my head around. But the feeding....

Bearfamfarm

Bearfamfarm

Yes sir @MIMedGrower

The pheno hunt is the worst for me. Sure all 10 are bubba cookies from csi. But all 10 feed different. What a pain. Lol. My notebook is getting thick.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes sir @MIMedGrower

The pheno hunt is the worst for me. Sure all 10 are bubba cookies from csi. But all 10 feed different. What a pain. Lol. My notebook is getting thick.

I have abandoned keeping clones recently. I am finishing my last one soon.

I keep growing better plants from new seeds. My collection seems to have plenty of surprises still.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
be sure to keep a mister bottle with water with you. wet the affected area before you go pickin at them. Drop them in a glass of water. Then as your leaving the room gently mist the areas one more time for added measure. Do at lights on or just coming on so you dont burn any foliage with hid lights.

Be sure to change your clothes and wash your hands before going back into your grow. Think this is overkill.?? Not really considering you run the risk of pollinating the entire grow.

If they continue to come back cull the offenders and call it a loss. Better than seeding your whole crop

vangs

vangs

so i
I have abandoned keeping clones recently. I am finishing my last one soon.

I keep growing better plants from new seeds. My collection seems to have plenty of surprises still.
so i think my plants did hermie... i don't see any "manners" but you can tell it kind of looks like light bleach.... so my transformer blew.. normally my lights run 10am to 10pm... thursday night my power went 6pm so instead of turning off at 10pm it turned off at 6pm.. then the next day friday, electrician got my power up at 2pm.. and friday lights were on 2pm until 10pm but then the power went again but it was during dark period so it was ok, but all of saterday the light was off. then sunday electrician fixed the problem and lights came on at 1pm but went of at 6pm again... today the lights came on at 10am.. finally fixed the issue. but thats what happened thursay, friday, saterday and sunday.... could that cause them to hermit??? also on saterday it was about 85-90f all day in the room and humidity was 70%plus, but just for 1 day.... could that cause them to hermie ? i noticed that not all my plants hermied but enough did. are they gunna stop producing bud?

Top Bottom