Week 5 of flower need help

• Thread starter GardenWeasel77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

I flipped to 12/12 on January 28. At the time my plants were nutrient deficient and haven't really improved. In fact leaves continue to turn yellow then brown and fall off. Every day it seems I am pruning more dead leaves. I bought some gh flora bloom a week ago and began using it.

Anyway my buds seem very small for week five of flower. More alarming than that 2 of my 3 plants seemed to have stopped growing all together. The buds seem to just stay the same size day after day.

This is my first grow and I have put months of effort into this. I really want to have a successful harvest. Is their anything I can do to salvage this grow?

Week 5 of flower need help
Week 5 of flower need help 2
coherent

coherent

For some reason you double posted this. Maybe delete one?
OK, just my guess... Looks like P deficiency. Usually happens 2-5 weeks after flower when the plants needs change. Depends on soil etc. Lower the N if any and raise the P. You didn't say how much bloom you've fed, but I'd increase it. Might also give it a little cal mag if you haven't.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Some veg nutrients seem a little too low in P, then when the demand rises in flower, there's trouble.

I'm not sure about Cal Mag here. P can be deficient when there's too much cal.

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

I flipped to 12/12 on January 28. At the time my plants were nutrient deficient and haven't really improved. In fact leaves continue to turn yellow then brown and fall off. Every day it seems I am pruning more dead leaves. I bought some gh flora bloom a week ago and began using it.

Anyway my buds seem very small for week five of flower. More alarming than that 2 of my 3 plants seemed to have stopped growing all together. The buds seem to just stay the same size day after day.

This is my first grow and I have put months of effort into this. I really want to have a successful harvest. Is their anything I can do to salvage this grow?
Hey dude I was almost dealing with the same thing but not quite as extreme. A major flush can turn things around for you. I think your way over nuted and have hot soil. Stuff is being locked out on you. What is your soil ph and ppm from the runoff?

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

For some reason you double posted this. Maybe delete one?
OK, just my guess... Looks like P deficiency. Usually happens 2-5 weeks after flower when the plants needs change. Depends on soil etc. Lower the N if any and raise the P. You didn't say how much bloom you've fed, but I'd increase it. Might also give it a little cal mag if you haven't.
Hi thank you. I am feeding a tablespoon of bloom per gallon of water.

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Hey dude I was almost dealing with the same thing but not quite as extreme. A major flush can turn things around for you. I think your way over nuted and have hot soil. Stuff is being locked out on you. What is your soil ph and ppm from the runoff?
Runoff oh was 5.6. unfortunately I don't have a ppm meter.

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

Alrighty that's definitely low and you are locking out a little bit of stuff. I would give them a good flush of water ph'd to 7 and see how much you can raise that ph. Is it a super soil? You don't want to do that if it is. How many gal is your planter?

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Alrighty that's definitely low and you are locking out a little bit of stuff. I would give them a good flush of water ph'd to 7 and see how much you can raise that ph. Is it a super soil? You don't want to do that if it is. How many gal is your planter?
Nah it's ffof. My planter is 3 gallons.

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

They do look like they are starving. I would Feed them some nutes at 400ppm including water and feed until it runs off 10% or greater. Your yield will be greatly effected with them like they are

Without a ppm meter I'd give them 1/3 strength solutions ph'd to 7!

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

......where do the golks get off saying this is a P def?

Im not the most exp farmer and i can say this wo sounding like a complete idiot...

If thats a P def.........well, its not!

A tbsp of bloom per gallon!! Theres your problem bro. I woukd just give s 400ppm feed, like cast stated, with the 10% runoff. This will move those built up nutes around in the pot...

Pippins

Pippins

I'd switch up nutrients, whatever you're feeding now isn't working for you. You might have a messed up soil PH or PPMs, so I'd check on those. I'd get a bag of Maxibloom and start immediately feeding 500 ppms to start, ph the water to around 6 each time. If you don't have a ph meter, buy a kit, they work better than nothing. Feed them each time you water and feed enough to get plenty of runoff. When I try new nutrients and something goes wrong, I always go back to maxibloom and end up killing it. Good luck OP!

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

I'd switch up nutrients, whatever you're feeding now isn't working for you. You might have a messed up soil PH or PPMs, so I'd check on those. I'd get a bag of Maxibloom and start immediately feeding 500 ppms to start, ph the water to around 6 each time. If you don't have a ph meter, buy a kit, they work better than nothing. Feed them each time you water and feed enough to get plenty of runoff. When I try new nutrients and something goes wrong, I always go back to maxibloom and end up killing it. Good luck OP!

He doesn't want his ph that low as its under 6 right now. He needs to bring it up to at least 6.2-6.6 to be effective in soil especially organic like he is running. 500 is a little strong if his ppm is already high in his soil. It likely is and locked out most nutes at 5.6 in that medium. 400ppm is even high but without knowing the ppm runoff it's a good guess. 300ppm may be even better.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

He doesn't want his ph that low as its under 6 right now. He needs to bring it up to at least 6.2-6.6 to be effective in soil especially organic like he is running. 500 is a little strong if his ppm is already high in his soil. It likely is and locked out most nutes at 5.6 in that medium. 400ppm is even high but without knowing the ppm runoff it's a good guess. 300ppm may be even better.

To bring the ph up you can top dress with dolomite lime or gypsum. Gyp might be a better option a lil more forgiving imo. Dolomite can be about 7.7 gyp about 7.2.

Point is ph needs to higher than 6. You give it a 6 and your soil is a 5.8. Really you are giving it a 5.9 i think....your ph is low it cant buffer as well if it were 6.5 to 7. In soil we want a ph around 6.3 to 7 roughly speaking. At this point you have to add a higher ph like 6.5 to 6.8 because the acidc 5.8 will come up to 6.3 to 6.5. You are .5 ph from being where you need to be. That's 6.3 or so....

If your soil ph was 7 and you gave it 6.3 you have the ph range of 6.3 to 7.0 covered

Now if you give it a 6.3 and soil is 5.8...you are covering ph in the opposite direction...

5.8+.5=6.3+.5=6.8
If that math doesn't make sense let me know

Edit:
Liming your soil in wk5 isnt going to much. Keep this info for the future...your ph issues arent going to get fixed soon enough to make dramatic change.

Are these autos? What strain?

Last edited:
GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Hi all, so I flushed my soil twice and bud production seems to have increased. The leaves still look like shit but at least the buds are swelling up.

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

I've recently moved indoors, and have been using FFOF as well. Here's a few things I've learned-
1. Don't ph your water, unless it's waayyyy outside of neutral. I was ph'ing to 6.3 and growth was steadily slowing down. I checked the runoff and it was in the low 5's, so I started using plain filtered tap water, around 6.9 ph. Plants perked right up. Whatever is buffering in the soil works.
2. Go very light when feeding in FFOF. My first feeding was around week 4 from sprout, and it was 1/3 strength (EarthJuice Elements). That was enough to cause the beginnings of N overdose and some other burn/lockout symptoms on a few leaves. I caught it right away, cause I'm ocd like that, but it taught me to go real light in that soil.
Sounds like you got it flushed and under control, just be careful with nute strength. Cheers!

Latest posts

Top Bottom