Week 6 flowering leaves not looking the best -

• Thread starter homestead67
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
homestead67

homestead67

Hello all. With my last post, I got some great advice. Hopeful I can get some more.

I have noticed some discoloration on one of my 4 plants' leaves. I have the photo's included but let me start with my configuration. The issue I believe is with one of the marmalate's. Ya, the ID tags got mixed up at some point.

1. Grown from seed. 2 - Delicious Seeds, Marmalate and 2 - Mamiko Seeds, Accord. Photoperiods-
2. Plants are 6 weeks and 4 days into flower.
3. Plants are about 24". They were LST'd but after the stretch, they are 24"
4. 5 gallon fabric pots.

a. First 10 days, the seedlings grew in nursery pots.
b. At 10 days transplanted them into 3 gallon fabric pots
c. At 48 days (5 weeks 3 days) transplanted into 5 gallon pots

5. Fox Farms Happy Frog potting soil
6. Water around once a week or when dry with 1.5 galllons of water per pot. 25ml CALMAG added per gallon.
7. pH is around 6.2 -6.5. (not sure how well my tester is or how well I am testing)
8. I have been using dry amendment fertilizers.

a. Earth Juice Rainbow Mix Pro Grow 8-6-3
1. Added 1 tablespoon to one gallon of soil for nursery pots and germination.
2. First transplant to 3 gallon pots, I mixed 3 tablespoons for each pot then transplanted.
i. 2 weeks after transplant, I top dressed with the rainbow mix. 6 tablespoons per pot.

b. Dr. Earth Flower Girl 3-9-4
1. Mixed 1/2CUP Dr. Earth Flower girl with 5 gallons of soil and transplanted to it.
2. I top dressed each plant with 4 TBS of the Flower girl 3 weeks into flowering.

9. I do not spray anything
10. MarsHydro TSW2000 LED grow lights. about 300 actual watts.
11. I do not know the height, at least 12 inches from tallest budsites though
12. 4x4 reflective grow tent
13. Temp an Humidity Lights out 65F 45%RH Lights On 72F 50%RH
14. Soil pH - ??? Haven't checked this
15. I have seen only one Japanese beetle in the grow space, which may have been attached to my coat when I entered the grow space.
16. This is my first indoor grow. I have previously done 4 outdoor grows with 3 grows auto and 1 with photoperiod plants. I did not and have not done very well even with my outdoor grows.

Here are the pictures. 2 photos of some trouble areas, there are more though. 1 picture of the plant from a distance. The budsites almost look rusty or orange when viewed from a distance. The leaves look a bit dry and the brown in the center are concerning me. I thought...well, a couple more weeks left but a lot can go wrong in that amount of time. Anyone's thoughts would be great! Thanks again!

Week 6 flowering leaves not looking the best
Week 6 flowering leaves not looking the best 2
Week 6 flowering leaves not looking the best 3

Heynow

Heynow

It's probably mild nutrient burn. Nothing to worry about, unless it becomes really widespread.

Organics are generally breaking down in the soil and becoming active. It is tough to control, kind of a feel. Never change more than one thing at a time, because you'll never know what worked...

Just keep ph ING the water at 6.3 to 6.6 and keep on.

If you do need to flush them, just use Epsom salts at 1tbl/ gal...but you are not close to being there

homestead67

homestead67

It's probably mild nutrient burn. Nothing to worry about, unless it becomes really widespread.

Just keep ph ING the water at 6.3 to 6.6 and keep on.
So going forward, what's affecting these shouldn't harm or kill the bud? I am seeing it widespread. It is mostly affecting the leaves and sugar leaves highest on the plant. Basically any leaf insight of the light.

This pic is the highest on the plant 1 day later than the one above. Getting worse-

20210204 151741

This next one is the the same stem bent over to show none of the lower leaves look the same-

20210204 151838

Heynow

Heynow

If you want,, flush them with Epsom salts. Take them to a shower or put the over a bucket and flush the pots 1 tbl/gal solution...at least 1 gallon per pot.

You might just try to keep watering with 6.4 water and ride it out.

If the nutrients are added to the soil, you are at their mercy. There is no way to undo it. You don't control the biological activity or speed that each becomes bio available to the plant

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Plants look fine. Leaf damage is a lighting issue most likely.

Mr.G

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's not nute burn. Nute burn will show up at the tips of the leaves. That isn't happening.

My concern is that you have mites. I'm no expert at mites, but you have a lot of damage near the veins and there are some spots, here and there. Also, many mites like to go to the top of the plant.

Get your hand lens, jeweler's loop, microscope or whatever you use to check trichs, take off a leaf and look at the underside. All the while we will hope I'm totally wrong.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Regardless. Late stage flower. Flushing soon anyways?

Mr.G

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Are the plants really week 6 flower?
Variety?

homestead67

homestead67

It's not nute burn. Nute burn will show up at the tips of the leaves. That isn't happening.

My concern is that you have mites. I'm no expert at mites, but you have a lot of damage near the veins and there are some spots, here and there. Also, many mites like to go to the top of the plant.

Get your hand lens, jeweler's loop, microscope or whatever you use to check trichs, take off a leaf and look at the underside. All the while we will hope I'm totally wrong.
Thanks for this point of view. I am only seeing this on one plant. Do mites spread? Because this plant is crammed with three others and they are touching in spots.

homestead67

homestead67

Are the plants really week 6 flower?
Variety?
I flipped the light 12/12 on December 27th. This is how I am measuring flowering time. Am I measuring flowering time wrong? Each blue cell is watering 1.5 gallons per pot.

THey are Delicious Seeds, Marmalate- Indica leaning from my understanding.

Capture

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Yes, they spread. But check to see if any are creeping around.

If you have more than one strain, sometimes they are partial to one over the others.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
How close are the lights to the plants?

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Is it just leaves at the top of the plant showing symptoms?

homestead67

homestead67

Is it just leaves at the top of the plant showing symptoms?
So far yes. With my training though, it's the tops of each stem. So I am looking at about 12-15 "tops" starting to gradually turn this color. And there are ones that are 22"+ from the lights that are showing the same signs. Not each top grew the same height for me. Directly below these tops, the leaves are lush and plentiful. Like that photo up top.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Looks like light damage to me. All the signs.
good luck.🙏

Mr.G

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Grow. Your close. I would remove all the damaged leaves.

Top Bottom