Week 6 of flower and new growth on one of five plants but perfect environment

• Thread starter joshjones43
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
joshjones43

joshjones43

So I’m in week 6 of flower and my Cherry Bomb has new growth on a little over half of the buds and no Trichomes have started to appear while my other 4 plants are covered in them and are close to harvest. I have a small veg tent that’s close to the plant that has the new growth and I’m wondering if a small light leak caused it to reveg. I turned all the lights on that side of the veg tent off so it’s getting total darkness for 13 hours a day

Week 6 of flower and new growth on one of five plants but perfect environment
Week 6 of flower and new growth on one of five plants but perfect environment 2
Week 6 of flower and new growth on one of five plants but perfect environment 3
Week 6 of flower and new growth on one of five plants but perfect environment 4
Week 6 of flower and new growth on one of five plants but perfect environment 5
Week 6 of flower and new growth on one of five plants but perfect environment 6
GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Put plant in garbage.

Focus on bringing others to finish line.

And no, the plant is not confused by an extra hour of darkness. Is there other equipment in there we can’t see? A heater or humidifier? Stand in the tent with grow lights off for 5-10 min. Let your eyes adjust. Leave everything else on (in and outside flower tent) to check for light leaks or power indicator lights. If it’s just that plant you at least know where to start looking.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Why not 12/12? It might be confused.
I can't say why the original poster is doing 11/13, but some breeders say that running them at 11/13 will bring out more "phenotype expression." This is done to find breeding plants with just the pheno they've been looking for.

I prefer to do 13/11 and give the plants more energy to work with.

TSD

TSD

I can't say why the original poster is doing 11/13, but some breeders say that running them at 11/13 will bring out more "phenotype expression." This is done to find breeding plants with just the pheno they've been looking for.

I prefer to do 13/11 and give the plants more energy to work with.
Right... I feel like 11 hours of light is right on the cusp of what they need to flower so it might confuse them? Guess it would depend on the strain as well. I dunno, I'm not a botanist lol. Some people do 24 hours of light and I think that's crazy. 🤷‍♀️

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Right... I feel like 11 hours of light is right on the cusp of what they need to flower so it might confuse them? Guess it would depend on the strain as well. I dunno, I'm not a botanist lol. Some people do 24 hours of light and I think that's crazy. 🤷‍♀️
He's in flower now. He's giving 13 hours of darkness instead of the classic 12. This is more darkness than needed to flower, by a bit

I find that most plants will happily flower with only 11 hours of darkness, so in my mind, they have the opportunity to grow more with the extra hour of light. I never tested this theory that an extra hour of light each day will give a greater yield, so while it makes sense to me, it's still in the realm of bro science.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
So I’m in week 6 of flower and my Cherry Bomb has new growth on a little over half of the buds and no Trichomes have started to appear while my other 4 plants are covered in them and are close to harvest. I have a small veg tent that’s close to the plant that has the new growth and I’m wondering if a small light leak caused it to reveg. I turned all the lights on that side of the veg tent off so it’s getting total darkness for 13 hours a day
If you have that much re-vegging going on then its more than just a little light leak. A little light leak will give you hermies ....re-vegging? If you have plants in the dark and the tent next doors light comes on if it isn't 100% sealed dark then your flowering plants could get 6 hrs of not dark........from pitch black - being able to see your hand dark..... go 12/12 all the way

joshjones43

joshjones43

So everything is in the same room. I run 11/13 just because the way my schedule works I’ll occasionally go in 10-15 minutes before lights on or stay a little when lights are suppose to go out so that 13 gives me just a little extra time to play with if need be. Now as for the light leak, I go in there everyday before lights come on and it’s pitch black. I have a dehumidifier and CO2 generator but all the indicator lights are taped with black out tape. The tent that’s next to the plant that had a light leak I fixed right after I noticed the new growth. I check everyday for Hermies and haven’t seen anything in a week. The new growth is growing exactly like the previous buds did as well. I’m really just curious to see if the reveg will affect the plant negatively. There’s no light leaks, perfect temp, rh, CO2, nutes, and lights. The other plants are only a couple feet away so that’s why I was curious as what the deal was with Cherry Bomb.

joshjones43

joshjones43

I have a camera inside that I check during lights out also and everything dark dark.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Is the camera closest to the plant in question? Is it on all the time or only when you queue it? Are there indicator lights on it? If it’s infrared, that also might be an issue.

joshjones43

joshjones43

There’s no light at all anymore. The plant in question does have the little seed things with Trichomes and pistils growing

joshjones43

joshjones43

My timers are Vivosun 2 plug timers. I just chopped the one reveg down. My other 4 plants are 2-3 weeks from harvest and I’m not risking any problems with them. What would cause it to reveg and hermie like it did? The small light leak from the zipper on my tent?

joshjones43

joshjones43

Also, would there be anything I could do with the hermied plant so it’s not a total waste? Like dry/cure it and make it into edibles?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

My timers are Vivosun 2 plug timers. I just chopped the one reveg down. My other 4 plants are 2-3 weeks from harvest and I’m not risking any problems with them. What would cause it to reveg and hermie like it did? The small light leak from the zipper on my tent?
That's hard to say. Bad genetics are what cause it but there are different triggers. Do you have any red LED's on anything inside the tent? Power on lights or anything?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Also, would there be anything I could do with the hermied plant so it’s not a total waste? Like dry/cure it and make it into edibles?
Smoke it...it will be full of seeds but there is still smoke. Sheeeeeeeit all weed used to be seeded. We crumble it up on an old record album cover and use the rolling paper pack or matches pack to lift drop and watch roll lol.....Youngens might not know that trick I'm sure YT has a vid on it...lol We also used to roll joints without glue on the rolling papers.....Aquafuge ....then came cut corners on ZiG Zags with glue wow that was a treat.

joshjones43

joshjones43

My timers have red leds but they’re tiny and on top of the tent, away from the plant. It was a Cherry Bomb. It being my first grow i expected to run into some issues so I’m not to bummed but I definitely want to prevent it further. Is there anything I could do with the plant now? It didn’t have Trichomes except on the buds. Could I trim the buds, cure them, and still use them?

Top Bottom