Week 6 of flower and new growth on one of five plants but perfect environment

• Thread starter joshjones43
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

My timers have red leds but they’re tiny and on top of the tent, away from the plant. It was a Cherry Bomb. It being my first grow i expected to run into some issues so I’m not to bummed but I definitely want to prevent it further. Is there anything I could do with the plant now? It didn’t have Trichomes except on the buds. Could I trim the buds, cure them, and still use them?
Visosun is about the cheapest stuff you can buy. Red Light is not good for the plants just a little goes a long way!

joshjones43

joshjones43

The red lights are off when the lights are off, it’s pitch black in my grow. I have reflective film up because it’s an 8x8 room, not a tent. I have a 2x4 tent in there but it’s set up so it doesn’t affect my dark period. I think I just had bad genetics with the Cherry Bomb. It wasn’t producing Trichomes on any leaves and the buds had very little compared to my other plants. The new growth is only about 10 days old and I’m on week 7 of flower tomorrow.

joshjones43

joshjones43

Being my first grow too I’m still trying to learn how to identify nanners and pollen sacs, how to prevent them, and what to do if they do appear.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It could have been genetics only, it's very possible, but just go around and make sure you don't have an LED light on the back of a fan or something.
What kind of lights do you have? I forget which one specifically I hear it about, but there is a brand of lights that do not turn all the way off.
The IR and UV are still going. That will do it, but 1 of 5? Not likely.

joshjones43

joshjones43

So after a hour of research and going through and trimming a bit of the cut down plant, I think it was genetics as well. I’ve put a lot of time and money in building a near perfect sealed setup. My other 4 are growing great and this one is completed covered in pollen sacs. None had opened yet and I opened a few and they were empty but all the buds looked so similar to the pollen sacs. I’m just trashing and burning it. Have 10 more at 4 nodes in one gallons in the tent sooo

joshjones43

joshjones43

Im running KingLED 4000w ul series. It pulls 420w from the wall and is dimmable. It turns completely off at 5:40pm and on again at 6am. I did have a small light on one night from a ac fan controller but it wasn’t even by that plant and it was 3 weeks ago with no issues on the plants nearby. So yeah

Madbud

Madbud

That single leaf with round edges spells trouble, better to chop it like you did.
EBE96FDE 8A6F 4246 AE7B 021FF9B0CD4C

joshjones43

joshjones43

Yeah I was hoping it’d just reflower with no problems.. I accidentally broke almost half that plant off a few weeks before flower too so its had a hard life

joshjones43

joshjones43

They had just grown, seeds hadn’t had time to grow. Buds were real airy and fluffy though. Just trashed the whole plant. 5 months down the drain and $2400 in potential profit but only high quality

TSD

TSD

I have a random question about light leaks and I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable guys on this thread can answer it. How is it that a tiny light leak can wreak havoc in a tent, but outdoor can grow under the moon without issues? Does that only apply to indoor because it's an artificial environment?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I have a random question about light leaks and I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable guys on this thread can answer it. How is it that a tiny light leak can wreak havoc in a tent, but outdoor can grow under the moon without issues? Does that only apply to indoor because it's an artificial environment?
Great question.

It is genetic. Natural regular seeds don't hermie. It has to do with how the fem seeds are made.
Light and other types of stress can trigger it.

Madbud

Madbud

The moon moves?

TSD

TSD

Great question.

It is genetic. Natural regular seeds don't hermie. It has to do with how the fem seeds are made.
Light and other types of stress can trigger it.
So in theory, growing fem seeds outdoors is a bad idea? I've grown them without incident and I've had seeds, usually immature, but never found any signs of pollen sacs so I just assumed I was pollinated.... this year I know I was because I saw my neighbors male spewing pollen with my own eyes. I guess it's just luck of the draw then if the seeds you order are going to herm out? Interesting.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
My timers have red leds but they’re tiny and on top of the tent, away from the plant. It was a Cherry Bomb. It being my first grow i expected to run into some issues so I’m not to bummed but I definitely want to prevent it further. Is there anything I could do with the plant now? It didn’t have Trichomes except on the buds. Could I trim the buds, cure them, and still use them?
I like the Bomb Seeds. I have Bubble Bomb growing now and I just loved the Cherry Bomb... I ran that for quite a while until a bad spider mite infection. This is a Cherry Bomb I vegged 4 months because it was my only plant at the time and I vegged until I could turn her clones

joshjones43

joshjones43

Should my 6 week old fem Sweet Zombie that’s in veg be growing pistils?

Madmax

Madmax

Moons only bout one candle power so it doesnt affect them...its to do with hormones..ive read in here by sea maiden that any light that leaks into the room by 15mins or more changes the hormones in the plant to reveg..not her exact words of course..

Madmax

Madmax

Should my 6 week old fem Sweet Zombie that’s in veg be growing pistils?
Thats normal..shes just showing you her sex..everything cool 🖒.b prepared for some Big buds..very good yielder sweet zombie.

Madmax

Madmax

So in theory, growing fem seeds outdoors is a bad idea? I've grown them without incident and I've had seeds, usually immature, but never found any signs of pollen sacs so I just assumed I was pollinated.... this year I know I was because I saw my neighbors male spewing pollen with my own eyes. I guess it's just luck of the draw then if the seeds you order are going to herm out? Interesting.
No...Great idea..you know what you have and can make the most out of thevarea your growing in...

Top Bottom