Week 7 And 8 Of Flower Question

• Thread starter Tbone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tbone

Tbone

The good people on this forum have helped me in the past so I thought I could try to get some input on another issue I have been noticing with my grows.

I have been growing for two years now in Current Culture systems.

What I notice is like clockwork,everytime,right at the end of week 6 the plants start slowing down in feeding and by the middle of week 7 they have pretty much quit feeding. So Im wondering is this normal? It seems like the plants never get a chance to take advantage of uptaking the late booster. I have considered adjusting the scedule and bringing in the late booster earlier while the plants are still feeding to see if the plants will add on a little more wieght this way. I used to pretty much follow the high yield chart but recently have been running each bloom phase at closer to 75% of the chart recomendation topping out at less than 500 ppm on the 500 scale.
Anyway , I guess I am asking if other people are able to keep plants feeding throughout the whole grow or maybe an 8 week strain is basically dying off at week 7 and 8 and just doesnt want to feed anymore? Maybe the chart current culture provides is a 8 week chart for a 12 week strain? If thats the case maybe the high Pand K Booster should be introduced at week 5 and 6 when the plants are feeding heavy in a 8 week strain.
I really dont think I am doing anything that would be locking them out at this stage except maybe adding some ph up because the booster is so acidic and lowers the ph.
Anyway , Thats my issue, if there is even an issue at all.
Thanks in advance for input!

Last edited by a moderator:
Monster762

Monster762

The good people on this forum have helped me in the past so I thought I could try to get some input on another issue I have been noticing with my grows.

What I notice is like clockwork,everytime,right at the end of week 6 the plants start slowing down in feeding and by the middle of week 7 they have pretty much quit feeding. So Im wondering is this normal? It seems like the plants never get a chance to take advantage of uptaking the late booster. I have considered adjusting the scedule and bringing in the late booster earlier while the plants are still feeding to see if the plants will add on a little more wieght this way. I used to pretty much follow the high yield chart but recently have been running each bloom phase at closer to 75% of the chart recomendation topping out at less than 500 ppm on the 500 scale.
Anyway , I guess I am asking if other people are able to keep plants feeding throughout the whole grow or maybe an 8 week strain is basically dying off at week 7 and 8 and just doesnt want to feed anymore? Maybe the chart current culture provides is a 8 week chart for a 12 week strain? If thats the case maybe the high Pand K Booster should be introduced at week 5 and 6 when the plants are feeding heavy in a 8 week strain.
I really dont think I am doing anything that would be locking them out at this stage except maybe adding some ph up because the booster is so acidic and lowers the ph.
Good question. I'm on about week 8 of a 9-10 week strain according to breeder. First grow. My buds looked like they hit swell at 5 weeks. Then stopped about week 6. The water uptake is minimal since week 6. Yet trichs say it's not there. The swell stopped right after it started. About a week and half. Since the plant has pretty much done nothing. All leaves are good green color no yellowing. And plant looks very healthy. But same deal it stopped eating at week 6. I'm running clean water now and it takes it really slow like.

Monster762

Monster762

Good question. I'm on about week 8 of a 9-10 week strain according to breeder. First grow. My buds looked like they hit swell at 5 weeks. Then stopped about week 6. The water uptake is minimal since week 6. Yet trichs say it's not there. The swell stopped right after it started. About a week and half. Since the plant has pretty much done nothing. All leaves are good green color no yellowing. And plant looks very healthy. But same deal it stopped eating at week 6. I'm running clean water now and it takes it really slow like.
Also everything says not to harvest early cause supposedly last week or 2 it puts on weight. I'm seeing the same plant I had 2 weeks ago just little more red hairs. So do they start a second swell right at the end ?

j wizzle

j wizzle

I always take an extra week or 2 longer than recommended. they will stay the same size but rock up, that's where you are getting the extra weight. I prefer well done rather than medium rare nugs myself, I let the hairs twist up into the pistols. That's how you can tell its done, I don't believe you go solely on the trichs, that's a single indicator. If your tops aren't well done, your bottom nugs are going to be super fluff, and I feel you gain weight on the lower nugs as well if you take it longer

Monster762

Monster762

I always take an extra week or 2 longer than recommended. they will stay the same size but rock up, that's where you are getting the extra weight. I prefer well done rather than medium rare nugs myself, I let the hairs twist up into the pistols. That's how you can tell its done, I don't believe you go solely on the trichs, that's a single indicator. If your tops aren't well done, your bottom nugs are going to be super fluff, and I feel you gain weight on the lower nugs as well if you take it longer
My bugs are litterally so stiff you can't squeeze them or bend the colas. And oily as can be.

Tbone

Tbone

Same here on the hard juicy buds!
My main concern is just trying to get as much as I can out of the grow. If they aren't going to uptake nutrient after week six then theres not much need for the late booster. And I just want to make sure im not doing something and getting locked out. Hard to believe its lock out though running such low ppms. But from what I understand, In late bloom the slightest change in conditions( Water temp, nute change, ph ) can stress the plants and stop uptake.

Monster762

Monster762

My main concern is just trying to get as much as I can out of the grow. If they aren't going to uptake nutrient after week six then theres not much need for the late booster. And I just want to make sure im not doing something and getting locked out. Hard to believe its lock out though running such low ppms. But from what I understand, In late bloom the slightest change in conditions( Water temp, nute change, ph ) can stress the plants and stop uptake.
Yeah idk I'm at the stage of trying to beat this thing into finishing n it just standing tall n healthy as can be. Been flushed n running clean water 1-1/2 weeks now and it's just perfect green not even throwing off fan leaves.

Monster762

Monster762

What's it looking like?

Tbone

Tbone

Sometimes I will skip the first week where it says to run Veg A and B and Bloom A and B , and instead go straight to Bloom A and B. and then follow the schedule basically moving everything up a week, if that makes sense. Helps keep plants from getting so much nitrogen.

Tbone

Tbone

I think Im going to try bringing in the late booster ( Powder booster) mat week 6 to see if this makes any difference.

Found this on Current Culture site:

When is the best time to use the Bud Booster products?

a. Early? Mag booster: Last week of veg, first two weeks of flower
b. Mid? Bud Booster: weeks 3,4,5
c. Late? Powder Boost: weeks 6,7,8

How should I use the Bud Booster products in conjunction with my Bloom A & B?

Use for flower/fruit enhancement. As your flowers begin to get bigger, add more booster to keep up with their developing needs.

Monster762

Monster762

On week 8 and still green
Yup that's where I am. On a 9-10 week strain that stopped swelling at week 6-1/2 or so then threw couple amber looking trichs. So I started water only. Still dark green 1-1/2 weeks later. Buds look nice but plant just don't want to finish.

Toph420

Toph420

One thing i want to note about the 8week chart for a 12 week strain, I don't think that is the case. On their new feeding schedule in the description it says if your plant is more than an 8week strain then repeat week 5. So if you have a 12 week strain it would be weeks : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8 to make up 12 weeks total.

Top Bottom