week 7 of 12/12 slow weird flowering

• Thread starter Consul
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Consul

Consul

Week 7 Flowering Tips?

Hey guys I'm hoping some veterans could help me out here. This is my first grow. Growing 2 plants in canna coco pro 70/30 perlite. I've got 1 Amnesia Fast vegged for 5 weeks in a 5 gal fabric pot and 1 random bag-seed vegged for 3 weeks in a small plastic pot. Feeding both 1.5ec 6.0ph daily til around 30% run-off, this feed consists of 15ml/L canna A+B, 15ml/L PK 13/14 (for 1 week) and 24ml of boost (only started adding last week), with distilled vinegar as a PH down. My tap water is 0.5ec with plenty cal/mag. For some reason the run-off comes in lower than what went in, around 0.9ec for both plants in different sized pots.

I'm currently at day 77 from when the Amnesia Fast germinated, just about to go into week 7 since flipping both to 12/12. Growing under a dimmable dual spectrum HPS at 250w in a wardrobe with 4" extractor/passive intake and a small clip-on fan trying to cool the tops. Temps are 27c (80f) lights on and around 21c (69f) at night. I shit you guys not, the big fker probably stretched 400% and is now only 4" away from my bulb after a couple of the tops grew another 2" the past couple days!!!

Could anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? All the buds seem really airy and totally different from what other examples of this strain look like at this stage. It's sparsely thrown out 3 and then 1 bladed fan leafs at the top which I think have contributed to the bloom issues.

First 3 pics are of the Amnesia Fast, 4th pic is the bag-seed, and last pic is what the amnesia fast is supposed to look like!

Week 7 flowering

Week 7 of 1212 slow weird flowering 2
Week 7 of 1212 slow weird flowering 3
Day 77 bagseed
Week 7 of 1212 slow weird flowering 5
Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

The Plant is revegging. Meaning it is getting light to grow while in the 12 hours of darkness. Go into your grow space when the lights are out and figure out were the light is coming from. 100 percent this is the problem.

Anthem

Anthem

Also you will probably want to start over because with the plant being stressed like that there is a huge concern with it going Hermie!

Consul

Consul

The Plant is revegging. Meaning it is getting light to grow while in the 12 hours of darkness. Go into your grow space when the lights are out and figure out were the light is coming from. 100 percent this is the problem.

Also you will probably want to start over because with the plant being stressed like that there is a huge concern with it going Hermie!

Dudeeeeeeeee........ You almost gave me a heart attack. The space is sealed, light just went out 5 minutes ago, i double checked my light baffle on the passive intake and its fine. The buds are still growing, new calyx are appearing every day and i've not noticed any signs of it going hermie on me. I understand the triple and single blade leaves could lead one to think this but that wouldn't explain why the small bagseed plant is flowering at the same rate with no difference in leaves... no?

Anthem

Anthem

Dudeeeeeeeee........ You almost gave me a heart attack. The space is sealed, light just went out 5 minutes ago, i double checked my light baffle on the passive intake and its fine. The buds are still growing, new calyx are appearing every day and i've not noticed any signs of it going hermie on me. I understand the triple and single blade leaves could lead one to think this but that wouldn't explain why the small bagseed plant is flowering at the same rate with no difference in leaves... no?
If they are not reveging that you have some sort of a genetic issue with the one plant. Everytime I have seen someone with single blade leaves it has been a light leak.
Double check everything including your light timer and your light baffles because to me it looks to be reveging.

Consul

Consul

If they are not reveging that you have some sort of a genetic issue with the one plant. Everytime I have seen someone with single blade leaves it has been a light leak.
Double check everything including your light timer and your light baffles because to me it looks to be reveging.

Thanks for the response mate. After some frantic googling i've found a few sources that say single blade leaves in flowering could be down to heat stress etc which would make sense considering how close they are to my HPS. She's also quite sensitive to nutes and I didn't dial back the nitrogen until last week after noticing the top growth eagle clawing after stretch. I really hope this fker isn't reverting back to veg as I've only got one shot of seeing this through before I need to relocate and don't know when i'll next be able to try again 😭

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If it's reverting, you usually stop getting new flowers, but like Anthem, the only time I ever see single blade leaves is when I'm revegging.

Why is this plant the way it is while other plants of the same strain look better? Different phenos might explain it. This one just might have genes you don't like. Bagseed and even store-bought seed can have undesirable phenos.

Assuming some weird revegging process isn't happening, flower density is based on two main things: genetics and the intensity/quality of the light source. If the other plant is doing fine, I'd guess it's genetic.

Consul

Consul

If it's reverting, you usually stop getting new flowers, but like Anthem, the only time I ever see single blade leaves is when I'm revegging.

Why is this plant the way it is while other plants of the same strain look better? Different phenos might explain it. This one just might have genes you don't like. Bagseed and even store-bought seed can have undesirable phenos.

Assuming some weird revegging process isn't happening, flower density is based on two main things: genetics and the intensity/quality of the light source. If the other plant is doing fine, I'd guess it's genetic.

I'm sure it's still flowering, I couldn't help myself and have plucked off quite a few lil pre-mature nuggets about 3ft below the canopy and within 24 hours the budsites are starting to re-appear. Maybe this has stunted it tho :|

I also read that being rootbound can cause the leaf issues... but it's in a 5 gallon pot. Albeit only 3/5ths full.

I've mainly been thinking that perhaps i've simply grown it too large for the energy it's recieving at 250w. The wardrobe is 6.25 square foot and mostly full as you can see in the top pic. If it did fill out all those sturdy branches i'm sure I'd be pulling like 10oz from my first plant lol

Regarding the second little plant growing beside it, considering it's also at week 7 of 12/12, I'm not happy with the progress of that either. However, it did take 1-2 weeks longer for preflowers to show, so its running a little behind after only being vegged for 3 weeks instead of 5.

Maybe I just need to dial the light up but that wont help with the symptoms of heat stress that you can see at the top of the plant... i've not noticed any bleaching so far tho. Hmmmm. This is complicated. I just want to grow some nice bud for my 30th birthday on the 30th of this month before i need to find a new home lol. Tryna accomplish 1 single thing during this fkin pandemic 😆

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I'm sure it's still flowering, I couldn't help myself and have plucked off quite a few lil pre-mature nuggets about 3ft below the canopy and within 24 hours the budsites are starting to re-appear. Maybe this has stunted it tho :|

I also read that being rootbound can cause the leaf issues... but it's in a 5 gallon pot. Albeit only 3/5ths full.

I've mainly been thinking that perhaps i've simply grown it too large for the energy it's recieving at 250w. The wardrobe is 6.25 square foot and mostly full as you can see in the top pic. If it did fill out all those sturdy branches i'm sure I'd be pulling like 10oz from my first plant lol

Regarding the second little plant growing beside it, considering it's also at week 7 of 12/12, I'm not happy with the progress of that either. However, it did take 1-2 weeks longer for preflowers to show, so its running a little behind after only being vegged for 3 weeks instead of 5.

Maybe I just need to dial the light up but that wont help with the symptoms of heat stress that you can see at the top of the plant... i've not noticed any bleaching so far tho. Hmmmm. This is complicated. I just want to grow some nice bud for my 30th birthday on the 30th of this month before i need to find a new home lol. Tryna accomplish 1 single thing during this fkin pandemic 😆
It’s one of the pitfalls of growing multi strain grow it makes it hard to control the environment to suit all the strains . Od .

chemistry

chemistry

You have one Sativa, skinny leaves, and one Indica, fat leaves, the Sativa will be a tall lady when it's finished. Feeding wise the Indica is a pig, where as the Sativa is a dainty eater, so feed less to the Sativa, and keep an eye on your tips. My last full Sativa grew over my light and half way down the other wall, hell of a toke though.

Consul

Consul

I’m going with genetics as well . Od .

Damn it, that'll be the second time I've lost the genetic lottery then, the first being when i was born hahahaha. tbh i'm sure this would have turned out the same way even if i didn't have a second strain growing. 2/3 of the amnesia fast failed to germinate so I cracked 2 mysterious bagseed i found a couple weeks later, one of them turned out to be a male and was quickly destroyed!

Consul

Consul

You have one Sativa, skinny leaves, and one Indica, fat leaves, the Sativa will be a tall lady when it's finished. Feeding wise the Indica is a pig, where as the Sativa is a dainty eater, so feed less to the Sativa, and keep an eye on your tips. My last full Sativa grew over my light and half way down the other wall, hell of a toke though.

you got that damn right mate, even though the short and stubby one is like 1/5th the size she can eat more than the big one! i'm thinking she's either gorilla glue or skywalker as that's the last 2 indicas i smoked. i prefer a sativa myself with super silver haze being my favorite :) i picked this strain because it said FAST but looks like i may have a while to wait yet... if it ever gets there. two of the tips are basically level with the reflector right now 😳

Consul

Consul

Yes I also like a good Sativa, outdoor grown if possible. lol
Growing outdoors sounds like a lot less hassle 😅 I've got more people coming to view the house tomorrow so my stealth needs to be on point... had like 7 different strangers walk past my wardrobe with the extraction momentarily disabled, praying that the smell doesn't leak out... thats how dedicated i am right now, so excuse me if i dont wanna rip up my plants because they may or may not be revegging haha.

Consul

Consul

update

here is some new pics 24 hours later

bendy new growth.. with bud?
Day 78 4

top down single and triple leafs visible
Day 78 3

a fair amount of premature bud =/
Day 78 2

here is a new little bud
Day 78 1

who knows what this plant is doing?

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

I gree with od , genetics .... Where did you get the " amnesia fast " seeds ?
It's just a messed up plant
How many weeks are you into flowering ?

dire wolf

dire wolf

From what I re read , they are only 2 weeks into flower ? In that case they don't look too bad , I'd stick with it , ignore the single leaf , the buds look ok for 2 weeks flower , watch them , they may bulk up nice regardless.....

dire wolf

dire wolf

Here's a clone I just made under constant 18 hrs light , doing the single blade thing , I know in the next few leaf sets it will straighten out ....

Last edited:
Consul

Consul

From what I re read , they are only 2 weeks into flower ? In that case they don't look too bad , I'd stick with it , ignore the single leaf , the buds look ok for 2 weeks flower , watch them , they may bulk up nice regardless.....

I wish those buds were only 2 weeks old bro... she had 5 weeks of 18/6 and this is now her 7th week of 12/12 for a total of 78 days since germination 😭 shes around 3.5ft wide and 4.5ft high. It's Amnesia Fast from Seedsman. The outer tops which didnt stretch as much have less single and more triple blade leaves which make me think it could be down to heat stress since they are further from the light. The leaves are also still serrated and not rounding off and going crazy like other re-vegging examples, just yet anyway. They're just very thin, few and far between and I guess the less top leaves the less top cola development. Shes really bushy with 5 and 7 fingered fan leaves further down from veg tho.

Last edited:
Top Bottom