Week four of flower lower fan leaves fading

• Thread starter GardenWeasel77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

So I'm on week 4 of flower. This happens to me every time around this point. After the stretch the lower fan leaves start fading and this process usually continues throughout the rest of flower.

I'm growing in one gallon fabric pots in fox farm Happy frog soil, modified with dolomite lime. My last feeding was 3 or 4 days ago at about 1400 PPM. I'm using general hydroponics 3 part flora series.

pH seems to be okay. Run off ppms is around 2,400.

How can I keep my plants healthy throughout the grow? What am I doing wrong?

On a related note, when do you clip fading fan leaves? I've been leaving leaving them on because I feel like if I take them off then the leaves above them will just start fading.

Curious to know what other people's thoughts are as far as trimming fading leaves.

Week four of flower lower fan leaves fading
Week four of flower lower fan leaves fading 2
Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
I leave my fading leaves. I get a better idea of how the plant is progressing. Besides, it's obvious the plant is pulling from them. Why not let it finish before moving on to newer foliage? That said, four weeks is a little early for a fade. You may have different issues.

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

I leave my fading leaves. I get a better idea of how the plant is progressing. Besides, it's obvious the plant is pulling from them. Why not let it finish before moving on to newer foliage? That said, four weeks is a little early for a fade. You may have different issues.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. This happens to me every time.

Abbazabba85

Abbazabba85

With the soil your using, you shouldn't need to add any liquid nutes for a substantial amount of time. The soil is full of everything the plant needs....I would say try transplanting to a larger container before switching to flower....those 1 gallon pots are not going to provide enough room for root growth and development. For instance I start mine off in a 1 gal for the 1st 30 days....then go up to 3 gal for veg. And then a go to a 5 gal a week before I flip to flower.

Top Bottom