Weird leaf twisting and curling

• Thread starter RookFarm420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RookFarm420

RookFarm420

I have a nana sorbet by square one in FFOF about 2 months from seed. Amending with down to earth but this has been happening before adding anything. The leaves also don’t get any bigger on the new growth that has the twisting. They just stay smaller but the earlier growth on plant was normal, and has had a trend of pretty big fan leaves. It’s like two completely different plants from top half compared to bottom half. I’m guessing it’s from light being too close, I have since moved it a lot farther away from the plant (about 3 weeks ago) it’s 24+ inches from canopy and it’s a cheap little 100W light I have laying around that I got for free (giixer). But hasn’t changed much since keeping the light higher. Anyone ever see something like this/know what it could potentially be?
humidity steady at 50% temps at 75-78 during the day, 70-72 at night.

Weird leaf twisting and curling
Weird leaf twisting and curling 2
Weird leaf twisting and curling 3
Weird leaf twisting and curling 4
RookFarm420

RookFarm420

+1 looks a lot like mites- also seen ph cause similar issues - stress period
Ph issue as in soil ph? I do ph my water from 6.5-6.9 and never had issues like this before. Could be an offsetting issuing with the amendments although I haven’t had this issue before with other plants and the same amendment regimen. Although I realize no two plants are the same. What’s an effective way to read the ph of soil?

RookFarm420

RookFarm420

+1 looks a lot like mites- also seen ph cause similar issues - stress period
Thanks for the insight. I have checked for bugs regularly and have never had an issue with any sort of bugs on any of my plants. I just defoliate a little today as well and checked the fronts and backs of the leaves I took off and saw nothing as well as checked the entire plant including soil. I check pretty regularly. Definitely will give a look tomorrow and see if I missed anything. But so far, never had an issue with pests. Hope that’s not the problem. Will also look more into the russet mite. I’ve searched for other posts across the internet and have not found any results with similar issues as mine.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

T
Thanks for the insight. I have checked for bugs regularly and have never had an issue with any sort of bugs on any of my plants. I just defoliate a little today as well and checked the fronts and backs of the leaves I took off and saw nothing as well as checked the entire plant including soil. I check pretty regularly. Definitely will give a look tomorrow and see if I missed anything. But so far, never had an issue with pests. Hope that’s not the problem. Will also look more into the russet mite. I’ve searched for other posts across the internet and have not found any results with similar issues as mine.
hey are tiny little buggers mate hard to c without a good scope👍

RookFarm420

RookFarm420

T

hey are tiny little buggers mate hard to c without a good scope👍
For sure. I will have a good look tomorrow after work. I have a decent WiFi scope and loupe I’ll utilize. I would be looking more at the leaf than the soil for those correct? Will take a look at both but just as a general reference point.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ph issue as in soil ph? I do ph my water from 6.5-6.9 and never had issues like this before. Could be an offsetting issuing with the amendments although I haven’t had this issue before with other plants and the same amendment regimen. Although I realize no two plants are the same. What’s an effective way to read the ph of soil?
Do you water to runoff ? Ch the ph of the runoff .
you can also do a slurry test on the soil if ya want

cshell

cshell

This probably won't help much, but I have an AK-47 going with very similar leaf damage on new growth (older leaves are unaffected). At first I thought bugs, but couldn't find anything using a cheap $10 microscope, then I thought I might have over-fed it, then I started thinking it might be a root problem. This morning I noticed that my Bruce Banner and one other plant were starting to do the same. Pulled out the microscope and found a couple of what looked like fibers, and then I noticed they were moving slightly and were attached to single strands of web. I have no idea what they are, spent the better part of two-hours trying to ID them, all I know is they were black, tiny, leave a web, and are not visible to the naked eye or through a loupe. Also, they seem to have tails that are longer and skinnier than the body from which the web is exuded. Sound like something anyone else has encountered?

Top Bottom