Weird question I thought I’d never ask.

• Thread starter Kevuk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kevuk

Kevuk

I’ve had a really rough few months due to domestic issues.

I put a few tiny “barneys orange sherbet” cuttings under 4 10W led bulbs (24 hrs) in the attic a couple of months ago, but with everything that has been going on I forgot about them. Well couldn’t be bothered tbh.

I went to clear them out of the attic today, but the weirdest thing has happened. The lights were all on, the plants were stretched, lanky dry and dead but they had flowered?

Did the guy sell me cuttings of auto flowers? I didn’t think you could take cuttings of autos?

So the question I thought I’d never ask. Can a plant flower with 24 hour light if not a auto?

Surely not?

Last edited:
Habosabin

Habosabin

Not to my knowledge. Maybe under duress they try to flower. How did they last so long with no water?

Kevuk

Kevuk

Not to my knowledge. Maybe under duress they try to flower. How did they last so long with no water?

The coco was wet, but I have no idea tbh. With everything that has been going on I haven’t give them a second thought before today.

They were only fed once when I repotted them. That was at least 2 months ago, probably closer to 3.

It’s really weird.
9E89C3AF 31DF 4ACD A35B 2D825C74A45F

Last edited:
Kevuk

Kevuk

Thats some primo bud right there! 😎

Dare you to roll one with it!
Lol. I could only imagine what that would be like.

I don’t understand how all 8 flowered under 24 light?

Maybe it’s something they do as they die?

Kevuk

Kevuk

For the record I had no intention of trying to grow bud under 4 10w IKEA grow lights. I just use them for cuttings and seedlings.

Can vouch for their quality running 24 hr for 2-3 months. Not one died.

Jakecan

Jakecan

Lol. I could only imagine what that would be like.

I don’t understand how all 8 flowered under 24 light?

Maybe it’s something they do as they die?
Forsure probably a stress thing. Maybe almost like rodelization? the longer you take the flower past its harvest date the more likely it is to start producing male counterparts to try and reproduce. In this case it was freaking out and started producing the female aspect of itself but obviously didn't have the water and nutrients to make it super far?

Kevuk

Kevuk

Forsure probably a stress thing. Maybe almost like rodelization? the longer you take the flower past its harvest date the more likely it is to start producing male counterparts to try and reproduce. In this case it was freaking out and started producing the female aspect of itself but obviously didn't have the water and nutrients to make it super far?

That makes sense and is along the lines of what I was thinking. Has to be stress.

Top Bottom