Weird Spots On Top Leaves

• Thread starter raging_prole
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
raging_prole

raging_prole

Hi everyone,

I'm a first-time grower, growing from seeds in a pot of soil on my roof in southern Spain. I noticed some spots starting to appear (to the right in the picture) on one of the leaves of this plant, and it's starting to spread. I'm keeping two other plants with this one and they are fine for now. This one seems to be a bit smaller and less developed than the other two.

I looked up what this could be on the internet, and the closest thing I could find to this was mildew maybe, but I'm not sure the look of the spots matches that condition. Could use some help figuring it out, thanks!

Weird spots on top leaves

chemistry

chemistry

Give the plant a good look over for the first sign of bugs, look closely, because if you don't, it will be two leaves next. And water the whole pot, not just a small area. 😉

raging_prole

raging_prole

Cheers, thanks for the answer. Haha, I've been super paranoid about putting too much water in, that's how I ended up with the messed up watering situation.

I went back and checked all 3 plants and I noticed a tiny little winged white bastard hanging around the growing area. Starting to think that white flies might be the issue. I looked under the leaves on the plants and I didn't see any more adults or any little yellow eggs. Maybe some adult white flies have been landing on just the one plant and having a bit of a snack?

chemistry

chemistry

Most of the time the bugs are already in your medium when you buy it, before you buy its stored in vast warehouses, ask your self, where would you like to live if you were a soil bug. You have to try and nail the little pests as the appear, before you get eaten alive as the double in numbers, this is why I like a yellow sticky card or two placed around my grow, if any thing gets caught on it, you know what your up against, they act as a tell tale. 😉

raging_prole

raging_prole

Looks like I got the problem under control before the other plants took any damage :)

growboy420

growboy420

Hi everyone,

I'm a first-time grower, growing from seeds in a pot of soil on my roof in southern Spain. I noticed some spots starting to appear (to the right in the picture) on one of the leaves of this plant, and it's starting to spread. I'm keeping two other plants with this one and they are fine for now. This one seems to be a bit smaller and less developed than the other two.

I looked up what this could be on the internet, and the closest thing I could find to this was mildew maybe, but I'm not sure the look of the spots matches that condition. Could use some help figuring it out, thanks!

View attachment 1183510

Hi everyone,

View attachment 1183510
..what chemistry said..get some ladybugs..pregnant ones if possible.

growboy420

growboy420

Most of the time the bugs are already in your medium when you buy it, before you buy its stored in vast warehouses, ask your self, where would you like to live if you were a soil bug. You have to try and nail the little pests as the appear, before you get eaten alive as the double in numbers, this is why I like a yellow sticky card or two placed around my grow, if any thing gets caught on it, you know what your up against, they act as a tell tale. 😉
..I do my own anaerobic composting..no bugs in soil that way..😋

Latest posts

Top Bottom