Weird symptom for leaves... Any help?

• Thread starter farmsciencebyjake
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

farmsciencebyjake

Hello, here are a couple of pictures of some leaves on my plant. I just had to deal with what I think were fungus gnats.
I used DE (white spots on leaves) and haven't seen bugs since. Also, I can see roots at the top of the soil. Is that going to be a big problem?
Any help and tips are super appreciated!

Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
Any Pests? No
What Strain is it? Sour diesel
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Sativa
Is it in vegetative or flowering Stage? Veg state
If in vegetative stage... How Long? Around 6 weeks
How many plants? 1
If Soil... what is in your mix? FFOF
If Soil... what size pot? 5 feet
PH of reservoir? 6.1
PH of water prior to feeding? 6.5
Temperature of Room/Tent? 75F - 77F
Humidity of room/Tent? 50% - 70%
How often are you watering? Usually a couple days but I waited about 5 days to water again.
Type and strength of fertilizers used? CAL MAG +, Roots Organics Budda Grow, Mammoth
Light manufacturer, height and what percentage is the light intensity? ION 320W LED 40%

Weird symptom for leaves any help
Weird symptom for leaves any help 2
Weird symptom for leaves any help 4

Weird symptom for leaves any help 3
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hello, here are a couple of pictures of some leaves on my plant. I just had to deal with what I think were fungus gnats.
I used DE (white spots on leaves) and haven't seen bugs since. Also, I can see roots at the top of the soil. Is that going to be a big problem?

Soil or Hydro? Soil
Any Pests? No
How many plants? 1
PH of reservoir? 6.1
How often are you watering? Usually a couple days but I waited about 5 days to water again.
Type and strength of fertilizers used? CAL MAG +, Roots Organics Budda Grow, Mammoth
Light manufacturer, height and what percentage is the light intensity? ION 320W LED 40%

View attachment 1205778View attachment 1205779View attachment 1205781
That's a lot of canopy with one light. I don't think those leaves are getting enough light. I use t5 side lighting to help. Nothing below 3 ft will be harvest able larf/scrub weed anyways I'd just pluck them off and not to worry....The leaves do look a bit faded you may need to up your feed...lots of leaves to keep healthy

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Soil or Hydro? Soil
Any Pests? No
How many plants? 1
PH of reservoir? 6.1
What's in Mammoth?

I suspect you have some potassium lockout. I had similar symptoms, recently. I think my lockout, which was worse than yours, was from too much P.

F

farmsciencebyjake

is it all plants or just tall ones?
also how far is light from closest tops?
It is only occurring in one plant (out of 4) each plant is not the tallest and all plants are 30 inches away from LED.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
It is only occurring in one plant (out of 4) each plant is not the tallest and all plants are 30 inches away from LED.
is it the one closest it directly underneath your light?
i sorta see what might be light stress as with nutrient burn, so maybe a combination of light stress and a lock out..
depending on how bad your gnat issues was you could have damaged roots from the larvee eating at them..

F

farmsciencebyjake

is it the one closest it directly underneath your light?
i sorta see what might be light stress as with nutrient burn, so maybe a combination of light stress and a lock out..
depending on how bad your gnat issues was you could have damaged roots from the larvee eating at them..
The plant with the issue is the closest one to the camera. I agree with you on the light stress, about a week ago I had to make the light go at 100% because of heating issues. I just fed the plants today and want to see if the issues go away. If not, I'll have to flush the soil :/
BTW it wasn't a huge gnat problem.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
The plant with the issue is the closest one to the camera. I agree with you on the light stress, about a week ago I had to make the light go at 100% because of heating issues. I just fed the plants today and want to see if the issues go away. If not, I'll have to flush the soil :/
BTW it wasn't a huge gnat problem.
ok..
one gnat can produce 100’s of larvee..

F

farmsciencebyjake

ok..
one gnat can produce 100’s of larvee..
I saw a couple of gnats on the fabric pot. As soon as I saw them I bought DE and dusted each plant. I haven't seen any gnats since but maybe they'll start showing up... I made sure not to water the plants for a while since fungus gnats love overwatering. Maybe it's just a deficiency of nutrients since I haven't fed in so long? (its been week and a half since last nutrients)

TheMaverickFarmer

TheMaverickFarmer

I see a couple issues...Looks like nute burn on the last picture, also looks like a thirsty plant. Back off on the nutes a bit and give more feedings, a plant with that many leaves drinks a lot.
You need to defoliate, get rid of all the bottom stuff, it's useless and won't produce anything decent, will also impact the growth on your tops. These plants still in veg and look like they're already quite tall, especially the ones on the right inside the tent. You should be switching to bloom soon or I suspect you'll run out of height in that tent. One last thing, not familiar with your led light but 30 inches @ 40% seems very low for a 320 watts light, crank that sucker up!
As far as your symptoms go, I've had very similar issues. Mine I believe was due to pH swings and plants had springtails in the soil (coco/castings/perlite)

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Mammoth P is a phosphorus nutrient (bacteria). I give it 6ml a week.

If it is a lockout how would I fix the problem?
Quit the Mammoth P for a while. If you use it again, cut the dose by at least half.

There is no doubt in my mind that is the cause. This JUST HAPPENED to me, and it was from Roots HP, which is all P. (This is a new line of nutrients for me, first time I tried it.) I had never seen this symptom before, in many years of growing.

This hasn't gone far yet for you, mine went further and my plants faded a few weeks early. Buds are still nice, but I'm sure the yield would be higher. It's hard to correct nutrient imbalances in soil. If I were you, I would just continue feeding, without the P for a couple of weeks, then maybe reintroduce it at a much lower dose. Keep feeding with whatever is supplying your K.

F

farmsciencebyjake

Sounds good. Thank you for the help.
Quit the Mammoth P for a while. If you use it again, cut the dose by at least half.

There is no doubt in my mind that is the cause. This JUST HAPPENED to me, and it was from Roots HP, which is all P. (This is a new line of nutrients for me, first time I tried it.) I had never seen this symptom before, in many years of growing.

This hasn't gone far yet for you, mine went further and my plants faded a few weeks early. Buds are still nice, but I'm sure the yield would be higher. It's hard to correct nutrient imbalances in soil. If I were you, I would just continue feeding, without the P for a couple of weeks, then maybe reintroduce it at a much lower dose. Keep feeding with whatever is supplying your K.

Latest posts

Top Bottom