Weird Twisting And Mangled Growth

• Thread starter Breathe deep
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Breathe deep

Hey this is my first post and I am new here.
7 years experience under my belt this far but finally now making it big with a 6 light DE grow :p

This is also the first time I have used coco as my media.

Royal gold tupur media
5-gallon pots
REMO nutrients
Filtered water
6k DE light fixtures
36k a/c mini split unit
Following REMO feed schedule
Strains 5 blue city diesel, 5 Maui wowie, 5 jillybean, 5 skunk #1

My problem is very odd, it resembles over-watering but my coco media is dry. Perhaps a ph issue due to my inexperience with coco media?
Pics included of both healthy and messed up growth any info would be a great help
Thank you all

Weird twisting and mangled growth
Weird twisting and mangled growth 2
Weird twisting and mangled growth 3
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hey this is my first post and I am new here.
7 years experience under my belt this far but finally now making it big with a 6 light DE grow :p

This is also the first time I have used coco as my media.

Royal gold tupur media
5-gallon pots
REMO nutrients
Filtered water
6k DE light fixtures
36k a/c mini split unit
Following REMO feed schedule
Strains 5 blue city diesel, 5 Maui wowie, 5 jillybean, 5 skunk #1

My problem is very odd, it resembles over-watering but my coco media is dry. Perhaps a ph issue due to my inexperience with coco media?
Pics included of both healthy and messed up growth any info would be a great help
Thank you all
No mention on ph... you can pour as man many nutes in a plant as you want... if you dont fix ph then its all unavailable to the plant

420Artie

420Artie

dim down the lights or raise them de lights may be to bright. this happens to plants when I go from 75% to 100%

B

Breathe deep

Temps 72 f at night 78 f day
Humidity day 30-35% night 35-40%
They may be not liking the intense light, that's a wonderful point. I removed one from the room and it kind of bounced back.
Would the light intensity explain the pale green deficiency looking leaves? Also check this photo, light intensity or ph?
Really appreciate all of the replies!

IMG 1769
420Artie

420Artie

raise one light wait 24 hours if they perk up under the raised light problem solved. letting coco dry out can cause all kinds of problems.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Temps 72 f at night 78 f day
Humidity day 30-35% night 35-40%
They may be not liking the intense light, that's a wonderful point. I removed one from the room and it kind of bounced back.
Would the light intensity explain the pale green deficiency looking leaves? Also check this photo, light intensity or ph?
Really appreciate all of the replies!
Pale leaves and purple stems are deficiency and likely ph problems

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Pale leaves and purple stems are deficiency and likely ph problems
He said he been growing 7 years. He got to have pH under stood by now. What could be changing his pH in the coco?
Either way I always flush with half strength and resume what ever was working before I had problems ;)

justiceman

justiceman

It seems like the nutrient line is pretty solid so I'm going with GT21 on this one. I also think it's a PH issue. 5.7-6.0 works well in coco. I like 5.8-5.9

If you don't PH your nutrients that can be a problem. If you do but you let the coco dry out too much that can also be a problem

The Terps

The Terps

I see you have experience but is this your first round with de lighting? Reason I ask is, your plants look all around under fed to me.
If the answer to that question is yes ... then I think you just need to feed more. More light, more energy, more food.
If the answer to that question is no it could be ph, ra, root rot could be just a sick plant.

mango420

mango420

You deff have a nute uptake issue, either under feeding or overfeeding and locking out. How often are you feeding and how many ppm? Are you giving them feed every time? How long have they been under the big lights and how far away are the lights? Also how long have they been in 5 gallons for? If you are feeding all the time in coco and you let the medium get too dry you will have all sorts of problems.

Top Bottom