Weird white leaves at future bud zones

• Thread starter GreenBeanGrowingMachine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenBeanGrowingMachine

GreenBeanGrowingMachine

My plants have some weird white leaves forming at the top bud zones. If anyone one can troubleshoot it for me and give any possible solutions I’d really appreciate it.
Weird white leaves at future bud zones
Weird white leaves at future bud zones 2

GreenBeanGrowingMachine

GreenBeanGrowingMachine

Details please!!
I’m growing them outdoors in fabric pots. They were really really root bound for a good 2 weeks at least. I just transplanted them from 15 gallon pots to 30 gallon pots. Ik they are experiencing a Couple deficiencies (potassium is one I’m sure I’m deficient in and I’m watching for nitrogen too). I’ve been using neem oil for pests but really lightly since I’ve been hearing bad stuff about it recently . It wouldn’t surprise me if bugs were the what was causing this

GreenBeanGrowingMachine

GreenBeanGrowingMachine

Honestly, I would prune it off and if it happens again, then I would be worried about it. I grow thousands of plants (cut flowers) and sometimes plants just do weird things.
Makes sense, the main reason I’m trying to find the reason however is because it’s already happened on the plant I have pictured above but it’s starting to happen on another plant and I’m not sure what’s causing it just yet

Seraphine

Seraphine

What soil? What nutrients? pH? How frequently are you fertilizing? Have you seen bugs on the plant? I’ve never encountered bugs that have discolored leaves like that but there is a first for everything...

GreenBeanGrowingMachine

GreenBeanGrowingMachine

What soil? What nutrients? pH? How frequently are you fertilizing? Have you seen bugs on the plant? I’ve never encountered bugs that have discolored leaves like that but there is a first for everything...
So for soil I’m using 420 potting soil, I’m using fox farm tiger bloom, molasses, and great white mycorrhizae every two weeks then a monthly compost tea that I brew. I also water with normal water every 3 days. the pH is between 6&7 (not sure how accurate my monitor is tho), I’ve seen bugs a few times but mostly at night, theres definitely obvious signs of bugs however (holes in leaves and little, slightly brighter spots). I don’t know how a bug would cause the discoloring like I have on the top of the plant but since it’s my first time growing I’m kinda just going off of what other people are saying

Last edited:
GreenBeanGrowingMachine

GreenBeanGrowingMachine

Also does anyone know if extremely root bound plants (The roots actually grew through the bottom of my fabric pot that I’m using) could cause problems that look like a deficiency? I’m wondering if it’s smart to wait a couple weeks to let the plants settle in the new pot before immediately trying to fix what I think is the problem. They were previously in 10 g pots and now they are in 30g. What problems could this cause for me?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Another possible mite issue. I’d sprint and get the microscope. Cut some of those wilted leafs and examine under 40-100x microscope. Russet mites are hard to see with the naked eye. I see this issue across the farm a lot lately. Look at these pics. Check fast because if it is a mite issue, they multiply fast, almost to fast to maintain.

906B42A4 0E8A 4FE3 9432 776E8C208FC7
GreenBeanGrowingMachine

GreenBeanGrowingMachine

Another possible mite issue. I’d sprint and get the microscope. Cut some of those wilted leafs and examine under 40-100x microscope. Russet mites are hard to see with the naked eye. I see this issue across the farm a lot lately. Look at these pics. Check fast because if it is a mite issue, they multiply fast, almost to fast to maintain.
Oh shit I think that might be it, that looks really similar. Do you know how to get rid of them?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Oh shit I think that might be it, that looks really similar. Do you know how to get rid of them?
I am not saying that is the issue. I’d examine further to be sure it is. I started with trifecta crop control, spraying at night 3x a week, then insecticidal soap the opposite days. It takes more than one preventative to nap those fuckers. I finally had to nuke them with a hot shot inside my tent and eliminated them. Outdoor may be harder. I sincerely hope it is NOT a mite issue. I’ve heard of some nasty story’s of large crops being wiped out in Humboldt County.

2F419452 5CFC 41F7 9746 84292729DCD2
49AE762E E073 417F B795 FD70B9FFEC96
3F2ADF0E 3A84 44B9 9789 D3BA9E528D64
Top Bottom