Weird white leaves at future bud zones

• Thread starter GreenBeanGrowingMachine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I think it’s gonna be easier to just prune it off no? I don’t think They have started flowering yet so i don’t think it would be too big of a loss.
Take @beachwalkers advice and wash the plants off. Of coarse it’s easier to prune them off if that is the issue but is that really solving the issue? You don’t think they’d come right back. Mite larva hatch every 3-5 days so again, if it is your issue, you may have eggs somewhere other than where you prune. Cut off a couple leafs that are having the issue and examine the underside of leaf with a microscope or a take a pic and zoom in as much as you can. That’s the only way you will know if that’s your issue or not. Not with your naked eye. Read up on IPM.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I think it’s gonna be easier to just prune it off no? I don’t think They have started flowering yet so i don’t think it would be too big of a loss.
You don't prune mites off. You do what mr. Burns, who's recently back from an awesome vacation, mentioned above, for starters, because they're not just on that one top, they're everywhere

I deleted that post because I didn't want to get ahead of him identifying them visually

What I had mentioned was to hit them hard with a garden hose and knock off as many of them as you can first, and then when they've dried then treat them, because they'll be less to kill once you knock a good majority of them off with a hose

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
You don't prune mites off. You do what mr. Burns, who's recently back from an awesome vacation, mentioned above, for starters.

I deleted that post because I didn't want to get ahead of him identifying them visually

What I had mentioned was to hit them ghard with a garden hose and knock off as many of them as you can first, and then when they've dried then treat them, because they'll be less to kill once you knock a good majority of them off with a hose
Glad to be back. Came home to some thirsty plants. And lots of issues on the farm! Haha. Glad to be of service though. I agree with everything stated above.

GreenBeanGrowingMachine

GreenBeanGrowingMachine

Glad to be back. Came home to some thirsty plants. And lots of issues on the farm! Haha. Glad to be of service though. I agree with everything stated above.
You don't prune mites off. You do what mr. Burns, who's recently back from an awesome vacation, mentioned above, for starters, because they're not just on that one top, they're everywhere

What I had mentioned was to hit them hard with a garden hose and knock off as many of them as you can first, and then when they've dried then treat them, because they'll be less to kill once you knock a good majority of them off with a hose
Alright I’m gonna try and check under a microscope or at least a magnifying glass cuz I don’t have a microscope. Thanks again for all the help guys and bearing with all my questions. I’ll post again on this thread if I find out what’s wrong for sure

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Alright I’m gonna try and check under a microscope or at least a magnifying glass cuz I don’t have a microscope. Thanks again for all the help guys and bearing with all my questions. I’ll post again on this thread if I find out what’s wrong for sure
Has it progressed since yesterday?

GreenBeanGrowingMachine

GreenBeanGrowingMachine

Has it progressed since yesterday?
Not really but I could be wrong I didn’t have enough time to stay and work on them too long yesterday sadly. I did have the owner of the house I’m growing at take some better pictures and got one of the plant it is starting out on. Right now on the plant it is really clear on, it is on 3 of the branches at the top.
4A030BD3 5123 44F6 8524 F3960A9A23F0
3AC64545 D80C 428F A41B B3E49E11957D
11B503CB AED3 41A1 95A6 92376AED404D

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Not really but I could be wrong I didn’t have enough time to stay and work on them too long yesterday sadly. I did have the owner of the house I’m growing at take some better pictures and got one of the plant it is starting out on. Right now on the plant it is really clear on, it is on 3 of the branches at the top.View attachment 996920View attachment 996921View attachment 996922
Utterly similar to what I went through. I had to dispose of a plant my infestation was so bad. I hope you get to the bottom of this.

GreenBeanGrowingMachine

GreenBeanGrowingMachine

Utterly similar to what I went through. I had to dispose of a plant my infestation was so bad. I hope you get to the bottom of this.
Shit hopefully that’s not the case, I’m definitely gonna quarantine those two plants though. Thanks for all the help once again guys really appreciate it.

GreenBeanGrowingMachine

GreenBeanGrowingMachine

So after doing some more research I think it’s iron deficiency. Phosphorous competes with iron and since I was using foxfarm tiger bloom, which is a flowering nutrient, too early. I’m thinking that I caused a nutrient lockout on iron. I just made the switch today to grow big and big bloom from foxfarm. According this youtuber lex Blazer iron deficiency is common during a really stressful event or during ph fluctuations which would explain why it happened after transplanting that plant while it was really root bound. I’m not 100% sure but the circumstance and picture are convincing me that’s the problem. I’ll add some pics from the internet. Maybe this is it?
393EF75D 8EE8 4EFA 9F0B DBDA6B49B018
E5A1C01E 439F 47C4 A7BD BFA0E595BFCF
1F6C246A 6548 4149 BF6F 4B2930905526

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
So after doing some more research I think it’s iron deficiency. Phosphorous competes with iron and since I was using foxfarm tiger bloom, which is a flowering nutrient, too early. I’m thinking that I caused a nutrient lockout on iron. I just made the switch today to grow big and big bloom from foxfarm. According this youtuber lex Blazer iron deficiency is common during a really stressful event or during ph fluctuations which would explain why it happened after transplanting that plant while it was really root bound. I’m not 100% sure but the circumstance and picture are convincing me that’s the problem. I’ll add some pics from the internet. Maybe this is it?View attachment 997429View attachment 997430View attachment 997431
Yah those pictures compared to yours are very convincing. I think you have found your issue. Great job and happy grows.
Burnz

BigD66

BigD66

4A02418B BB07 4581 AAEB 2ABE42AF31CA
Order one of these. Way easier to deal with than the plastic handheld microscopes. You can identify your notes and then use it to watch the trichomes ripen during flower.

GreenBeanGrowingMachine

GreenBeanGrowingMachine

View attachment 997442Order one of these. Way easier to deal with than the plastic handheld microscopes. You can identify your notes and then use it to watch the trichomes ripen during flower.
Yeah that shit would be hella cool actually to look at the trichomes. I’ll have to check it out thanks

Top Bottom