Weird

• Thread starter mr skunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mr skunk

mr skunk

sup people this is my 3rd grow and so I'm still learning a lot and researching everything....I've never bought seeds or been able to clone because of skill level but going to try cloning off this plant...I believe it's showing signs of female...I have probably the simplest grow set up lol...I have a hydrofarm 8 bulb t5 light...yes using wrong bulbs(wrong color) but did pretty good on last round...I'm only using dynagro grow and the bloom...flushing every 2-3 feedings....temps are about 80-82 lights on 72-75 lights off....18/6 schedule for now...plant is right under a month old since sprouting and she is short and thick...one question I have ....hopefully can see in the pic if I do it right is the main stalk and side stalks are thick as hell which I know is a good thing but in one of the pics you can see multiple leaves coming out of one of the stems....I mean it's layered I've never seen anything like it has anyone else? I'm also taking tips and advise thanks in advance...the last 2 pics show what I'm talking about...idk just weird to me

Weird
Weird 2
Weird 3
Weird 4
Weird 5
Weird 6
Weird 7
Weird 8
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

It might be that your light has a lot of blue Spectrum like 6500 k and it's very intense and close. You said you were using the wrong color not sure what color you were using. But if you raise the light maybe a couple inches and swap a couple bulbs for 3000k it might stretch a little

mr skunk

mr skunk

The bulbs are 4100 ....usually keep them close cause they are flouresent and don't really get hot...just start low stress training few days ago and trying to keep bigger fan leaves from covering everything ...which those are friggin huge too

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

The bulbs are 4100 ....usually keep them close cause they are flouresent and don't really get hot...just start low stress training few days ago and trying to keep bigger fan leaves from covering everything ...which those are friggin huge too
The plants look good don't get me wrong but if you want to stretch it out maybe you should pull that light up just a few inches could make a big difference. That's pretty impressive that you can get that from a fluorescent.

mr skunk

mr skunk

Thanks man yea I don't mind short bushy since for now space is an issue until I can build my room...I know everybody has their own way of growing and sink a lot of many in it and yes can get better yields but it don't seem bad for the setup I have

mr skunk

mr skunk

Really just trying to see if anyone has seen or has of their own the side stems that thick and that many leaves trying to come out at once

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
sup people this is my 3rd grow and so I'm still learning a lot and researching everything....I've never bought seeds or been able to clone because of skill level but going to try cloning off this plant...I believe it's showing signs of female...I have probably the simplest grow set up lol...I have a hydrofarm 8 bulb t5 light...yes using wrong bulbs(wrong color) but did pretty good on last round...I'm only using dynagro grow and the bloom...flushing every 2-3 feedings....temps are about 80-82 lights on 72-75 lights off....18/6 schedule for now...plant is right under a month old since sprouting and she is short and thick...one question I have ....hopefully can see in the pic if I do it right is the main stalk and side stalks are thick as hell which I know is a good thing but in one of the pics you can see multiple leaves coming out of one of the stems....I mean it's layered I've never seen anything like it has anyone else? I'm also taking tips and advise thanks in advance...the last 2 pics show what I'm talking about...idk just weird to me
That last pic or two looks like your plant is a whorled phylotaxy plant and maybe even polyploidal, it could either be a super funky plant like youve never seen or a Thc less plant, flower it out and see, beginners luck, wow....

P

PharmHand

I have a lil seedling doing funky stuff like that too. Been researching it a bit lately seems most often the whorled plants end up being male. But if not might be something interesting....

mr skunk

mr skunk

I read up on the whorled plants and mine ain't doing that 3 leaf thing it all looks normal except a couple side shoots that look like they want to explode with new growths....like I said I am a rookie but have been around em a lot and just used to seeing a bigger gap between nodes and a lil taller by now but have read that short and bushy is good and easier to get flat top so I'll just flower it soon and see what happens ....thanks for all responses

fatawa

fatawa

and just used to seeing a bigger gap between nodes and a lil taller by now but have read that short and bushy is good and easier to get flat top so I'll just flower it soon and see what happens .
short and bushy is cool.if u want them taller like said b4 raise yur light.your keeping them short and stout by having it so close

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

That last pic or two looks like your plant is a whorled phylotaxy plant and maybe even polyploidal, it could either be a super funky plant like youve never seen or a Thc less plant, flower it out and see, beginners luck, wow....
That is true I have seen a freak of nature like that before.

mr skunk

mr skunk

I just might name it freak of nature OG lol thanks dnewsome2

mr skunk

mr skunk

I managed to move some leaves around to get more pics ....I've read up on pruning and trimming to let light to the lower sights....what's yalls opinion on it? Should I remove the lower bigger fan leaves...I've read all kinds of forums and it's almost 50/50 on yes and no i know those are like the intake system for the plants
IMG 1130
IMG 1131
IMG 1132
IMG 1133

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I managed to move some leaves around to get more pics ....I've read up on pruning and trimming to let light to the lower sights....what's yalls opinion on it? Should I remove the lower bigger fan leaves...I've read all kinds of forums and it's almost 50/50 on yes and no i know those are like the intake system for the plants View attachment 706501View attachment 706502View attachment 706503View attachment 706504
I remove everything except the very top set of leaves 3 days to a weeks before flip. The plant will double in size and grow a ton of new nodes in the first few weeks of flowering. After the first two weeks of flowering you should stop removing growth so that you dont stress the plant. Stress the crap out of in veg, they like it.

Top Bottom