Welcome! - Preview and Suggestions

Hello, and welcome to the THC Farmer Magazine thread! If you haven't picked it up by now, we are starting a magazine ;) I'm going to be coordinating the magazine and designing several of the layouts.

If you think you have any talents that can be of service to your favorite weed website's new publication (writing, graphic design, knowledge, an eye for good threads, you keep up with political weed news, etc.) then let me know and let's get this show on the road!

Now if I can figure out how to move the old magazine thread into this forum...hmm

To start off, here is what we have worked out so far. Any suggestions....let me know!

Toke of the Town (News section): contains any news whatsoever related to marijuana around the world, be it medical, legal..whatever!

DIY Project: this is section that would be dedicated to Do-It-Yourself where we could pick one topic from the forums every month that is a badass DIY project or tip of some sort

Know Your Grow: this section would be sort of like a "Grow Q&A" where questions get answered. Everything from pest problems to nute deficiencies, and little grow tips from our members

Farmer of the Month: self-explanatory!

Munchies: every month there would be a cannabis infused recipe here

Cultivation: This would be the spot where there is an article written by a forum member about cultivation, either hydro, soil, indoor, micro, organic..anything! Of course I would go around and choose content that I thought would be beneficial or content could be recommended to me from somebody!

Contest: This part of the mag would contain the picture of the month and also any other contest ideas that the THC-Farmer members come up with

Grow Diary: We could pick a complete grow diary from the forums every month and showcase it in this section of the magazine, to get the experiences learned from it all incorporated into the mag

Cool Stuff: A spot in the magazine for badass grow gear, crazy pipes or bongs, hemp clothing...anything that it really interesting could go here, security stuff

Media: Last but not least, a media section. Any bud-related books, movies, or internet resources could be listed here.

Preview of the "Munchies" section:

A little somethin' I whipped up in 5 minutes to get people excited about it! Like I said, I'm always open to suggestions!

Preview of the "Contest" section:

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wow, I honestly didn't think it would ever get off the ground. Off to peruse right now!

Seamaiden! Good to hear from you! Yea, let's get this shit started....finally got the word from logic, and it's now official. THC Farmer WILL have a magazine :p

...now to find people to take care of different sections of the mag.....

i think with all the breeders and what not on here i think a monthly interview with each one to showcase there stuff, grow tech's and basic views would be cool and insightful.
with the likes of chimera ,raskal, karma and sannie im sure we would get some really cool reads.

i look forward to the mag an hope it takes off
all the best
Sinestro

i think with all the breeders and what not on here i think a monthly interview with each one to showcase there stuff, grow tech's and basic views would be cool and insightful.
with the likes of chimera ,raskal, karma and sannie im sure we would get some really cool reads.

i look forward to the mag an hope it takes off
all the best
Sinestro
That's a great idea! And that's the direction we're headed with the "Farmer of the Month" section I believe

Looks awesome. One thing: the strapline doesn't read quite right. I prefer the original, "setting the standards others follow"....that comma makes a big difference imho....just my 2p

FF

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking Good

How would one get this magazine? Would it be available on the farm? Would it actually be printed? You are to be commended on your accomplishment so far

mal

Looks awesome. One thing: the strapline doesn't read quite right. I prefer the original, "setting the standards others follow"....that comma makes a big difference imho....just my 2p

FF
Yeah I agree....it makes a big difference. I copied it straight off the thcfarmer.com full page ad, like the ones in High Times. I think it makes more sense without it, but which is the correct way?

mal said:
How would one get this magazine? Would it be available on the farm? Would it actually be printed? You are to be commended on your accomplishment so far
It will be available online on the farm and if I'm not mistaken there will be a print version available if this runs successfully for a year. Or something like that lol. Kind of winging it right now, but thank you! I think it is turning out decent? Would you like to contribute an article? lol

im good at photoshop
Would you be interested in heading up a section of the mag? I think I want to do the munchies section because I LOVE cooking with bud. I'll most likely end up doing more but that's okay with me.

So is there anything you want to do specifically?

i am loving the layout. nice work for sure.

I think it would be nice to have a

Know your Strain

This months strain.
Breeder
parentage&hybrid%
pheno differential pics w/ descriptions.
thc/cbd% would be great, terpene breakdown if possible.

it would be a lot of work. but the publicity for the breeder should almost be worth the work. :sweating ..it would definitely set the magazine well above the competition's tired old "bud of(insert half nekkid chic) the month" pinup.

An impartial product review section would be awesome as well.

Though that brings in a lot more headaches..

maybe i will wait till vol2 issue 5 before suggesting these ideas...:joint:

love everything so far.

this is soo sweet! i wish i had more skills to offer.if you need your house remodeled, car fixed, woods cleared, i can handle those and more, but am lost on the computer. lol..lookin forward to this magazine. peacentreez

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i am loving the layout. nice work for sure.

I think it would be nice to have a

Know your Strain

This months strain.
Breeder
parentage&hybrid%
pheno differential pics w/ descriptions.
thc/cbd% would be great, terpene breakdown if possible.

it would be a lot of work. but the publicity for the breeder should almost be worth the work. :sweating ..it would definitely set the magazine well above the competition's tired old "bud of(insert half nekkid chic) the month" pinup.

An impartial product review section would be awesome as well.

Though that brings in a lot more headaches..

maybe i will wait till vol2 issue 5 before suggesting these ideas...:joint:

love everything so far.
A product review section that doesn't make it obvious the author is fellating the producer/manufacturer would be fucking AWESOME, and in my world it's a must. Model it after aquarium magazines. They take advertising from all comers, but their reviewers give good, honest reviews of products. I never ever see that in cannabis-related magazines, which is why I refuse to spend money on them, don't even care to read that. Ok, that and the spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors.

Get some hard science in there and I'll be all over it like white on rice.

I'm taking a journalism class right now and I always have to do current events. Give me a subject, strain, event, etc. and I can bang out a couple samples for you. Plus I can use them for the class.

A product review section that doesn't make it obvious the author is fellating the producer/manufacturer would be fucking AWESOME, and in my world it's a must. Model it after aquarium magazines. They take advertising from all comers, but their reviewers give good, honest reviews of products. I never ever see that in cannabis-related magazines, which is why I refuse to spend money on them, don't even care to read that. Ok, that and the spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors.

Get some hard science in there and I'll be all over it like white on rice.
this has to be a must. no fn bullshit. leave the hype out of it. just pure facts .

Hell, I'd buy the print mag for the product reviews alone if that were the case! High Times has sucked for years - bunch of frigging sellouts!

Latest Cannabis Seeds

Strawberry Sorbet
Sold out

Strawberry Sorbet

DNA Genetics
Heirloom Swiss Sativa x Sorbet
Feminized
Limited
$85.00
Sorbet Stash
Sold out

Sorbet Stash