Welcome to Sequoyah Cannabis Co! Follow our journey!

• Thread starter SacredTreeOrganicFarms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Sacred Tree Organic Farms
Supporter
Mothers starting to look real good!
I’m running 2x LED full spec lights at about 12-14 in above the canopy, doing a little topping and bending. Is this too much or too little light?

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
Guys! We’re almost there!!!! I apologize I’m terrible at keeping updates bc I work so much!! But we’re in week 6 flower! These babies look AMAZING! We’re on track for a minimum of 2 pounds, which I’m made about but I NEED TIPS/ADVICE ON BUILDING SOIL ROOT STRUCTURES!!!!!

701F79FF FE86 4557 836A ACD20D623A46
43401B13 9E9C 4CAC BB2A F3901466AE6E
1E3A66AA 9CC8 4266 AA71 86FF54A35D98
7AA305D9 8C96 4F00 95AC 923FEF20C9E1
9724C4D3 BD14 45DE 8181 93E81214D1EC
FDD7B7DF 9FA9 4579 8ED2 4D85ED085CBC
SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
@Chad.Westport @Aqua Man @quirk @MIMedGrower @tomatoesarecooltoo week 6 flower began Monday 11/16! Everything’s looking great but absolutely need tips on building large root structures. And should I have used a bloom booster starting week 5 on until week 7-8 flush? I am in super soil so I didn’t notice deficiencies until week 5.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No deficiencies... thats the key. Hard to say on the bloom booster but maybe a slightly lower nitrogen and a little more PK MAY have made a tiny difference. They biggest thing is they are healthy are harvest and thats how they look... so I think you did well and a tiny tweak may help you but definitely would not make any drastic changes.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

I usually like to pump nutrients in week 5 and 6, that tends to be when I get the majority of plumping on the strains I grow, regardless of additional food or not. I want the plant to have all the nutrients it needs to bulk up, but I cut it all off week 7 and start my flush.

Building roots starts in veg. Adding mycorrhizae and microbes is a popular option for people. I like kelp additives as well. During the lights off, the plant generally focuses on root growth, so be sure you give it a little rest during the daily veg cycle.

Nice and frosty buds man, you will be enjoying that later!

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
No deficiencies... thats the key. Hard to say on the bloom booster but maybe a slightly lower nitrogen and a little more PK MAY have made a tiny difference. They biggest thing is they are healthy are harvest and thats how they look... so I think you did well and a tiny tweak may help you but definitely would not make any drastic changes.
Appreciate this big time! They do look great! But I definitely could have built the roots bigger to get larger plants right? For 10 gal pots i feel like they should be soooo much bigger?

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
I usually like to pump nutrients in week 5 and 6, that tends to be when I get the majority of plumping on the strains I grow, regardless of additional food or not. I want the plant to have all the nutrients it needs to bulk up, but I cut it all off week 7 and start my flush.

Building roots starts in veg. Adding mycorrhizae and microbes is a popular option for people. I like kelp additives as well. During the lights off, the plant generally focuses on root growth, so be sure you give it a little rest during the daily veg cycle.

So would you suggest the bloom boost past week 5 since the stretching is over and the focus is bud production?? I’m using roots organic terp tea bloom with 3-7-4. My buds and plants should be sooooo much bigger if I built the roots better. The Terp Tea bloom booster is a 0.5-6-18, which would have been better past week 5 I am assuming. Do you also think the ring watering method, and multiple transplants is key to large root structures? It seems to work in coco at my job, but in super soil idk? I can’t wait to see how they smoke and I appreciate you and @Aqua Man ’s feedback and support!

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Aquaman makes a good point, it doesn't look like there are any deficiencies, so don't go double strength or anything, but maybe one or two feedings with that terp tea bloom booster over the next week would be good.

Root development is one area I haven't done a lot of experimenting with. I do use mycorrhizae inoculant when I transplant and I also add kelp powder to my water in the beginning few weeks. I'll pretty much always transplant once during the whole cycle. In soil, your key will be aeration, the roots need micro-pores, which is why coco rules for water / air mixture, but soils can get compacted, especially over time with waterings. For better root development, make sure that the soil has plenty of perlite or you can even mix in a bit of coco.

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
Aquaman makes a good point, it doesn't look like there are any deficiencies, so don't go double strength or anything, but maybe one or two feedings with that terp tea bloom booster over the next week would be good.

Root development is one area I haven't done a lot of experimenting with. I do use mycorrhizae inoculant when I transplant and I also add kelp powder to my water in the beginning few weeks. I'll pretty much always transplant once during the whole cycle. In soil, your key will be aeration, the roots need micro-pores, which is why coco rules for water / air mixture, but soils can get compacted, especially over time with waterings. For better root development, make sure that the soil has plenty of perlite or you can even mix in a bit of coco.
I’ve heard about that too, doing medium mixtures of like 80-20 or 70-30. I was recently taught the “ring method” which is just watering majorly in the outside ring of the pot and then splashing the middle. They were sooooooo badly deficient in CalMag and Nitrogen I did a heavy pruning (I got super lazy and never did a veg defol) and it cleaned it up nicely but I also fed terp tea bloom @ 1/2 strength with 2tbsp molasses to feed the microbes. These started end week 4 begin week 5.

E2E9FCCD 4E2B 4070 BA70 CDC8DA274816
44C61FC5 22B1 42B2 8653 34D47B1B892C
8788E307 A2B3 4E88 8B90 8EF683A9C2DB
8B366D47 CECB 491F A267 0276318B6F57
F28711BA A1FB 41BC 87DE 06056BA6589B
SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter

Also, I’m in SoHum living soil which is preamended so much these deficiencies haven’t started until week 4/5 flower!!! So the terp tea is a dry tea that I brew with molasses. It says there no need to flush since there’s no salt based nutrients and it’s mostly just water and compost teas to condition the soil.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

The curling of the leaves and the spotting could be signs of mites in the grow. Do you see any webbing on the buds?

I've heard about the ring method, based on the thought the majority of the roots are against the sides of the pots and this is like a direct line to them. That part is true, but if you neglect to water the middle part and it dries out more than the outer part, it can develop concentrated salts and a higher EC, which will lead to trouble. The center soil will draw some of the moisture from the outer portion, but even water throughout is best for maintaining soil PH and EC.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Also, I’m in SoHum living soil which is preamended so much these deficiencies haven’t started until week 4/5 flower!!! So the terp tea is a dry tea that I brew with molasses. It says there no need to flush since there’s no salt based nutrients and it’s mostly just water and compost teas to condition the soil.
It looks like that soil has done you well. There might not be as great of a need to flush, but my personal preference is to flush even when I used organics.

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
The curling of the leaves and the spotting could be signs of mites in the grow. Do you see any webbing on the buds?

I've heard about the ring method, based on the thought the majority of the roots are against the sides of the pots and this is like a direct line to them. That part is true, but if you neglect to water the middle part and it dries out more than the outer part, it can develop concentrated salts and a higher EC, which will lead to trouble. The center soil will draw some of the moisture from the outer portion, but even water throughout is best for maintaining soil PH and EC.
no webbing or bugs, it was foliage tissue burn from spraying with lights on for slight PM. And ahhhaaa gotcha okay. So maybe a little bit more even moisture with proper grow bag weight

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
It looks like that soil has done you well. There might not be as great of a need to flush, but my personal preference is to flush even when I used organics.
Agree. Because even with the Organics flush, the plant begins to cannibalize itself and sends more sugars to the bud sites correct? Because it’s producing more terpenes and cannabinoids to protect itself during its end of life cycle?

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

I do like for my plants to use up all that stored energy in the leaves as I flush. The plants look pretty beat by the end of the flush, but this is personal preference.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

This sounds great! I’m running a 3-7-4 npk of terp tea by roots organic.

Phosphorus is 110% completely overrated! Plants for the most part are P recyclers. With that said little goes a long way....stick with coots recipe! You can invest in P microbes. They'll help free up P which is bound in the soil. Get you some malted barley top dress and make teas...loaded with enzymes...they break down a plethora of nutrients......N is good all the way through flowering depending on the varietal u r growing...i think N should be used all throughout the plants life if the plant is ok with it...you'll need to cure longer though

Ive read this from a few big names in the industry.

Last edited:
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Agree. Because even with the Organics flush, the plant begins to cannibalize itself and sends more sugars to the bud sites correct? Because it’s producing more terpenes and cannabinoids to protect itself during its end of life cycle?
Worried about the organic flush? Big thing here is to enlighten yourself on the burnout times for the amendment's you are using. Long term, medium term, and short term burn rates.....i remember reading in skunk mag. Email the rev and pick his brain!

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

You may not have a nute def here...the over use of molases can cause ph drift...this doesnt always take long.....

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

no webbing or bugs, it was foliage tissue burn from spraying with lights on for slight PM. And ahhhaaa gotcha okay. So maybe a little bit more even moisture with proper grow bag weight

What did you spray for PM.....if you are using grow bags....stop!!! The bottoms ive noticed like to trap soil and that leads to hot spots in the bottom folds...sometimes i notice water sits in the bottoms too...thats not good....get 5to10 gal pots. Fabric is best!!

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
You may not have a nute def here...the over use of molases can cause ph drift...this doesnt always take long.....
Did you see the pictures? I posted them in the thread, definitely some deficiencies showing by week 5ish. Ph drift in the soil? The molasses is supposed to feed the microbes in the soil that break down the organic nutes no?

Top Bottom